What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's only most of the time.

I'd like to blame spell check, but I'm listening to a Montez interview, so I will blame that instead.

Listened to all the podcasts and interviews I can get my hands on. Listening to the wonderful sounds of collegiate drum lines now. It is ****ing football season.

That's only most of the time.

I'd like to blame spell check, but I'm listening to a Montez interview, so I will blame that instead.
Listened to all the podcasts and interviews I can get my hands on. Listening to the wonderful sounds of collegiate drum lines now. It is ****ing football season.
It is nice to not be the most rabid fan among a group of CU graduates. My "real life" CU friends didn't notice we were good last year until we beat Stanford and became bowl eligible. They had stopped paying attention 5+ years earlier.

PS - "Sure you have real life friends!" Now I just saved you posting that response.

Biggest difference I noticed last season once the Buffs were ranked is that people who know I'm a fan but usually don't pay any attention started asking me about the team. It wasn't like usual because I'd give a short answer with the assumption it was a polite thing coming from a "this is something I know Buffnik is interested in and I need to make conversation" place... they were actually engaged and asked follow-up questions. That had never happened before.

I also saw a lot more people in CU gear last year, particularly young people. It was slim pickings at a lot of stores because sales must have far exceeded their usual plan.

Biggest difference I noticed last season once the Buffs were ranked is that people who know I'm a fan but usually don't pay any attention started asking me about the team. It wasn't like usual because I'd give a short answer with the assumption it was a polite thing coming from a "this is something I know Buffnik is interested in and I need to make conversation" place... they were actually engaged and asked follow-up questions. That had never happened before.

I also saw a lot more people in CU gear last year, particularly young people. It was slim pickings at a lot of stores because sales must have far exceeded their usual plan.
We literally had a player (not the smartest kid would be an understatement) during a preseason camp last year, say he'd rather go play for Wyoming than CU because "CU sucks". Same kid was decked out in Buffs gear by about mid season.

Last edited:
I took a minute and threw my stuff in the car so when I head to work in the morning, I'm not trying to remember to pack the right things for the game as well.

All done! Yeah - accept for those damn physical tickets. I had to go digging around my filing cabinet to find them. I knew I was going to (almost) forget them.

I remember I went to dicks to find a new shirt for the girlfriend before the Alamo bowl and right before Christmas. After about 10 minutes of wandering around the store some girl yelled "are you looking for CU gear?" I said yes and she then said they were sold out of it for the holidays and they hoped to have some after Christmas. This is in Parker which is also peak Nebraska territory lol.

I remember I went to dicks to find a new shirt for the girlfriend before the Alamo bowl and right before Christmas. After about 10 minutes of wandering around the store some girl yelled "are you looking for CU gear?" I said yes and she then said they were sold out of it for the holidays and they hoped to have some after Christmas. This is in Parker which is also peak Nebraska territory lol.
We had similar problems finding something that would fit my nephew for the bowl game - he had outgrown all his gear that fit at the start of the season. Ended up having to ebay an old Hagan jersey for him.

Back