What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Ft. Collins, Friday, 12/13, 6:00 PM MT, CBSSN)

If we got rid of Boyle, I really doubt you'd care about the basketball team within 2 years.

CU fans will go to extraordinary lengths to defend hideous athletics. Let's look at Kansas State for an example. They regularly get to the tournament and get past the first game. you're telling me Boulder is a less attractive recruiting destination than Manhattan Kansas?

Nah, I'm done with the excuses and I'm done defending Boyle. Just because CU has employed horrible basketball coaches for 30+ years doesn't mean I should defend mediocrity, or have low standards because "it's a tough job!!!!" No, it's not a tough job, it's an easy job. Recruit better, do better.

Tad said that the China trip has hurt our ability to have quality practices. Because we’ve compressed the schedule a bit to make up for the trip, we’ve had to use practice time for game prep rather than working on fundament. Alrighty then.

CU fans will go to extraordinary lengths to defend hideous athletics. Let's look at Kansas State for an example. They regularly get to the tournament and get past the first game. you're telling me Boulder is a less attractive recruiting destination than Manhattan Kansas?

Nah, I'm done with the excuses and I'm done defending Boyle. Just because CU has employed horrible basketball coaches for 30+ years doesn't mean I should defend mediocrity, or have low standards because "it's a tough job!!!!" No, it's not a tough job, it's an easy job. Recruit better, do better.
I've not seen you defend tad, so it's not going to be a big change. And CU is a tough job. You can whine about it, but that's a fact. We are a bottom 3 job in the P12. Also, there is a gap between FIRE TAD NOW (8-2 team against a decent schedule) and saying he is perfect. He's not. Been rough.

Tad said that the China trip has hurt our ability to have quality practices. Because we’ve compressed the schedule a bit to make up for the trip, we’ve had to use practice time for game prep rather than working on fundament. Alrighty then.
There’s probably something to that. It’s only a small part of the problem, though.

Mostly, it’s as simple as Kin playing like a shadow of himself.

I've not seen you defend tad, so it's not going to be a big change. And CU is a tough job. You can whine about it, but that's a fact. We are a bottom 3 job in the P12. Also, there is a gap between FIRE TAD NOW (8-2 team against a decent schedule) and saying he is perfect. He's not. Been rough.

Nope, recruiting to Boulder should not be difficult to any competent coach. If you can bring players to Spokane Washington you can get them to Boulder

Nope, recruiting to Boulder should not be difficult to any competent coach. If you can bring players to Spokane Washington you can get them to Boulder
WSU is a terrible job. It's one of the few CU is better than. Now, do the rest. I think if you educate yourself you'd understand why people say Tad is the best we've had.

WSU is a terrible job. It's one of the few CU is better than. Now, do the rest. I think if you educate yourself you'd understand why people say Tad is the best we've had.

Gonzaga is in Pullman? Wow when did they move?

A win is a win, but I doubt we keep it close vs Dayton. But you never know.

Go Buffs.
If this team shows up, you can forget beating them. We **** around with the ball against them, we'll get wrecked. It is winnable, can't **** around though. Please teach dudes how to set a pick, tired of seeing the laziness in footwork to set one. Run under you're dead with the shooting now. Get through a screen, not around it.

Bull**** argument. Gonzaga plays 2-3 teams that can hang with them between New Year's Day and the end of the season in SMC, BYU, and maybe San Diego. You put them in the Pac 12 as a basketball only school they don't have the success that they do yearly in the WCC. They haven't lost to a conference opponent not named St. Marys or BYU since February 22, 2014.

Last edited:
Time for Boyle to go. No defending him anymore, this team will not go to the tournament, so that's 4 years of no NCAAs. Time for a change.
Who can still defend Boyle? 10 years of evidence is enough. Larry Krystkowiak came in to Utah and got to the Sweet-16 in his 4th year.

We've been saddled with this obnoxiously bad offensive play for years because "He's ThE BeSt CoaCh CU hAs EvER HaD"

If he is the best coach we've ever had that's a reflection of our laughably bad athletics, not anything else. Move on. UPGRADE. So done with this crap, Boulder and CU should be a premiere location for athletics, not UC Irvine level crap.

Oh go **** yourself.

Man that was ugly glad to be able to read so many good vents, Tad is who he is and he's not going to change. Defense, getting more rebounds than the other guy.
I like he runs a clean program and seems most of these young men do well off the court. Agree with many of the posters here tired of sloppy care of the ball, poor shooting, lack of toughness, any offensive creativity. This year as I've watched this team I realized Tad coaches more like his HS coach then LB and I kid you not. Doesn't matter though because tonight the Buffs won and in to many past seasons this would have been a L and every OOC win is looking critical for this team.

