What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

well we broke Miami and CSU is showing their true colors of being overhyped, but all the doom and gloom around the FSU loss is proving to not be nearly that bad

still, that ****ing Cal loss could be what keeps us out
The last 3+ weeks Cal has been competitive with everyone, they seem on a solid upward trajectory in Madsen's first year.

Given his personality, I could definitely see the roster and locker room going through a bit of hell as they sort out who fits in the culture he's trying create.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they finish right in the middle of the conference standings and slide a bit upwards in NET. It's currently a quad 2 loss.

Bracketology at this time for most prognosticators do a terrible job at looking at injury issues during stretches of the season, which is data the committee actually does use. I don't know where a bunch of other bubble type teams are regarding injuries, but we should be looked at in a positive light for some of our recent loss results with an injury lens.

The last 3+ weeks Cal has been competitive with everyone, they seem on a solid upward trajectory in Madsen's first year.

Given his personality, I could definitely see the roster and locker room going through a bit of hell as they sort out who fits in the culture he's trying create.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they finish right in the middle of the conference standings and slide a bit upwards in NET. It's currently a quad 2 loss.

Its a 3 as of now, but Cal's NET is 136. What the NET considers a quad 3 road loss is anybody ranked between 136-240. I agree with you on Cal-I think they'll get a win or two they can build on before they join the ACC. We really don't have a bad loss-our problem is we don't have a win that catches one's eye right now. Miami's a quad 2, but they have a ton of opportunities coming up. We need them to get hot. We have chances coming up at home in February-Arizona's here, and Utah will be too. We have a shot at what could be two quad 1 wins this week in Washington.

Last edited:

Its a 3, but Cal's NET is 136. What the NET considers a quad 3 road loss is anybody between 136-240. I agree-I think they'll get a win or two they can build on before they join the ACC. We really don't have a bad loss-our problem is we don't have a win that catches one's eye right now. Miami's a quad 2, but they have a ton of opportunities coming up. We need them to get hot. We have chances coming up at home in February-Arizona's here, and Utah will be too. Beating Washington State in Pullman would be a Quad 1.
Exactly. 4 of our next 5 games are Quad 1. The opportunities are there.

Its a 3, but Cal's NET is 136. What the NET considers a quad 3 road loss is anybody between 136-240. I agree-I think they'll get a win or two they can build on before they join the ACC. We really don't have a bad loss-our problem is we don't have a win that catches one's eye right now. Miami's a quad 2, but they have a ton of opportunities coming up. We need them to get hot. We have chances coming up at home in February-Arizona's here, and Utah will be too. Beating Washington State in Pullman would be a Quad 1.
It was a Q2 when I posted, point is that Cal isn't as horrible as everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Last night caused our Buffs to jump from #35 to #26 on NET.

It's a Quad 2 win, because UW slipped from #74 to #81.

Wazzu moved to #45 (from #57) with the blowout of Utah, which dropped to #31 from #24.

Next 2 road games will definitely be Q1 games, regardless of the UW-Utah result. Root for UW since that probably gets them back to the top 75.

Of note, Buffs also moved up to #21 on KenPom.

Lunardi jumped us to his last 4 byes as a 10-seed this morning. Fwiw.
hold serve at home, and split remaining road games and we will do better than that. Probably gonna **** it up though. This team can't play two halves of good D, especially when the 3s stop falling.

Fun updates from OOC

Towson - won 5 of last 6. Is 12-8 and 5-2 in conference tied for second in conference and just beat the best team in the conference Drexel.

Richmond- 14-5 won 9 straight, tied with Dayton in conference- plays Dayton tomorrow at 5 at home- Need the spiders to pull this out. Would really raise their profile while knocking down someone ahead of us.

UNC is 11-8 and 3rd in Big Sky

If those 3 continue to raise profile in conference that would help!

FSU up 41-36 vs #3 UNC at halftime.

Would be a great win for CU's SOS. FSU comes in at #82 NET, so them getting to 50 or better with a strong close to the season turns that loss into a Quad 1.

Also, Miami (#63) is up 40-29 on Pitt (#66), so if they can finish them off it gets closer to be a Quad 1 win for our Buffs.

The other big one for us today is Richmond (#75) hosting #16 Dayton ((#15). Game's also for 1st place in the A-10.

Miami won but FSU lost.

CSU in a close on at Wyoming approaching half.

FSU up 41-36 vs #3 UNC at halftime.

Would be a great win for CU's SOS. FSU comes in at #82 NET, so them getting to 50 or better with a strong close to the season turns that loss into a Quad 1.

Also, Miami (#63) is up 40-29 on Pitt (#66), so if they can finish them off it gets closer to be a Quad 1 win for our Buffs.

The other big one for us today is Richmond (#75) hosting #16 Dayton ((#15). Game's also for 1st place in the A-10.

Richmond with a big win over Dayton.

Meanwhile CSU with an all-time meltdown

Jerry Palm (who hates CU) still gave them as a #10 seed even after the WSU loss

If we dont **** the bed on the LA trip, should be enough wins elsewhere to stay in

How is it that CU losses to Utah & goes up from 31 to 29 in NET? And Utah goes up from 35 to 34? I just can’t get my brain around the NET. Too excited to get to recruiting thread, to see if other team losses affected that. Otherwise, assume both their SOS improved in Tier 1 game?????

How is it that CU losses to Utah & goes up from 31 to 29 in NET? And Utah goes up from 35 to 34? I just can’t get my brain around the NET. Too excited to get to recruiting thread, to see if other team losses affected that. Otherwise, assume both their SOS improved in Tier 1 game?????

Some other teams from earlier on our schedule won yesterday, I believe. That increased our SOS, etc. A road loss to a team with a similar NET by itself won't move either team much in either direction.

Some other teams from earlier on our schedule won yesterday, I believe. That increased our SOS, etc. A road loss to a team with a similar NET by itself won't move either team much in either direction.
This. If people need an indication as to how hard it is to win on the road in college basketball, NET basically treats a win by a home team in a matchup of similar teams as the expected outcome, and punishes the home team if they lose.

Still hanging on with a #11 seed in the CBS update

5 of the next 7 at home plus a road trip to LA. As I said before if they don't **** the bed against UCLA/USC should be comfortably in. But this is CU basketball

Still hanging on with a #11 seed in the CBS update

5 of the next 7 at home plus a road trip to LA. As I said before if they don't **** the bed against UCLA/USC should be comfortably in. But this is CU basketball
UCLA waking up is going to end up costing me the rest of my hair. But, hold serve at home, don't lose to OSU, and we're in. Lose to Zona, and we'll need some games in LA, potentially both.

UCLA waking up is going to end up costing me the rest of my hair. But, hold serve at home, don't lose to OSU, and we're in. Lose to Zona, and we'll need some games in LA, potentially both.
That'd make us 21-10.

We really should win at least one of the UCLA/USC road games as well (which would leave us top 4 easy), and then make the semi's of our tourney and we're in at 23-10. I can live with that. So no biggie, just got to go 8-3 from here on.

Back