What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

Love the names - only thing that concerns me is we don't seem to have a strong Xs and Os component to the rumored coordinators.

Love the names - only thing that concerns me is we don't seem to have a strong Xs and Os component to the rumored coordinators.
If we can win 8 games a year based on talent alone, I really don’t care.

Not sure where this rumor is from or why this guy would know anything, could just be speculation, but it is interesting to come up. I think it's more likely Zimmer comes in an off-field role given the smoke with Kelly.

I received some down votes for suggesting this a few days ago, but I don't really understand why. Guy has been an elite DC and fairly decent HC at the very top of the profession for a very long time and we aren't asking our coordinators to get out there and be difference makers in recruiting. Either way, I would welcome Zimmer with open arms in any capacity.

Ha yeah, Sami asked about which assistants were being retained, to which Prime said, "probably none".
For Sami, he grayshirted, redshirted and got an extra year from Covid. If he's back in 2023, he'll be 7 years removed from high school. I'm not surprised or take it badly that he'd want to know whether he's going to have another position coach, DC/system, S&C coach, etc. Very fair question and concern coming from him.

For Sami, he grayshirted, redshirted and got an extra year from Covid. If he's back in 2023, he'll be 7 years removed from high school. I'm not surprised or take it badly that he'd want to know whether he's going to have another position coach, DC/system, S&C coach, etc. Very fair question and concern coming from him.
I'm not suggesting it was a dumb question, as Prime even said great question, but yeah, you can obviously tell the gears are turning in his head that are making him think if he wants to go through another transition that sounds like is going to be a shock to his system and he might be relegated to backup.

Unless there’s a one Kelly per team quota I don’t see how this is related.
Reference to a question the other day when Coach Sanders mentioned "Coach Kelly" in the team meeting and it was asked if he was reffering to Charles Kelly

Dude got fired at FSU because his offense was atrocious. He just got let go by FAU for similar reasons. On the staff as a position coach or an analyst, great. Do not want him as OC.
Littrell as mentioned somewhere else.

I received some down votes for suggesting this a few days ago, but I don't really understand why. Guy has been an elite DC and fairly decent HC at the very top of the profession for a very long time and we aren't asking our coordinators to get out there and be difference makers in recruiting. Either way, I would welcome Zimmer with open arms in any capacity.
As a DC, the guy is elite. The problems occur when he's been a HC. The fact of the matter is though, he can fvcking flat out coach some defense.

It would also be enticing to recruits because he coaches NFL schemes that would get you ready to play in the pros. Exactly what 4/5 star athletes are looking for these days.

Taggart is only 46 years old. Got his first D1 HC job at only 33 and stayed at that level until just now. That doesn't happen by accident. Even though he has struggled recently with the results he has delivered, he's a good football coach and leader who has strong relationships in Florida (particularly the Gulf Coast with him being from Bradenton & coaching FSU & USF). He also knows U Oregon's recruiting infrastructure intimately to go after them in SoCal. I'm not excited about him as a potential OC, but if we're talking something like a position coach and AHC on the offensive side then sign me up.

Taggart is only 46 years old. Got his first D1 HC job at only 33 and stayed at that level until just now. That doesn't happen by accident. Even though he has struggled recently with the results he has delivered, he's a good football coach and leader who has strong relationships in Florida (particularly the Gulf Coast with him being from Bradenton & coaching FSU & USF). He also knows U Oregon's recruiting infrastructure intimately to go after them in SoCal. I'm not excited about him as a potential OC, but if we're talking something like a position coach and AHC on the offensive side then sign me up.
What about something like "recruiting analyst" or "director of scouting"

Back