What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love how their own board deleted the post.
Don't worry; we can make sure it shows up again there in about a month and a half. Then again in about 5 months.

I read it and saw right off the bat that he expected 9+ wins and thought, "Wow... he thinks they're going to sweep their conference schedule? They should be a pretty good MWC team this year, but I don't know..."

Talk about burying the lede: "if we don't go 3-1 in non-conf play, heads need to roll."

Andy-Dwyer-OMG.gif

I think this is going to be a close game. It will take a bit for our defense to gel. We may have trouble getting to the QB (unknown CU pass rush and good Ram O line) and the secondary is gonna need some time to come together. I see a lot of predictions that this game may not be close, but I think otherwise. I think the Rams have a good squad this year that may be a challenger in the MW. Gonna be a close game, and a win by CU would be a good one (even if very close). And I still think having a game before our game is a major advantage.

Two things here-One, I don't get the preseason hype for CSU, and no, my source for this is not Ramnation. Here's a quote from Phil Steele's magazine-"The Rams will be a contender for the Group of 5, NYD bowl game." They might be a 6-7 win team. They bring back 2 starters on the o-line in Bennett and Golditch. I know they brought back Nick Stevens, but he's not a very good QB in my opinion. The odds that CSU goes into conference play at 1-3 are higher than them being a threat for the NY6. They might have the toughest OOC schedule in the country. In addition to us, they've got the second of the two guarantee games at Alabama two weeks later, and they also go to Hawaii in MW play.

I'd be more concerned about this game if it was another G5 opponent. Oregon State is a much better team now than they were when we spanked them last year. They've got 15 returning starters, including Nall and all three QBs who started games for them.

1-3 Rams would be travelling to Hawaii after getting their asses kicked by Bama. They will be getting ready for Larry Eutaschy ball after that.

I think the Beavs are going to wear the Rams down. I don't get the 3.5 points the odds guys are laying on CSU. Home field advantage, I guess. I think Andersen will have his guys more polished this year.

8d789c0a3c91bee5ed24c433df09882e.jpg

Is payote legal in Ft Collins?
The exuberant delusions of pre-season rams fans is groovy, man.

Two of those Receivers went up against 2nd level talent DBs the bulk of their schedule.
Looking back Gallup had two games against P5 defenses last year; CU and Minnesota. He racked up 38 and 53 yards respectively. I'm sure he's going to be better, but those stats are tainted by some subpar defenses

Something I just noticed is the Broncos have a home preseason game the night before our game against CSU. Do you think that will have an effect at all on the field conditions?

Probably, depends on the crew at Mile High.

Crew at Mile High is very good. Think it depends more on the weather. If the field is reasonably dry going into the Broncos game it will get some wear and tear but nothing that can't be dealt with easily. If the field is soft and muddy and the turf can tear easy it will become a mess.

Fortunately this time of year the odds of that happening are pretty small.

Crew at Mile High is very good. Think it depends more on the weather. If the field is reasonably dry going into the Broncos game it will get some wear and tear but nothing that can't be dealt with easily. If the field is soft and muddy and the turf can tear easy it will become a mess.

Fortunately this time of year the odds of that happening are pretty small.
That's true too. Hopefully it's not all nasty.

Oregon State's new starting QB came from IDAHO who lit up that sorry Ram defense like a Christmas tree for 61 points in their bowl game. Will that Ram D be ready?

Oregon State's new starting QB came from IDAHO who lit up that sorry Ram defense like a Christmas tree for 61 points in their bowl game. Will that Ram D be ready?

He came from Ventura C.C. after a short stint at Idaho in 2015.

He came from Ventura C.C. after a short stint at Idaho in 2015.

He's 6'7" and 235 pounds plus he has that Nall at RB plus Luton will have those practice reps with the WRs. I would think no drawn out QB competition is a significant development for a team that could go to a bowl game this season.

Supposedly, Isiah Hodgins is their other starting receiver. Freshmen, 4 star recruit with size, that I think we were also recruiting.

Rams trying to do something for the OSU game.

DGU32MvU0AALTjy.jpg

That student section is HUGE. Big gamble reserving a third of the stadium for some kids that have never shown up in force to anything in FTC.

Back