What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-CSU Football Moves To Friday, August 29

While I get that many Buff Fans hate this game, how many other OOC opponents are going to generate 5 pages of talk on a fan website? I wonder if CSU would want to keep it if we made it a "2 games in Boulder for each 1 game in FC" proposition. Would most of you?

While I get that many Buff Fans hate this game, how many other OOC opponents are going to generate 5 pages of talk on a fan website? I wonder if CSU would want to keep it if we made it a "2 games in Boulder for each 1 game in FC" proposition. Would most of you?
People are always going to complain. Until the Buffs do better, we're not in a position to really be doing that. GameDay isn't coming to this one. Would people prefer this game were at Saturday at 4 PM and on the P12 Network, I wouldn't.

Three for one

People are always going to complain. Until the Buffs do better, we're not in a position to really be doing that. GameDay isn't coming to this one. Would people prefer this game were at Saturday at 4 PM and on the P12 Network, I wouldn't.
Yes we are. The game sucks and CSU "fans" don't show up

I don't care about the other games on Friday night, I'm not complaining about the start time. I'm complaining about the series itself and the location of the series, it's awful. Rick George needs to put this series down Ol' Yeller style.

I don't care about the other games on Friday night, I'm not complaining about the start time. I'm complaining about the series itself and the location of the series, it's awful. Rick George needs to put this series down Ol' Yeller style.

Outside of the location issue, replace it with what? Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, UTEP, Northern Arizona? And 30,000 fans show up at Folsom, having bought special $25.00 or $30.00 tickets? Or travel to Madison, Columbus, or Austin for a ass-kicking and a chump payday? I don't love the CU/CSU game and have only been to one of them, a long time ago, but it's hard to think of a substitute that has an equal metric of "payday/chance of a win". Not an easy issue tini, but deserves hashing out.

End this game with csu thanks.
And what realistically do you want to replace it with? And don't respond with the "anything else." Like Pahi said the answer isn't easy -- between an unattractive home opponent or going to play at a more marquee opponent and being a sacrificial lamb in this scenario.

And don't respond with the "anything else.".

Anything else. It's not healthy for a P5 program to have a real or perceived rivalry with a non P5 program. There is a reason they don't exist.

We might be closer to punting this series than ever. We can only hope.

From phone

Anything else. It's not healthy for a P5 program to have a real or perceived rivalry with a non P5 program. There is a reason they don't exist.

We might be closer to punting this series than ever. We can only hope.

From phone
Ok let's schedule an annual game against an FCS opponent in it's place, no complaining.

That wouldn't be the case, but even if it were, would not possibly give a ****. Punt the series.

From phone

What I'm saying is make a concrete suggestion, which you haven't done.

What I am saying is I couldn't give a rip less how we schedule, just punt the series.

Sorry that is an insufficient answer for you.

From phone

And what realistically do you want to replace it with? And don't respond with the "anything else." Like Pahi said the answer isn't easy -- between an unattractive home opponent or going to play at a more marquee opponent and being a sacrificial lamb in this scenario.

Even if it meant continuing to play the Ewes, but getting home games at HOME, in Folsom, it would be a major improvement.

My major problem is the location. Mile High/Invesco/SportsSack/BigDiaphragm Field sux. If we have to play the goats, we should do it at Folsom. For those of you who say "who we gonna schedule?" I say I went to CU v. NE La., CU v. NMSU, CU v. Hawaii, etc. won't go to Denver's armpit of an NFL stadium to see the goats, sorry.

It's OK, you just don't have any ideas.

My lord are you dumb. Could easily swap CSU for any of these teams:

UNM
NMSU
Wyoming
UNLV
Utah State
Texas schools
Idaho
Some FCS school like UNC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are going to ditch CSU because they are small time, the least we could do is look outside our region and MWC teams for future scheduling.

If we are going to ditch CSU because they are small time, the least we could do is look outside our region and MWC teams for future scheduling.

I want to ditch them because

1. I hate the location and doubt Jack up North would be realistic in scheduling negotiations and probably wouldn't accept a 2 for 1 contract series and I doubt RG wants to continue with the series at Sports Authority

2. **** CSU

I'd like to get into scheduling some OOC games in Texas for recruiting purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had to screw that weekend up somehow. Would have preferred Sunday. Now doubt that I can come, wife probably won't be able to take the day off due to the holiday weekend per her district's policy and I have a hard time justifying taking my oldest out of school for a football game. I wonder if the ticket office would refund my upgrade at least. I will probably have to give them away anyhow.

I might be in for one if you need to sell.

What would I replace it with?
In order of preference:
1. 2 for 1s with regional FBS teams*
2. Home/Away with BCS teams
3. 2 for 1s with ****ty FBS teams (i.e. UMASS)
4. FCS teams in Folsom
5. Home/Away with FBS teams in good travel locations
6. 2 for 1s with CSU
7. Home/away with regional FBS teams
8. 3 for 2s with CSU
9. At least play the damn home games at home.

*If we would travel just a little bit more and/or had a little extra cash to throw around, this might actually be doable. Especially for teams that struggle to meet attendance minimums (mainly thinking Wyo, but I've heard UNLV, and one of the NM schools + UTEP sometimes have problems) and/or have tight budgets.

Last edited:
Now I remember why I stopped checking free boards. I have discussed this for a decade and am bored with it.

From phone

No one likes that poster. Hopefully he doesn't run you off permanently. It would be a terrible trade. Though maybe it would give[strike] us [/strike] the real mods incentive to just ban him.

Wouldn't mind seeing Wyoming or some old Big 8 squads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back