What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I can’t read the last 20 pages to catch up.

Anyone else hear Dodd say there are rumors of CU to the Big 12?

What does everyone think? Just a hunch - but I bet Boomers love it and Millennials hate it.
I’d be more excited to go back to the big 12 if Mizzou, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Oklahoma were still there. Fun to play the old big 8 teams again like Iowa state, KU, Kansas State, OK State.

Gen X thinks everyone is full of sh!t, every conference is bullsh!t, and all media outlets are horsesh!t. So, fvck it. Whatever happens, we'll abide it as fans, Coach Prime will dominate, and everyone will love us or hate us while paying way too much attention to us.
Pretty close, but not sure Coach Prime will dominate. Also, there some nostalgia and longing for a different time mixed in there.

But I think you nailed it for the most part. **** it, everyone is full of **** and the system is screwed. Let's see what happens. Go Buffs.

Gen X thinks everyone is full of sh!t, every conference is bullsh!t, and all media outlets are horsesh!t. So, fvck it. Whatever happens, we'll abide it as fans, Coach Prime will dominate, and everyone will love us or hate us while paying way too much attention to us.
My wife is a gen X & I'm a boomer...we agree CU will win 7 this year, whatever attention is paid to the Buffs good/bad we can live with.
The haters< won't make any difference what happens on the field.
My Babe Ruth moment ...Buffs win in Waco.

That’s pretty much where I’m at. P12 or B12, I don’t care where CU is at but as long as Folsom Field is rocking, Ralphie is excited in the pen, and CU wins the game, it will bring a smile to my face for the upcoming week.

My wife is a gen X & I'm a boomer...we agree CU will win 7 this year, whatever attention is paid to the Buffs good/bad we can live with.
The haters< won't make any difference what happens on the field.
My Babe Ruth moment ...Buffs win in Waco.
I remember the feeling I had the first time I crested the hill on Hwy 36 and saw the Flatirons. I hadn't had a view stir me like that since the time I saw Waco in my rear view mirror.

Yeah what a great move by CU.
so this kind of data being shared is not an accident. between this narrative (we lost money and we are done losing money) coupled with the dodds piece and the rg interview lead me to conclude there is smoke.

it might not pan out or the pac might pull a rabbit out of its hat or the acc and pac could really change the landscape... but, this is the kind of advance leaking that gets done when you want to presell an outcome. i speak from experience on that point.

Yeah what a great move by CU.
Let me walk you through what would have happened had we stayed.

1 - CU makes the exact same HC hires and becomes a national embarrassment

2 - Utah joins the P12 and we kick ourselves for not joining with them because they make winning look easy

3 - CU ends up with a bit more money which we would have squandered anyway

so this kind of data being shared is not an accident. between this narrative (we lost money and we are done losing money) coupled with the dodds piece and the rg interview lead me to conclude there is smoke.

it might not pan out or the pac might pull a rabbit out of its hat or the acc and pac could really change the landscape... but, this is the kind of advance leaking that gets done when you want to presell an outcome. i speak from experience on that point.
It does feel like an advance leak. Hate to say it but it’s true. I never would have guessed we’d be in the exact same position w/ Dorrell headed into a 1-11 season in June 2022 as we are with Prime and soon to be #1 in the ratings in June 2023. How is that even possible?? We’ve made no substantial movement that entire time?

I’ll also add that RG doesn’t seem up for any creative, out of the box solutions like a merger. I saw his interview with Howell. He has one foot out the door to retirement. Maybe it was a bad day but he alluded to being done with it all numerous times. The last thing we need is him steering the ship in generational decisions like this.

Let me walk you through what would have happened had we stayed.

1 - CU makes the exact same HC hires and becomes a national embarrassment

2 - Utah joins the P12 and we kick ourselves for not joining with them because they make winning look easy

3 - CU ends up with a bit more money which we would have squandered anyway
Lol this reads like something Surveyor would write.

Last edited:

Oh I don't think there's any doubt of the smoke. I think CUs a Big 12 member by the start of this football season.

