What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

It seems to me, you are either B1G or SEC, everything else is just scrambling for a bigger table scrap. The B12 is an island of misfit toys, but has some cash. The P12-2 has some cache left, not much, but cannot get two nickels to rub together for their media rights. The ACC is a ship whose crew is looking to jump while slicing each other's throats to get a lifeboat to take them to the SEC or B1G. CFB is a mess.

Oregon
Washington
Utah
Oregon State
Arizona State
Arizona
wsu has its feelings hurt now. stanford and cal are arching their eyebrows at you with some disdain.

i do wonder if we are also getting worked by some combination of the above-- they may be working together against our interests... there are longer regional and historical ties among many of them.

usc ****ed this conference over like someone kicked its dog and slapt with it gf.

It seems to me, you are either B1G or SEC, everything else is just scrambling for a bigger table scrap. The B12 is an island of misfit toys, but has some cash. The P12-2 has some cache left, not much, but cannot get two nickels to rub together for their media rights. The ACC is a ship whose crew is looking to jump while slicing each other's throats to get a lifeboat to take them to the SEC or B1G. CFB is a mess.
The P5 was the upper class
The G5 was the lower class

Now the P2 are the elites
Former P3 are now the middle class
G5 still the lower class starting in 2024-25.

How big of a shoe will BYU throw about Utah getting invited too?
giphy.gif

You keep moving the goal posts.
Kind of a fair question though, right? Oregon and Washington are gone the second they get the call (which, depending on the day is in a few months or a few years). Do you want to stay with the PAC making say $10 million less than you could every year with Oregon and Washington no longer in the conference? That’s why the 4 corners schools are considering the move. All of the options suck right now.

RESOLVED that the Board of Regents go into executive session. As permitted by section 24-6-402 (3), Colorado Revised Statutes, the board will discuss the following matter as announced and pursuant to the subsection as listed below:
- (a)(II), Legal advice on a specific matter - athletics matter at CU Boulder
- (b)(I), Personnel matter at CU System - personnel discussion

images

Is this about a future in the BIG12 or is GK pulling a rabbit out of his ass ?
"
Personnel matter at CU System - personnel discussion"

Phil DiS. resigning ?!?!??

Last edited:
The Pac is the better conference roster. Unfortunately it also had the worst management. It got outmaneuvered.

We can all argue who makes the best burrito too, but the fact is that Chipotle has the distribution channel.
But Illegal Pete's is like Prime, it has a clear idea on how to be great, and it just needed better ingredients.

Chipotle sucks nowadays

Fwiw, I suspect the Big 12 might see more value in CU-UA-SDSU-UConn than with CU-UA-ASU-Utah. Doesn't duplicate markets while delivering significant new assets.
I still think if the Big 12 can pry CU and Arizona, they're likely getting every marketable property the Pac 12 has left.

I think the pac has the best overall program (Utah) and I think Washington and Oregon are larger brands than anything in the big 12. I think there are benefits to being associated with those programs.
I'm willing to call their Big 10 bluff at this point. They're not getting into that league.

I’ll rephrase: If the 4C schools leave for the Big 12, what is appealing about the Pac?

“Oregon, Oregon State, Washington”

Got it

self-high.gif
UO, UW, Cal and Stanford would be jammed. Maybe. Would they link up with the ACC? I could see networks brokering a lifeline for them and not backfilling the P12 w/ G5s. P12 would be done imho.

Before I know whether to wish death upon you or not, I have one important question:

Illegal Pete's has 13 locations - is it a corporate chain?
I don’t consider it one simply because it’s still small enough for the locations to be slightly different tasting/experiences.

I’m really just saying Chip >>>>>>> Qdoba, which might be the worst **** out there. The McDonaldsification of what used to be a respectable fast casual burrito joint.

What, athletically, about the Pac is appealing to be associated with at this point? Serious question.

The worst schools in the Pac12 are comparable to the best schools in the BigXII in terms of brand (I look forward to prople telling me f*ck Baylor is a great brand they are excited to share sweat spit and blood with). That means the best schools left in the Pac 12 are far better then the best of the BigXII.

I yawn at every matchup in the BigXII. I look forward to playing UDub and Oregon. And those guys from Utah always seem to have our number.

I have friends and coworkers that are alums of Pac12 schools. I know very few alums from BigXII..

Texas sucks and is populated with selfish assholes that ski in jeans. **** that place.

Make sense?

The worst schools in the Pac12 are comparable to the best schools in the BigXII. That means the best schools in the Pac 12 are far better then the best of the BigXII.

I yawn at every matchup in the BigXII. I look forward to playing UDub and Oregon. And those guys from Utah always seem to have our number.

I have friends and coworkers that are alums of Pac12 schools. I know very few alums from BigXII..

Texas sucks and is populated with selfish assholes that ski in jeans. **** that place.

Make sense?
So, you are against joining the B12?

At the least, CU is playing hardball with the Pac. Significant leverage created by making it clear that the Pac media deal needs to be very competitive and that no unequal distributions of revenue will be acceptable other than earning a weighted share for your own postseason participation/ performance.

If we were going to the TS12, and it was a done deal, we’d be gone by now. Too much time has passed. Why prolong this? There must be a really good reason it hasnt happened. 🤔

If we were going to the TS12, and it was a done deal, we’d be gone by now. Too much time has passed. Why prolong this? There must be a really good reason it hasnt happened. 🤔
Because then the PAC completely implodes.
The schools remaining have given GK every possible chance to make magic, and we are just heading towards the point where there is no rabbit in the hat, and we got such a good thing going that we cannot let it slip.
The BIG12 is not our friends, nor should we care if they are.
Playing in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Florida are all good things for Prime's recruiting chops
Ride the carpet, who cares

Because then the PAC completely implodes.
The schools remaining have given GK every possible chance to make magic, and we are just heading towards the point where there is no rabbit in the hat, and we got such a good thing going that we cannot let it slip.
The BIG12 is not our friends, nor should we care if they are.
Playing in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Florida are all good things for Prime's recruiting chops
Ride the carpet, who cares
I dont think it does implode. Especially if were the only school that leaves.
We don't know whats holding up the deal. We only know that there have been talks. If we have a deal with Apple and its been kept secret we probably find out this week. A lessor deal for a short period like 5 years but less money could be a chance to make some noise.
Those back stabbing bitches are def not our friends
Prime has already proven that he doesnt need those states to recruit.

Back