What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I feel like we have reached a point where it’s no longer anonymous bloggers and fringe media speculating.

If Dennis Dodd, or anyone else with his credibility, which is somewhere between Jerdough and Bruce Feldman, had been reporting CU to the B1G, most people here would be rejoicing. Because he’s reporting a less than desirable outcome, though, many refuse to believe there is any truth.
There’s truth to it we just don’t like it.

So Dodd isn't credible? He may not be right, but he does seems credible to me. At this point I don't think anybody knows anything other than we don't know. I wish they would get on with it, but the dragging it out makes it look like the P12 doesn't have a viable offer....

So Dodd isn't credible? He may not be right, but he does seems credible to me. At this point I don't think anybody knows anything other than we don't know. I wish they would get on with it, but the dragging it out makes it look like the P12 doesn't have a viable offer....
RG likely gave it away when he said in a perfect world we’d love to be in the P12… the problem with that statement is we already are in the P12. It’s not a conference we hope to join one day.

So he likely meant it as we would have loved to stay but the reality is we can’t. Now why can’t we?

1) Either the money isn’t there after all

2) We really don’t have a deal but are hopeful

3) We don’t have a deal and not hopeful

4) 2 or 3 but ESPN and Fox want us in the B12 because they don’t have any headliners in that conference and it makes the investment more valuable (i.e., the networks don’t care about CU or the B12 they just want value from the next 5-7 years they paid for the tv rights)

5) We have a deal and RG just doesn’t know

RG likely gave it away when he said in a perfect world we’d love to be in the P12… the problem with that statement is we already are in the P12. It’s not a conference we hope to join one day.

So he likely meant it as we would have loved to stay but the reality is we can’t. Now why can’t we?

1) Either the money isn’t there after all

2) We really don’t have a deal but are hopeful

3) We don’t have a deal and not hopeful

4) 2 or 3 but ESPN and Fox want us in the B12 because they don’t have any headliners in that conference and it makes the investment more valuable (i.e., the networks don’t care about CU or the B12 they just want value from the next 5-7 years they paid for the tv rights)

5) We have a deal and RG just doesn’t know
I think you lay it out well. Hard to know what the heck is going on, but it does not look good for the P12. Maybe somebody pulls a rabbit out of the hat, but I am preparing myself for the Big Buc-ee's Conference.

Every school you’re mentioning + the ones the B12 already added are dumpster diver schools. They suck. It’s a collection of garbage. I can’t stress the garbage part enough.

Shocker but I don’t believe the P12 should go down this road. Merge with the ACC. It’s the only logical path forward that includes a somewhat interesting future. I don’t care if it includes a bat**** crazy GoR we need to do it. The GoR part will get figured out down the road as it gets closer to the end date.
PAC and ACC aren't merging.

Yup.

The CW is gonna beat that other deal for ten whole million dollars a year!

Also

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

angry eric cartman GIF by South Park

Colorado to go Independent and sign $100 million per season exclusive deal with Amazon Prime

"Prime only on Prime"
In all seriousness, something we'd never worried about was CU's tier 3 content because we didn't make much from it. No big deal that it was all rolled into the conference. Now it might matter a whole hell of a lot. We have LHN-like opportunities as long as Prime is HC.

Where to? The CFL?

I see this trope trotted out frequently but the Big 10 isn’t inviting them to join anytime this media cycle. UO and UW begged, yes begged, the Big 10 to let them join with USC and UCLA and were flat out told “NO”. The Big10 isn’t going to take less $/team for the next six years to let those two schools squeeze into the pew.
Oregon could actually tell the B1G that they would come aboard for $0 in years 1, 2 and 3, and then take 50%, and then 100% in year 5 and it would still be a win for Oregon and the B1G once they figure out all the other revenues. Same goes for Washington, and it would likely not affect the other teams, and it would still be a good investment over the PAC deal if it is less than $30 million per year.

RG knows the numbers, and he is backing away from the table very slowly

Whereas, CU goes to the BIG12 and we become probably a top 3 team in that league and the discussion about the CFP is mute.

