What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have to figure your chances of converting against CSU are better than they'd be against Southern cal, for instance. Lots of things factor into the decision to go for it on 4th down. Distance, your confidence in your kicker, your confidence in your punter, your confidence in your offense, confidence in defense, game clock...

Sure. But don't you think the defense would play better with a field position advantage? Getting just around the 50 can be a successful drive for the offense.

Sure. But don't you think the defense would play better with a field position advantage? Getting just around the 50 can be a successful drive for the offense.
It depends. If you're reasonably confident you can convert, you are helping your defense by keeping them off the field. If you don't have confidence in your offense to convert, then you should probably punt. Too many variables to say at this point what they should do in a hypothetical game situation.

Just got to keep pounding that concrete until it cracks. Avoid the peaks and valleys.

My philosophy is to always go with the most accurate fg kicker, regardless of range. Not sure what we have right now, but we got lucky that CU had a top 25 defense last year that pretty much bailed out the kicking game.

It's an issue at the top, I am thinking. Not sure it considered a priority.

You have to figure your chances of converting against CSU are better than they'd be against Southern cal, for instance. Lots of things factor into the decision to go for it on 4th down. Distance, your confidence in your kicker, your confidence in your punter, your confidence in your offense, confidence in defense, game clock...
That is a good way to lose to CSU

Putting your defense in absolute terrible positions, whether that is CSU or USC.
Well, sure. Putting your defense in a bad situation is bad. Going for it on the 50 yard line doesn't necessarily do that, though.

I knew we wouldn't make it through this week without some reference to vaginal dentata. Well done, everyone.

Also, OSU's QB/WRs definitely had their chances vs. CSU. They did not execute. CU will have their chances as well, but have to execute.

Dentata comes from the Latin words for teeth and bewbies.

So it has not been talked about much, but I expect the coaches to attack the CSU defense with several runs from Montez outside the tackles. He can get the edge on that defense.
I re-watched a little of that CSU game and one thing I noticed was CSU's linebackers are not fast. I would imagine we will attack the edges early and often.

Really like the gap/strength analysis in a couple of these threads. If executed by Buffs, would result in a fairly lopsided victory for us (us ~50 points, them ~20 points). Really hope we see at least attempts by CU to exploit those gaps and play to those strengths. Forcing the ewes to pick their poison on the outside with our speed (mentioned by many others too), should be a lot of fun to watch.

I re-watched a little of that CSU game and one thing I noticed was CSU's linebackers are not fast. I would imagine we will attack the edges early and often.
I don't know... it seemed like OSU didn't have a whole lot of success at the edges since their defense was flowing well to the ball. The play that worked every time was the counter with the pulling guard. CSU will probably work hard to fix that this week, so my guess would be that BL and DC will probably try that play early and have some stuff ready to go that builds off of that.

I don't know... it seemed like OSU didn't have a whole lot of success at the edges since their defense was flowing well to the ball. The play that worked every time was the counter with the pulling guard. CSU will probably work hard to fix that this week, so my guess would be that BL and DC will probably try that play early and have some stuff ready to go that builds off of that.
That's because OSU is slow and seemed to have very slow developing plays, from what I saw.

Goat nation is taking that win Sat to heart. Like they belong. Putting way too much stock that their D is up for what CU is going to do because they shut sown OSU in the 2nd half. Their QB crapped himself. Montez already did to OSU what CSU did as a RS freshman.
I'm sure the O was sitting their watching the game salivating Saturday.
El Pass O dropping dimes friday

CB depth is scary. 30 yo won the kicking competition. No changes I caught on offense. OLB and the linebackers in general are interesting. How they get Moeller and Worthington on the field at the same time (does Moeller go buff backer or does Worthington?).

CB depth is scary. 30 yo won the kicking competition. No changes I caught on offense. OLB and the linebackers in general are interesting. How they get Moeller and Worthington on the field at the same time (does Moeller go buff backer or does Worthington?).

I have to believe even though he is listed as a starter, Hasselbach plays on 1st downs and short yardage situations only. But that still doesn't get Worthington on the field as a nickelback unless you sub someone else out. Do we only go nickel in rare extra long situations with the Buff Backer on the field most of the time?

CB is basically Oliver and everyone else at this point. Hope some of those guys are as good as they have been advertised.

Overall I like the mix of guys at LB. Think we have some good speed and some good size, not a lot of experience though.

Moeller at Buff Backer and Worthington at Nickle apparently. Would be a very odd looking 3-3-5 formation.

Back