What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

LOL, I think they are like 25 years old, I have to do some shopping.
these are LOUIS of our new conferrence:

i figure i will pair a pair of these with some king baby jewelry, a vivian westwood blazer, and an LV man-purse.

they are going to LOVE me in waco.

If this does go down, RG is going to have to make some calls ASAP re: scheduling. CU has 6 non-conference games against Big12 opponents that he’ll need to reschedule:
2025 Houston
2026 Houston
2027 KSU
2028 KSU
2036 OSU
2037 OSU

I think that trying to build an athletics conference in the 2020s with members and policies which satisfy Stanford's vision for its university and affiliations is something for which just about everyone in the Pac-12 became very frustrated.

Funny thing is, if it breaks apart then Stanford will go independent for football and park its other sports in the WCC. They'll be just fine. It's everyone else who is fvcked.

I won't be surprised at all if there's a mass exodus to the Big 12, others look AAC or MWC (either leaving for those conferences or poaching members into a new Pac or rebrand which Stanford would not want to be part of).

I'm not forgetting about Cal in this. They've got bills to pay. My enthusiasm for a Big 16 as earlier described is even higher if it's a Big 18 which added Cal & SDSU in addition to CU, UA, UO & UW.
Interesting idea. Involving some of the west coast schools would ameliate the presumed CU concern about us West Coast alumns, potential students and fund raising.

For all of you who doubted me.....

200w.gif

TCU, T Tech, OSU and KSU will be formidable football opponents early on. BYU is no slouch either. This will be interesting. West coast CU alums can come to Boulder for live Buff fixes. The danger of remaining and getting into a financial pickle was real. A tip of the hat to ITB for his resilience and research.
oh good... so now we have to deal with byu fans pretending to be utah fans pretending to be BYU Fans...

these are LOUIS of our new conferrence:

i figure i will pair a pair of these with some king baby jewelry, a vivian westwood blazer, and an LV man-purse.

they are going to LOVE me in waco.
Luchesse is pretty sweet Dan Post and Tony Lama aren't bad either. My Tony Lama's predate the acquisition by Justin boots, so I am kind of partial to them. If I could get anything, I'd probably snag some Lucchese Elgin Ostrich boots. They used to make an eel boot back in the day, but I don't think those are available anymore.

I have no idea what Cal does. I still collaborate with my colleagues at Cal and Stanford on some research projects. People at Cal have been more open to a Big XII move and more proactive in thinking out the options. Colleagues at Stanford have been 100% in denial that anything was going to happen to the PAC. Some of these people have connections to higher-ups in the athletics depts at both schools, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. All just FWIW.
My first thought when I saw the "another school, not 4 corner" was actually Cal.

There's actually some amount of practicality at bezerkly that surprises a lot of folks who view the university through a partisan political lens. But you simply don't become one of the best research universities in the world by ignoring, you know, the "real world."

Plus, once CU is out, they are realistic enough to know that the pac can't survive without one of the CA "state" schools joining, and, god bless their west coast ignorance, but they figured they'd rather slum with KjSU and oakie lite than the likes of SDSU.

"If CU can handle slumming in those circles, then we could too..."

Good points:
- easier road trips for me for some games, don't even have to leave time zone for a few.
- really easy, almost shooting fish in a barrel easy, trash talking opportunities. Not only do we have better academics, we have a bigger football trophy case than the rest of the conference combined.
- better game times.
- better recruiting opportunities.

Negatives:
- have to deal with a bunch of mouth breathing idots.
- while the roadies are closer, there's not really a good destination to be had among them.
- our path to the playoff will be arguably easier than in the pac.
I would easily be able to make trips to Morgantown and Cincinnati.

For all of you who doubted me.....

200w.gif
I don't think anyone doubted that a move to the Big 12 was on the table and serious discussions had been had.

Several of us heard directly that it was happening and had been internally announced to coaches and key boosters.

But that was a month and a half ago, so the assumption was that CU slowed its roll and was giving the Pac-12 ample opportunity to step up.

With no deal able to be put on the table for CU to compare its options - despite demanding one and giving a ton of time to deliver - patience ended (as it should have).

So, what we really criticized you for:

It was how you were presenting stuff as gospel which was from sources who know less about what was happening at CU than many of the people here, much of it was speculation which missed the mark or was obvious media manipulation story drops as we've seen from Baylor and others in the past, and beyond that the fact that you seemed way too "rah rah" about one potential way this could unfold despite a lack of credible numbers on what a Pac offer might look like.

I don't think anyone doubted that a move to the Big 12 was on the table and serious discussions had been had.

Several of us heard directly that it was happening and had been internally announced to coaches and key boosters.

But that was a month and a half ago, so the assumption was that CU slowed its roll and was giving the Pac-12 ample opportunity to step up.

With no deal able to be put on the table for CU to compare its options - despite demanding one and giving a ton of time to deliver - patience ended (as it should have).

It was how you were presenting stuff as gospel which was from sources who know less about what was happening at CU than many of the people here, much of it was speculation which missed the mark or was obvious media manipulation story drops as we've seen from Baylor and others in the past, and beyond that the fact that you seemed way too "rah rah" about one potential way this could unfold despite a lack of credible numbers on what a Pac offer might look like.
So, in other words, tone.

The Office Yes GIF

My first thought when I saw the "another school, not 4 corner" was actually Cal.

There's actually some amount of practicality at bezerkly that surprises a lot of folks who view the university through a partisan political lens. But you simply don't become one of the best research universities in the world by ignoring, you know, the "real world."

Plus, once CU is out, they are realistic enough to know that the pac can't survive without one of the CA "state" schools joining, and, god bless their west coast ignorance, but they figured they'd rather slum with KjSU and oakie lite than the likes of SDSU.

"If CU can handle slumming in those circles, then we could too..."
i would be ok with cal.

it would be better than wsu or osu.

if the b12 does poach all the 4 corners and/or uw and uo, then i think we are clearly doing the right thing, just doing it first.

Back