What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Certain media companies want the PAC to dissolve.

If CU goes, and when the Washington State AD implodes under its new $5MM/yr media deal, CU needs to make sure the blowback goes in the direction of USC and UCLA.

Don't forget the B1G & Fox.

Loyalty to conferences are a thing of the past.

There's more to the comment, that imo makes it even clearer we are moving on. RG is leaning out the window of CP's F-650, waving goodbye.

"I have no comment other than what I said last week," Colorado athletic director Rick George said to CBS Sports. "We are proud members of the Pac-12. In a perfect world, we'd love to be in the Pac-12, but we also have to do what is right for Colorado at the end of the day."
RG has to pay the bills, we lost money going to the P12, so we have to go get our bag to save our budgets, even though Prime is giving us a cash influx.

As for basketball, the word is that the Basketball Tournament will not belong to the NCAA in the future, so once someone comes in and pays a couple of Billion for the BB, then Basketball participation in a conference will matter, and sad to say, the small conferences and their auto berths are gonna be gone.

There's more to the comment, that imo makes it even clearer we are moving on. RG is leaning out the window of CP's F-650, waving goodbye.

"I have no comment other than what I said last week," Colorado athletic director Rick George said to CBS Sports. "We are proud members of the Pac-12. In a perfect world, we'd love to be in the Pac-12, but we also have to do what is right for Colorado at the end of the day."
Obviously a reference to what the Syracuse donor overheard at that nieces bat mitzvah.

i welcome our future new truck stop 12 denizens. between religious fanaticism, regional and cultural conflicts, commuter schools, and community college academics, it should be just a ton of fun.

it is only temporary until the whole thing gets reshuffled again.

there will be 4 regional super conferences with 16 teams each... we need to win enough to be one of those teams. if we have to associate with these swine to get there, we will have to live with it.

note: kjuco state is no longer the worst academic institution in the b12. let that soak in, comrades.

let the hatred flow.

The Read Fuck You GIF by Fuse

I think saying loud and clear "we have other options that will give us this X much money" is clear pressure on GK to finalize a deal that will pay at least that much (or acceptably close). RG wouldn't have left the statement that open without a reason.
IMHO, The money is probably not there for GK. This is simply RG lowering the 3rd life boat off the Titanic.

OR

Its a shot across the bow to whichever partner is holding up the media rights to stop dicking around or were out.

Joining that conference does not sit well with me.

IMHO, The money is probably not there for GK. This is simply RG lowering the 3rd life boat off the Titanic.

OR

Its a shot across the bow to whichever partner is holding up the media rights to stop dicking around or were out.

only way to get through it is to lean into the hate. and i am quite certain that they will hate us.

OR

I don't see any evidence it's there either, but I'd love to be wrong. If it were there, it seems it'd be a signed deal by now. I hope GK has a rabbit up his sleeve, but I think RG clearly left that statement open to either pressure GK, start hinting at a move, or both.

only way to get through it is to lean into the hate. and i am quite certain that they will hate us.
This is exactly my thought
We are opponents
We want to defeat them
We want the players in Texas specifically to come play for us
We want Prime to be happy
I also think that we can be the BIG DOG back in the BIG12, and I think that Prime thinks the same way.
I would prefer that we lengthen Prime's contract and really get him locked in for 10 years if we make this move.

I don't see any evidence it's there either, but I'd love to be wrong. If it were there, it seems it'd be a signed deal by now. I hope GK has a rabbit up his sleeve, but I think RG clearly left that statement open to either pressure GK, start hinting at a move, or both.
Were doomed in that conference. But thats just the way the ball bounces.

RG has to pay the bills, we lost money going to the P12, so we have to go get our bag to save our budgets, even though Prime is giving us a cash influx.

As for basketball, the word is that the Basketball Tournament will not belong to the NCAA in the future, so once someone comes in and pays a couple of Billion for the BB, then Basketball participation in a conference will matter, and sad to say, the small conferences and their auto berths are gonna be gone.
Im sure some Presidents would vote for that while others will not. March Madness was a wonderful thing while we had it. ☹️

i welcome our future new truck stop 12 denizens. between religious fanaticism, regional and cultural conflicts, commuter schools, and community college academics, it should be just a ton of fun.

it is only temporary until the whole thing gets reshuffled again.

there will be 4 regional super conferences with 16 teams each... we need to win enough to be one of those teams. if we have to associate with these swine to get there, we will have to live with it.

note: kjuco state is no longer the worst academic institution in the b12. let that soak in, comrades.

let the hatred flow.

The Read **** You GIF by Fuse
Delivering the talking out the ass...you're so full of crap your eye balls are brown. I find solace in the fact that when it's all said and done you're mental age group are going to have to live with it....us boomers won't cry any tears for you and will be happy with a bowl game.

