What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

If Fox wants ASU, it will get ASU. Still not worried about ASU. They will get an invite from the ACC.
tyler labine what GIF by HULU

FSU drops 300MM to leave the ACC and just ends up in the B12 and gets smoked by Prime’s Buffs in year 1

That would be beautiful
The radio guys said they watched the FSU BOT meeting and it came across like a bunch of deranged old men who aren’t operating in reality and just trying to tell people (ACC and Networks) to pay them more or else.

I was listening to ESPN radio a little bit ago and the two guys on it were talking about how they don’t think FSU is very in demand by the SEC and certainly not by the B1G.

That seems crazy to me as they are one of only a few programs that have a Natty in the CFP era, along with blue blood type history. But it was national guys saying it, no uninformed locals

But who was it on ESPN radio that was saying this? Because if it's anything like Fox Sports radio some of their hosts don't know squat about CFB.

FSU drops 300MM to leave the ACC and just ends up in the B12 and gets smoked by Prime’s Buffs in year 1

That would be beautiful
They aren't leaving the ACC without a guarantee from the B1G. The fact that they are bitching about Florida and ESPN tells me they aren't going to the SEC.

It's not wide open. It's Washington. Then it's between Oregon and Stanford and Stanford got more supporters in the room than Oregon. If Oregon doesn't get the invite, Oregon State and Washington State will be the happiest teams. Gonzaga too but Gonzaga has interest from the Big XII as well

It's not wide open. It's Washington. Then it's between Oregon and Stanford and Stanford got more supporters in the room than Oregon. If Oregon doesn't get the invite, Oregon State and Washington State will be the happiest teams. Gonzaga too but Gonzaga has interest from the Big XII as well
How do you figure on Gonzaga?

The radio guys said they watched the FSU BOT meeting and it came across like a bunch of deranged old men who aren’t operating in reality and just trying to tell people (ACC and Networks) to pay them more or else.
Those radio guys aren't being honest. FSU is very in demand. 2nd to only Notre Dame of the currently available schools and ND really isn't available.

I have a hard time believing the B1G isn't interested in FSU, despite them not being AAU. The B1G wants to get into Florida.

What next round of realignment? There aren't going to be any chairs left in the next couple of weeks that don't have Notre Dame or Clemson's name on it.
Certainly, no B1G/SEC invite for us this week.

If we get back to winning ways, we will have a seat at the big boy table in 2030 during the next round of realignment. CU has always punched over our weight. In 2030 we aren’t competing against OSU, Alabama, but rather the Indianas and MS States.

Win and we are fine, 1-11’s and 3-9’s and we are forever at the kids table

Those radio guys aren't being honest. FSU is very in demand. 2nd to only Notre Dame of the currently available schools and ND really isn't available.
Yep. Notre Dame is an island as long as there's an NBC willing to pay them $60M a year for its home game broadcast rights (more than double what the entire MWC gets). The question is whether it will still go that high. Last contract was less than half that.

The thing is its all about marquee matchups that drive high ratings. Ohio St v Oregon. Michigan v Washington. Penn St v USC. Etc. People will tune in for those matchups. I think Fox would pay to have some more of those.

There are also apparently a lot of Big Ten alums in California….

Like CU these schools get students and have alums from Cali.
It's about profits to fox, or if they are being conscious of their shareholders it should be. They are a business. Will paying a school 40 million when they can get their inventory for 20 million, make them more profit with different matchups when they already have the league's marquee matchups locked up? Maybe I'm wrong, and I get it from a football perspective, but from a purely fiscal sense, it just doesn't make sense.

We know(rumors) that ESPN, fox, and even nbc turned down the PAC for anything better(or even worse money but linear) than the apple deal.

I can't see a CEO just greenlighting hundreds of millions of more dollars in spending, when you can get the product for much cheaper AND you have probably enough of the product already.

But I guess we will see.

Yep. Notre Dame is an island as long as there's an NBC willing to pay them $60M a year for its home game broadcast rights (more than double what the entire MWC gets). The question is whether it will still go that high. Last contract was less than half that.
ND gets full shares from the ACC on away games. That's how you know they are extremely valuable.

Big XII still wants to add them for Basketball but it would make more sense with the ACC as they could have travel partners.
That would worry me. Not a fan of the model when there's no football future and we're talking about a tiny school in Spokane that may become irrelevant again after Few retires.

If we're going down the basketball path, I'd be much more intrigued by UConn & UNLV as non-football with some sort of fb scheduling alliance and a path to football membership in the future.

That would worry me. Not a fan of the model when there's no football future and we're talking about a tiny school in Spokane that may become irrelevant again after Few retires.

If we're going down the basketball path, I'd be much more intrigued by UConn & UNLV as non-football with some sort of fb scheduling alliance and a path to football membership in the future.
UConn isn't going nowhere without an all sports deal. Big East exit fee is 30 mil. UNLV is 34. Gonzaga is the best bet for non-football only adds.

The FSU hate is delusional at best. That's a more valuable brand than Washington which is a lock at this point
It isn’t hate. First they are so far off from the academics of the big and it isn’t even close. 2nd if they do grab anymore pac teams they will say they were rescuers. If they plunder an acc team not close to them in any way and it exponentially increases their risks. Third I agree uw is the best fit among those left in the pac for the big.

UConn isn't going nowhere without an all sports deal. Big East exit fee is 30 mil. UNLV is 34. Gonzaga is the best bet for non-football only adds.
That can't be right on the Big East. Conference media deal only goes through 2024-25 and pays $4.6M per year. No way it costs $30M (over 6 years of team revenue) to leave a year early.

The thread topic is "talking out of your asses"

It is becoming DEAD ON.

Whatever you thought about a team's history DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE. It literally doesn't matter that FSU was a championship level program. It doesn't matter that we sucked for 19/20 years. It doesn't matter that Arizona never won a conference championship game.

What matters is how the media company perceives your value.

I have read some ridiculous posts the past few pages.

That can't be right on the Big East. Conference media deal only goes through 2024-25 and pays $4.6M per year. No way it costs $30M (over 6 years of team revenue) to leave a year early.
That's their exit fee. Crazy huh. The Mountain West get about 4mil and their exit fee is 34 million

Back