What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

My bad. Or is it? Lol..
I was briefly watching something at work in-between working and heard they weren't in those states.
Took it as good info.

To be fair the info I was listening to mentioned Nextstar as the ownership group of CW. This link shows all Nextstar owned CW stations and none owned by Nextstar in Washington or Arizona.

There are several CW stations out there not owned by Nextstar.
Suppose Nexstar could try to market to the CW stations they don't own in Seattle, Phoenix and Tucson, but is this really a great option?
Nexstar owns a lot of CBS and other Big 4 stations. Was this a concern of yours (not owning the affiliate station in some markets) for CBS and others when they bought broadcast rights to sports programming?

I'm guessing "no" and you're just looking for reasons to have concerns.

Nexstar owns a lot of CBS and other Big 4 stations. Was this a concern of yours (not owning the affiliate station in some markets) for CBS and others when they bought broadcast rights to sports programming?

I'm guessing "no" and you're just looking for reasons to have concerns.
I was under impression that non Nextstar stations would not be a part of PAC12 contract if one ever got signed meaning no Washington, Wazzu, ASU or Arizona could be seen in their markets. IF true CW would never get approved by 4 schools. I don't know this to be a fact. It's what I heard on a sports show.

7hj0il.jpg

Not thrilled with idea of a network who has less viewers than the Food Network.
CW is failing with LIV golf.
I think Nexstar owns a big chunk of those food stations.

Maybe we could get a Pac-12 Tailgate show? 😎🙏

Not thrilled with idea of a network who has less viewers than the Food Network.
CW is failing with LIV golf.
Just wait till LIV golfers win half half the majors this year, and then grab Colin and Haavland.

I'm good with 100% streaming or CW as a major partner. CU is in a good spot, irrespective of conference or media deal.

Just wait till LIV golfers win half half the majors this year, and then grab Colin and Haavland.

I'm good with 100% streaming or CW as a major partner. CU is in a good spot, irrespective of conference or media deal.
Agree. Do people think they’re going to show Dawsons Creek picture in picture while the game is going on?

The broadcast will likely be from P12 Network.
The studio will likely be P12 Network studios.
It’ll be the same production value we’ve been seeing for a decade.

If no one watches, it’s because no one wants to see Cal vs Oregon St at 12pm PT / 3pm ET. Will have nothing to do with actual CW programming.

What would be better - having it on FS1, ESPN2, ESPNU, TNT, TBS? Maybe. Those networks do have more cache in sports but not the same reach and they all have some form of commitment to another conference or two or three (minus TNT, TBS which I believe has NASCAR). And they likely will not pay as well.

If the money is there this is a very good option.

The Post had an article regarding sports on TV and mentioned the PAC 12 contract in passing. It goes into the problems with regional sports networks and the changing media marketplace.

“The best (business) practice for sports properties these days is offering the games on a wide range of screens and technologies,” said longtime media consultant Lee Berke, founder of LHB Sports, Entertainment & Media. “That includes broadcast, over-the-air TV, that includes pay TV, it includes streaming, because you want to be able to watch your games from screen to screen with no friction in between.

“What needs to be done going forward (in Denver) and what definitely has been going on a national basis and is definitely (coming) on a regional basis, is to offer up your games on broadcast, on pay TV and on streaming. There’s a number of different opportunities for subscriptions and advertising sales that you can generate as a result, so ordinarily, the teams will do deals going forward (that) provide the revenue they need to be competitive.”

I think the article failed to discuss the financial ramifications of streaming. But overall Interesting.
Denver in Tv Limbo

Having been 3 feet from PFM, you’re wrong. He’s a damn walking Easter Island statue.
Damn the facts being facts! I just have a fiery distaste for JVB. I was hoping his head grew more after fading from the limelight.

Back