Didn’t watch the game .... but **** me, 21 turnovers again? WTF is wrong with this team?

If CSU just shoots 20% from 3, we lose.

So much **** to fix ...

Who can still defend Boyle? 10 years of evidence is enough. Larry Krystkowiak came in to Utah and got to the Sweet-16 in his 4th year.

We've been saddled with this obnoxiously bad offensive play for years because "He's ThE BeSt CoaCh CU hAs EvER HaD"

If he is the best coach we've ever had that's a reflection of our laughably bad athletics, not anything else. Move on. UPGRADE. So done with this crap, Boulder and CU should be a premiere location for athletics, not UC Irvine level crap.

Getting rid of the coach responsible for the most 20 win seasons in program is delusional at this point.

If CU misses the NCAA tournament this year and next year, then CU fans will be ready for a coaching change.

we have a lot of 'mental' issues
all the TOs - or "not valuing each possession".
Kin apparently losing confidence (i hope it's not losing skill)
Bey being a bit of a head case (thought the tv said he only played 4 mins in the 1st half?)
nobody having the leadership, skills to regularly spark rallies/comebacks (Kin can't do it if he's missing most of his shots and throwing the ball away)

maybe TB needs to bring back the Navy Seals

It was nice to see Walton affecting some drives in the first half, we need him back to 100% to consistently rotate in.
Battey gets called for too many fouls, gotta fix that (but some of those are on the refs) as we need to own the post more.

Guard play is killing this team. I am ready for Kin to have a breakout game, it's going to happen.

This is a tough part of the schedule. . . At KU, trap game UNI (who is a legit mid-major but somehow we disregard that), then at CSU.

Last night was about as Tad Ball as it gets. **** Offense, Tough D, and outrebound your opponent(44-32). Road games in December tend to be ugly so happy just to get the win. Cut turnovers from 21 to say 15 and they win comfortably.

Kin will turn it around, he's too good not to. I just hope his poor play isn't due to an undisclosed injury.

In addition to getting Kin right, we need more Dallas Walton. I love Battey but he's too foul prone at the moment and given his physical style of play thats an issue that will never completely go away. Walton was likely our missing piece last year and we can't afford that again this year.

Okay-lets pretend RG gives you what you want and cans Tad. Who do you want to replace him?

why are we not running out of the break? we keep letting teams get their defense set, which makes up struggle in our half court offense.
Preaching to the choir on that one. I've wanted to see it a hell of a lot more than we have so far. It's still early, maybe we'll see it more going forward. I think it would help Kin settle in more as well.

this team cannot make an entry pass to the high or low post without turning it over
Defenses are overplaying us in the post. We try to force it instead of lobbing over the top or reversing the attack with a skip pass. Not sure why our spacing and court awareness has been so bad this year. I definitely blame Tad for this. I'd also call out Kin since he has not been orchestrating things like he's very capable of doing as well as Battey/Bey/Walton/Siewert/Schwartz for not sealing off with deep post position when their number is called.

The beautiful Boulder argument is not a good one for basketball recruiting. I can't wait to get to Syracuse, Lawrence, Lexington, Bloomington, Stillwater, Storrs, etc for the scenery said no recruit ever.

The beautiful Boulder argument is not a good one for basketball recruiting. I can't wait to get to Syracuse, Lawrence, Lexington, Bloomington, Stillwater, Storrs, etc for the scenery said no recruit ever.
This. So much this.

I'm not saying that a nice campus in a nice town isn't a positive, but it's a minor aspect of getting a recruit.

why are we not running out of the break? we keep letting teams get their defense set, which makes up struggle in our half court offense.
I missed last night, but generally this season (not the UNI game, but generally) we’ve been so good on the defensive glass that teams are saying **** it on crashing the offensive boards and putting extra focus on getting back in transition. I agree, we need to try and push transition as much as possible... but other teams do have scouting reports.

I missed last night, but generally this season (not the UNI game, but generally) we’ve been so good on the defensive glass that teams are saying **** it on crashing the offensive boards and putting extra focus on getting back in transition. I agree, we need to try and push transition as much as possible... but other teams do have scouting reports.

I know teams get back, but we can still hustle down the court and not let them set up. Create mismatches, force them into mistakes. Kin seems to jog down the floor after an opponents miss and wait for that high post to get setup.

Back