What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU In-State Recruiting 2019

The top 16 prospects as rated by 247 in Arizona, signed with out of state schools.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas, Washington, Cal, BYU, USC, Utah.....

Herb has a great class, certainly didn't prioritize a lot of them. Cal came into Arizona and signed 5 or more players. This makes good headlines I suppose.

I know we all hate Nebraska so we're geared towards having a pretty negative view of them... but why do they recruit so well? They play in a boring town in the middle of nowhere. Am I missing the appeal of buck toothed, corn fed country girls?

I know we all hate Nebraska so we're geared towards having a pretty negative view of them... but why do they recruit so well? They play in a boring town in the middle of nowhere. Am I missing the appeal of buck toothed, corn fed country girls?

They recruit well because when you are a Husker you are a god in Nebraska. They sell out the spring game. I think most of them don't realize that once football season is over Lincoln is a dead city. Nothing to do. Probably one of the reasons Calibraska was an absolute flop.

They recruit well because when you are a Husker you are a god in Nebraska. They sell out the spring game. I think most of them don't realize that once football season is over Lincoln is a dead city. Nothing to do. Probably one of the reasons Calibraska was an absolute flop.

Yeah, that's true. They were talking about that somewhat on the broadcast of our game with them this season. How some kid transferred and on his first day in Lincoln someone recognized him at a restaurant like he was a big celebrity.

There's not a whole lot going on in Lincoln, so I guess they latch on pretty hard.

200.gif

Like most cults, they have charismatic representatives who sell a vision and are surrounded by loyal sycophants who will do whatever it takes to maintain the facade. This is so systemic and generational that the people involved don’t even realize it anymore. Jim Jones would be in awe. All you have to do is to look at the Fusker fans who follow and tweet at recruits on twitter.

Like most cults, they have charismatic representatives who sell a vision and are surrounded by loyal sycophants who will do whatever it takes to maintain the facade. This is so systemic and generational that the people involved don’t even realize it anymore. Jim Jones would be in awe. All you have to do is to look at the Fusker fans who follow and tweet at recruits on twitter.
One of their charisma coaches:
jonestown_jones_04.jpg__300x369_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Looks like Luc Andrada signed LOI with BYU as a RB/WR.

Andrada received preferred walk-on offers from in-state schools Colorado and Colorado State. He was also recruited by Division 1 programs in track & field. At BYU, Andrada will play football along with participating in track and field.

Looks like Luc Andrada signed LOI with BYU as a RB/WR.

Andrada received preferred walk-on offers from in-state schools Colorado and Colorado State. He was also recruited by Division 1 programs in track & field. At BYU, Andrada will play football along with participating in track and field.
BYU has a long history of listing these kids as track athletes first and only giving them partial scholarships.

Plus, I believe that you are barred from any sort of participation in football until your second year on campus. So you couldn't bring someone in on a t&f scholarship while redshirting him to go through the s&c program, practice and do scout team for your football team for a year.

Plus, I believe that you are barred from any sort of participation in football until your second year on campus. So you couldn't bring someone in on a t&f scholarship while redshirting him to go through the s&c program, practice and do scout team for your football team for a year.
Yep

Any participation would result in them being counted as a football scholarship.

Personal note, he is a good kid. Lives in my neighborhood and seen him at the park a few times with my daughters while he was taking his little sisters there to play.

That's my old neighborhood. I lived across McAlester from the East High practice fields as a kid about 100 years ago.

That's my old neighborhood. I lived across McAlester from the East High practice fields as a kid about 100 years ago.
Pretty close to where my wife grew up, she lived on Dick Trefz. We've moved around Southern Colorado alot (I'm a nomad) but ended up back in her old neighborhood a few years back. We're just north of where you describe. small world

Pretty close to where my wife grew up, she lived on Dick Trefz. We've moved around Southern Colorado alot (I'm a nomad) but ended up back in her old neighborhood a few years back. We're just north of where you describe. small world
I lived on MacKenzie, few blocks from there.

Just an update on Luc Andrada winning four state track titles recently and nearly breaking the state record in the 100 meter.

100-meter dash crown with a time of 10.51 seconds and clocked in at 21.21 in the 200 to win his first title in the race.

Just for perspective: Davion Taylor's top 100-meter time was 10.51 while at CU, which was the fastest recorded time at CU in five years.​

I spoke to Luc recently and he said that BYU plans for him to be a Wide-Receiver with some flex options (probably sweeps and motions), while he also pursues track there.

Back