What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU In-State Recruiting 2019

Definitely need to add Hollingsworth. Opened the staff's eyes at a recent workout.
1. When did they put that ugly St Vrain logo on Everly Montgomery field?
2. Had a great game against Windsor, which was the third best team they saw last year.
3. Not so great against the top two teams Skyline faced.
4. Skyline's uniforms are still ugly as all get out.
5. Level of competition makes it really hard to evaluate this guy.

1. When did they put that ugly St Vrain logo on Everly Montgomery field?
2. Had a great game against Windsor, which was the third best team they saw last year.
3. Not so great against the top two teams Skyline faced.
4. Skyline's uniforms are still ugly as all get out.
5. Level of competition makes it really hard to evaluate this guy.
All true.
As for #3, his OL likely was overmatched and we've seen RBs unable to do anything when that's the case.

247 updated their in-state rankings today. Some movement at the top.
1. Barrett Miller
2. Luke McCaffery
3. Ty Evans
4. Isaac Townsend

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=CO

giphy.gif

If the Academy is the right fit for him it will be a great experience and he will come out with a valuable degree and a career waiting.

Not a bad deal

What is known about Kain Medrano (sp?)? Looks like he went out to a UCLA camp a couple weeks ago and picked up an offer.

What is known about Kain Medrano (sp?)? Looks like he went out to a UCLA camp a couple weeks ago and picked up an offer.

Committed to them today as a WR. Also camped at CU, Utah, and Boise State without getting an offer.

I watched his highlights, not sure he stands out that much against poor competition.

Committed to them today as a WR. Also camped at CU, Utah, and Boise State without getting an offer.

I watched his highlights, not sure he stands out that much against poor competition.
Looks more like a flex TE in Chip Kelly's offense. Good for the kid, but concur with all of above. Good story though being from Pueblo.

What’s the relationship like these days between Matt McChesney/Six Zero Strength and the current coaching staff? Asking for a friend.

I'm definitely surprised at Wyoming not getting in, but not CSU. Rumor is their recruiting system/analysis is a trainwreck these days.
CSU didn't offer Wingard from RV, either. I pounded the table for CU to offer him, and I understand there just wasn't enough room for him (CU did offer a PWO), but CSU should have been all over a kid of his caliber, and I'm so happy to see him tearing it up in Laramie rather than Fort Collins.

What’s the relationship like these days between Matt McChesney/Six Zero Strength and the current coaching staff? Asking for a friend.

I'm confident that McChesney still loves CU football, and is on just fine terms with the staff. I can't say that they're all best of friends, but I do not think that they're enemies. Even if Chez and the staff were on great, friendly terms, I doubt he would in any way try to sway kids towards CU. Just like if he hated the staff, he wouldn't sway them away from CU. His pride in having played for CU is pretty palpable, and beyond that positivity, I think he stays professional in kids' recruitments. He's not going to violate NCAA guidelines. I imagine the staff not offering Nugent is frustrating for him, but what can he do?

It seems to me that all McChesney wants is as many offers as possible for his kids so he can sell it to parents to let their kids train with him, and for the benefit of the kids.

Back