It does feel like an advance leak. Hate to say it but it’s true. I never would have guessed we’d be in the exact same position w/ Dorrell headed into a 1-11 season in June 2022 as we are with Prime and soon to be #1 in the ratings in June 2023. How is that even possible?? We’ve made no substantial movement that entire time?
I've been forecasting a BIG12 move for how long now?

So many clues have been sitting out there staring us in the face.
CU hasn't left yet but it will take a miracle for them to stay.

I’ll also add that RG doesn’t seem up for any creative, out of the box solutions like a merger. I saw his interview with Howell. He has one foot out the door to retirement. Maybe it was a bad day but he alluded to being done with it all numerous times. The last thing we need is him steering the ship in generational decisions like this.
If there is on thing RG has proven, it's that he could never pull off an out of the box home run on a major decision!

I’d be more excited to go back to the big 12 if Mizzou, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Oklahoma were still there. Fun to play the old big 8 teams again like Iowa state, KU, Kansas State, OK State.

I'd totally go back to the Big 8. But that's not a choice. I'd consider the original Big 12. But that isn't a choice either. The current Big 12 is a hodgepodge of meh and vomit. It's like Aggie and KSU f*cked and had a bunch of dumb and ugly kids. Then Aggie somehow left for the SEC.

The coping by some members about joining the B12. They don’t want it to happen so bad they are denying any sources that say talks are happening. The cloud of smoke above us in colorado wouldn’t convince them there’s wildfires west. A “wild prediction” they would say. And no, I’m not sure I want it to happen either. But I’m not gonna ignore the smoke

The coping by some members about joining the B12. They don’t want it to happen so bad they are denying any sources that say talks are happening. The cloud of smoke above us in colorado wouldn’t convince them there’s wildfires west. A “wild prediction” they would say. And no, I’m not sure I want it to happen either. But I’m not gonna ignore the smoke

I do not think anyone is denying it os a possibility.

I'd totally go back to the Big 8. But that's not a choice. I'd consider the original Big 12. But that isn't a choice either. The current Big 12 is a hodgepodge of meh and vomit. It's like Aggie and KSU f*cked and had a bunch of dumb and ugly kids. Then Aggie somehow left for the SEC.
Fair. They have a TV deal, and this league does not. I have zero issue with the stance CU seems to be taking here. We're done waiting for the Pac 12 to get it together, and we're going to put our football program in the best spot possible to get a super conference invite.

That process starts with rejoining the Big 12.

Funny analogy there and I think a small resemblance of the old Big 8 could occur in this case if the other Four Corners schools follow us to the Big 12. UA, ASU, Utah, BYU, KU, KSU, OSU, ISU, and TT might do it but it’s ultimately going to be hard to replace what the Big 8 was. We have inroads into Texas, Ohio, Florida, and potentially Pennsylvania (via WVU).

The recruiting grounds of the Big 12 with the 4C schools look a lot more appealing than a P12 with SDSU & SMU.

For as much as I wanted CU to stay in the P12, I’m just seeing the Big 12 as a better option if the 4C schools follow CU there.

I’m ready for the BIG to swoop in and snag CU right out from under the Big12 before we can make that move.
Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

If there is on thing RG has proven, it's that he could never pull off an out of the box home run on a major decision!
Hold on, RG approved the Mac extension and Dorrell. 😂 So that means he’s going to f up 2 conference moves and then he’ll get it right. Idk how Tuck fits in to this analogy.

So this next conference move is like the Mac extension. Should go great.

Hold on, RG approved the Mac extension and Dorrell. 😂 So that means he’s going to f up 2 conference moves and then he’ll get it right. Idk how Tuck fits in to this analogy.

So this next conference move is like the Mac extension. Should go great.
Bohn was CU’s AD when CU moved to the Pac 12.

We also spent the past year coming to the realization PD boxed RG into a corner with orders that said “Don’t exceed your budget and keep the players out of the tabloids. I don’t care about on filed results”.

Besides Tuck and Prime, he also orchestrated the fund raising and building of the Champions Center.

But please, continue. Outside of those points, you are nailing this.

Back