So Dodd isn't credible? He may not be right, but he does seems credible to me. At this point I don't think anybody knows anything other than we don't know.

I’m in agreement with your third sentence but it is conflict with the second. Dodds is no more in-the-know then Canzano or you or me. Dodds source on this week’s regularly scheduled piece is in fact Brian Howell’s BDC story.

Dodds, Canzano and everyone in the middle is just throwing out the propoganda they are given by their preferred sources. Dodds is generally tied to Endevour
Marketing’s talking points in favor of the Big12 and Canzano from the Pac12.

One of these days CU will announce they are staying in the Pac12 or moving to the Big12 and that will be when Dodds, Canzano and the rest of us will know what is going on.

Howell doesn't know ****. He had no clue Coach Prime was coming.
2% ? Lol

Well…Dodds piece today was built on the foundation of Howell’s interview with RG…and “Howell doesn’t know ****”…therefore Dodds knows less than ****.

Nobody knows **** right now, it’s just you and a few others throwing **** against the wall hoping it will stick.

In all seriousness, something we'd never worried about was CU's tier 3 content because we didn't make much from it. No big deal that it was all rolled into the conference. Now it might matter a whole hell of a lot. We have LHN-like opportunities as long as Prime is HC.
This seems super far fetched but let’s say Prime does deliver. We become a power. I think he will deliver. We would net $31M a year and get massively ripped off in the process with no exit in sight. If it goes as planned we’ll be driving more revenue than almost all B1G and SEC teams ratings & ad spend wise. And we won’t be able to leverage it into a conference upgrade because we’ll be foolishly locked in to the B12.

We’ll be stuck contemplating these kinds of creative revenue ideas above because it’ll beat the alternative of staring at the wall of $31M every year as Rutgers and Missouri almost 3x our revenue simply because they did not screw up realignment decisions when the opportunity arose.

This seems super far fetched but let’s say Prime does deliver. We become a power. I think he will deliver. We would net $31M a year and get massively ripped off in the process with no exit in sight. If it goes as planned we’ll be driving more revenue than almost all B1G and SEC teams ratings & ad spend wise. And we won’t be able to leverage it into a conference upgrade because we’ll be foolishly locked in to the B12.

We’ll be stuck contemplating these kinds of creative revenue ideas above because it’ll beat the alternative of staring at the wall of $31M every year as Rutgers and Missouri almost 3x our revenue simply because they did not screw up realignment decisions when the opportunity arose.
In terms of ratings, there's a damn good chance that CU is a national broadcast and the largest cumulative audience of any team's broadcasts for our 5 September games (TCU, NU, CSU, UO, USC).

In terms of ratings, there's a damn good chance that CU is a national broadcast and the largest cumulative audience of any team's broadcasts for our 5 September games (TCU, NU, CSU, UO, USC).
I’ll take it a step further. We will easily be #1 in ratings. Writing is on the wall. The hatred gives it away. The spring game gave it away. The fascination has reached molten lava levels of hot. They won’t be able to help it. Everyone has to watch us. The super fans. The casuals. Soccer moms. NASCAR dads. They’re all in.

Now what we do with that opportunity? It should be let’s f’ing play it out. Let it happen first and then talk realignment. To do so beforehand is just ridiculous. Sign whatever deal and give ourselves an out to look around after this year. It’s so damn obvious idk how we don’t see this. The answer is right in front of our face.

videos of CU practice and team meetings and such are getting more eyeballs than some magic mid november matchup between ucf and ksu will ever get.

CU, the Pac, and Prime: experience the difference.

Well…Dodds piece today was built on the foundation of Howell’s interview with RG…and “Howell doesn’t know ****”…therefore Dodds knows less than ****.

Nobody knows **** right now, it’s just you and a few others throwing **** against the wall hoping it will stick.

Well now...

I can’t read the last 20 pages to catch up.

Anyone else hear Dodd say there are rumors of CU to the Big 12?

What does everyone think? Just a hunch - but I bet Boomers love it and Millennials hate it.

Probably, Boomers are responsible for about 80% of what is screwed up in this country. They inherited 18% and sports bloggers are responsible for the other 2%.

Back