What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

He’s gotta be pumped to represent the #BoxState
its a trap GIF

Lock 'em down Coach Alford !

I would like to keep some CU direct connections on the coaching staff.

My top target would be poaching Chidera Uzo-Diribe (OLB Coach) from Georgia. Previously, he'd been the top recruiter on Sonny Dykes' SMU staff and was following him to TCU until UGA called.

I would like to keep some CU direct connections on the coaching staff.

My top target would be poaching Chidera Uzo-Diribe (OLB Coach) from Georgia. Previously, he'd been the top recruiter on Sonny Dykes' SMU staff and was following him to TCU until UGA called.
nm

Last edited:
Based on the video of Coach Primevspeaking to his JSU team it sounds like he is recommending his WR coach to take over, so that is one position that will be open.

I highly recommend reading into Willie Simmons. Dude is a superstar and I think USF/FAU are crazy for not hiring him.

When he was 30, he produced the 20th total offense in his first year as OC at MTSU. He then went to a 2-win Alcorn State program and turned them into a top 25 offense and helped take them to 9 wins after 2 years, then in 2014 produced a top 10 offense and got the Prairie View A&M job. In his first year there, they finished the season with the top Scoring Offense in the nation (44.9 points per game) going 8-2. He's now 33-12 at FAMU (54-23 overall as a HC), which were on a 7 year losing streak when he took over.

He'd definitely be a big risk as an OC but I can understand why Prime wants him on his staff in some capacity. I don't know how likely that is given he's doing so well at FAMU and was a candidate for some G5 jobs.

Oops. Anyway, apparently we are retaining Coaches Hagan and Smart.
Link? I have mixed feelings on Hagan if true. On one hand, I think he would be better served in an AD/Alumni role and the staff needs a relentless recruiter at RB coach. OTOH, it probably helps to have a guy like him (and Smart) on staff who understand the traditions of CU and can help with current players.

Multiple sources this weekend told FootballScoop that University of Alabama assistant defensive coordinator Charles Kelly, who coaches the Tide’s safeties on Nick Saban’s staff, intends to join Sanders’s Colorado staff in a top-level, coordinator role.

Brewster, who’s spent the past year as Coach Prime’s tight ends coach at undefeated Jackson State, will accompany Sanders for a staff spot in the Buffaloes’ program.

Sources in the Southwestern Athletic Conference on Saturday told FootballScoop that Sanders was expected to take additional staff members from Jackson State to Colorado; those staff members are slated to include the Tigers’ current defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, a former nine-year NFL veteran who has turned the Tigers’ defensive groups into among the nation’s best at the Football Championship Subdivision level; running backs coach Gary “Flea” Harrell; first-year JSU offensive play-caller Brett Bartolone; and off-the-field, Otis Ridley – JSU’s current director of player personnel – is seen as a top choice to join Sanders in a similar role within the Buffs’ program.
Further, Prime took corners coach Kevin Mathis and linebackers coach Andre Hart with him last night to Colorado. Stay tuned for more on their roles.

Kelly and Thurman as Co-DC's would be huge.

Edit:
This puts his staff as this so far based on evidence.

QB - Bartolone, potential of OC/CO-OC title.
RB or WR - Gary Harrell, Potentially Willie Simmons but he wasn't mentioned again in this article.
TE - Brewster
OL - Markuson was making follows but wasn't mentioned in FootballScoop's article.
DL - Nick Williams
OLB/Co-DC? - Thurman
LB - Andre Hart
S/Co-DC - Charles Kelly
DB - Kevin Mathis

Always possible some of the JSU guys could be in off-field roles, but I don't know about Hagan being retained as an on-field coach.

Last edited:
Back