We are doomed no matter what.
On the doomed part, aside from the terrible cultural and academic fit, what concerns me is there’s no big FB brand in the B12. No one denies there are ringers in the B12 but none of them have cache. So when Prime does his thing, if we mess up once, it could mean no CFP.

Whereas in the P12, we’ve got Oregon, Washington and Utah. Clear dogs that if we beat them we are in the CFP. If we lose to one of those three we could potentially still go to CFP.

B12, I could see a great team losing to a 6-6 team and there’s no recovering from it. Have to basically go undefeated every season to make it.

In other words, P12 is easier and has bigger brands. B12 is harder with worse brands. This is a bad trade imho.

On the doomed part, aside from the terrible cultural and academic fit, what concerns me is there’s no big FB brand in the B12. No one denies there are ringers in the B12 but none of them have cache. So when Prime does his thing, if we mess up once, it could mean no CFP.

Whereas in the P12, we’ve got Oregon, Washington and Utah. Clear dogs that if we beat them we are in the CFP. If we lose to one of those three we could potentially still go to CFP.

B12, I could see a great team losing to a 6-6 team and there’s no recovering from it. Have to basically go undefeated every season to make it.

In other words, P12 is easier and has bigger brands. B12 is harder with worse brands. This is a bad trade imho.
Oregon and Washington are as good as gone, and then there is only Utah and if we had not stepped on our own dicks, we would own those freaking red-headed WAC/MWC losers when we joined together. They should have never ever stepped ahead of us.
There will be no cache left in the PAC

Delivering the talking out the ass...you're so full of crap your eye balls are brown. I find solace in the fact that when it's all said and done you're mental age group are going to have to live with it....us boomers won't cry any tears for you and will be happy with a bowl game.
Angry Bruce Lee GIF

triggering our own mouth breathers already!

shouldn't you be out there election denying and protesting health clinics?

Oregon and Washington are as good as gone

Where to? The CFL?

I see this trope trotted out frequently but the Big 10 isn’t inviting them to join anytime this media cycle. UO and UW begged, yes begged, the Big 10 to let them join with USC and UCLA and were flat out told “NO”. The Big10 isn’t going to take less $/team for the next six years to let those two schools squeeze into the pew.

This is exactly my thought
We are opponents
We want to defeat them
We want the players in Texas specifically to come play for us
We want Prime to be happy
I also think that we can be the BIG DOG back in the BIG12, and I think that Prime thinks the same way.
I would prefer that we lengthen Prime's contract and really get him locked in for 10 years if we make this move.
Lolz. We will never be on TV over UT or A&M or other SEC games anywhere in Texas. The BigXII is filler for ESPN.

Last edited:
There’s no reason to make the move other than money. None. If the money in the P10 is even close, we’d be better off staying put and keeping our power dry. Problem is that I don’t think anybody actually knows what the money in the P10 will be.

The PAC does have better members. I firmly believe all the current members would prefer to stay, unless a B1G or SEC offer came.

Unfortunately, management at the Big 12 consistently outmaneuvered the PAC following an epic screw job by USC.

Big media partners have the PAC by the balls.

We are doomed no matter what.
I think were better off in the Pac but that assumes some kind of deal can be had. Which doesnt appear to be the case. No one showing up for Cal, Furd, and UCLA games was an ominous sign. Some Presidents didnt listen to their ADs or put too many restrictions on them.

Last edited:
Oregon and Washington are as good as gone, and then there is only Utah and if we had not stepped on our own dicks, we would own those freaking red-headed WAC/MWC losers when we joined together. They should have never ever stepped ahead of us.
There will be no cache left in the PAC
After reading up on the peer institution data, I agree Washington is up next. But Cal is seen as a B1G peer. Stanford in some cases. Colorado would be next. Oregon is nowhere to be found. I think Oregon has a pretty tough path from a university presidents pov but their former president joining Northwestern really helped their chances.

I know the networks make the calls. Idk if Oregon and Washington are all but a formality.

Idk if any of the P12 is a formality. Honestly think we may be in a holding pattern for some time and that’s ok because we might be where we should be in the P12.

Agree on Utah. That was a strategic mistake to let them jump us in line.

I feel like we have reached a point where it’s no longer anonymous bloggers and fringe media speculating.

If Dennis Dodd, or anyone else with his credibility, which is somewhere between Jerdough and Bruce Feldman, had been reporting CU to the B1G, most people here would be rejoicing. Because he’s reporting a less than desirable outcome, though, many refuse to believe there is any truth.

Watch it become a 32 team, best of 3 series type of setup, mini NBA
I doubt it. The NCAA assures all teams and conferences have a chance and the rev distribution is pretty fair. That makes it hard to pull off what you suggest when the Presidents/ADs vote.

Ill not deny that CART/Indy like break up is possible. I could see the SEC for sure and the B1G maybe leaving the NCAA all together to make something like what you suggest happen. But the balance of the schools would stay and there would still be an NCAA sponsored march madness.

Back