What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU In-State Recruiting 2019

Just an observation...There are currently thirteen 2019 recruits from Colorado with power conference offers and CU has only offered five of them.

Just an observation...There are currently thirteen 2019 recruits from Colorado with power conference offers and CU has only offered five of them.

Seems like a weird year. Only a few prospects where there seems to be a consensus.

Thirteen seems like an extremely high number.

Seems like a weird year. Only a few prospects where there seems to be a consensus.

Thirteen seems like an extremely high number.
I wouldn't have thought it was that high. Adam just did his pre spring evaluation Top 10 and I don't think every one of them had a P5 offer - 8 or 9 did, though. That's a lot for CO this early.

Very strange that CU doesn’t think he’s a guy that fits what they’re looking for on defense.

Also, :rolleyes: (yes, this was from a few months ago)

McCarty is a clown who thinks that the top five kids each year in Colorado should have CU offers but go elsewhere and that CU should take the next 10-15.

Over the years he has criticized CU multiple times for not taking kids who ended up as average players at the MWC level.

Alec Pell from Cherry Creek committed to Boise State. Not sure if they recruited him for offense or defense. I thought he had potential as an H-Back.

Good for Alex, nice to see all these prospects from CO going to big name schools.
Yep. And this is equivalent news to McCaffrey choosing Michigan. Two in-state QBs who CU did not offer to play QB and went to P5 programs in the Big Ten while CU signed another in-state QB who made the Elite 11 Finals and AA Game roster at QB.

Yep. And this is equivalent news to McCaffrey choosing Michigan. Two in-state QBs who CU did not offer to play QB and went to P5 programs in the Big Ten while CU signed another in-state QB who made the Elite 11 Finals and AA Game roster at QB.
Has Colorado High School football matured to the point that we could get away with signing the top in state prep QB each year and be successful? It feels that way right now between Blake, Ty, and what's unfolding for 2020.

Has Colorado High School football matured to the point that we could get away with signing the top in state prep QB each year and be successful? It feels that way right now between Blake, Ty, and what's unfolding for 2020.
I think Colorado is getting to the point where it's consistently putting out P5 level QBs and OL. I'd much rather them go Colorado heavy on OL going forward than QB, though.

Not totally buying the QB hype just yet. I would still be looking to California whenever possible.

Not totally buying the QB hype just yet. I would still be looking to California whenever possible.

When you have the right guy in Colorado take him but the California kids and the Texas kids talent being equal will normally be more ready to play.

The top leagues in California and Texas have more talent in one league than Colorado has in the entire state. Those QBs have been throwing against better coached and much more talented DBs their entire HS careers. They are just used to smaller windows and faster reactions.

Now that 7 on 7 has become so big the difference is even greater.

When you have the right guy in Colorado take him but the California kids and the Texas kids talent being equal will normally be more ready to play.

The top leagues in California and Texas have more talent in one league than Colorado has in the entire state. Those QBs have been throwing against better coached and much more talented DBs their entire HS careers. They are just used to smaller windows and faster reactions.

Now that 7 on 7 has become so big the difference is even greater.

Ehh, debatable.

Ehh, debatable.

Go ahead, debate it. Tell me how throwing against defenses with multiple D1 talents in California or Texas isn't an advantage over throwing against a typical Colorado HS defense with none.

Doesn't mean that the Colorado kid can't become an outstanding college player but better competition tends to step up the level of play.

If the a Colorado QBs team is winning on a national level with there 7 x 7 team, would you say they are playing better personal. What is that worth?

Nothing. 7v7 doesn’t mean **** and anybody who tries to tell you that it does doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
In general I agree that kids facing better competition will be better players. We are just in a streak where colorado is producing some very talented QB's that many D1 programs would want. Get em while they last.

Nothing. 7v7 doesn’t mean **** and anybody who tries to tell you that it does doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
It hadn't been around long when I played in 7on7. It got bigger every year but we just looked at it like the street ball game we played in front of my house every Sunday. Cool thing was, we got to compete against peckerwoods we didn't like from district and other parts of the state, made it fun.

Back