What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

I think we see tmw that the "bracketologists" were way off this whole time, and Colorado ends up an 8 or 9 🤷
I’d love to share your optimism but it’s not realistic at all. Our NET will slide to close to 30, BPI will be close to 50 and our SOS is a giant albatross around our neck. And again … no ****ing way the PAC 12 gets 4 teams in. No way.

My sincere hope is that tomorrow all of you castigate me for being a doubter when the Buffs make it.

I’d love to share your optimism but it’s not realistic at all. Our NET will slide to close to 30, BPI will be close to 50 and our SOS is a giant albatross around our neck. And again … no ****ing way the PAC 12 gets 4 teams in. No way.

My sincere hope is that tomorrow all of you castigate me for being a doubter when the Buffs make it.
CU being left out would be an all time screw job. Like...probably the biggest of all time.

Can I just do that now? ****ing doubter

NET is still at 25.

In the ERA since NET has been incorporated by the committee, no one with a NET rank better than 33 has ever been left out. If CU is, it’s a complete screw job

Also, I believe the committee cares way less about SOS than they do about SOR. CUs SOR is 30

NET is still at 25.

In the ERA since NET has been incorporated by the committee, no one with a NET rank better than 33 has ever been left out. If CU is, it’s a complete screw job

Also, I believe the committee cares way less about SOS than they do about SOR. CUs SOR is 30
That under 33 NET trend will end this year. Indiana State is 29 and St John’s is 32. We’re 25. We’re not all getting in.

BPI doesn't matter at all..the committee for a CBS based event wouldn't use an ESPN metric

NET is still at 25.

That under 33 NET trend will end this year. Indiana State is 29 and St John’s is 32. We’re 25. We’re not all getting in.

Tad said it best.

"I have coached teams that have deserved to be in that weren't in, and I've also coached teams that didn't deserve to be in that got in," Buffaloes coach Tad Boyle said. "All that matters is what that committee thinks. I look at our metrics, I look at these guys, and there's no doubt in my mind this is an NCAA tournament team."

I’m not “blindly” following anything. I’ve been watching the NCAA tournament since NC State beat Houston in the early 80s. We’re squarely on the bubble, nobody can dispute that. And every year, at least a couple teams get screwed. This year, with the stolen bids and overall parity, 3-4 that have a legitimate resume ain’t getting in.

For you guys blindly following ESPN and CBS, Joe Lundari ranks 98 out of 174 and Jerry Palm ranks 142nd. This is based on accuracy of a five year rolling average. Please do yourselves a favor and step away from the ledge. The Buffs are in. Possibly playing in Dayton, but they’re in.

Counterpoint, the top performing bracketologists also have had us squarely on the bubble all along.

If we're in, Washington becomes the second highest NET in the P12 not in the tournament so they get to host an NIT game.

Interesting situation for their transition away from Hopkins.

I’m not “blindly” following anything. I’ve been watching the NCAA tournament since NC State beat Houston in the early 80s. We’re squarely on the bubble, nobody can dispute that. And every year, at least a couple teams get screwed. This year, with the stolen bids and overall parity, 3-4 that have a legitimate resume ain’t getting in.
We are not on the bubble after the WSU game

You really do your best to make yourself unlikable in all areas of AllBuffs.

Even though I may agree with some of your takes, cutting through the bull**** doesn’t make it worth trying to show that.

Maybe a t shirt saying I’ve been complaining since 1983 would look good on you.

You really do your best to make yourself unlikable in all areas of AllBuffs.

Even though I may agree with some of your takes, cutting through the bull**** doesn’t make it worth trying to show that.

Maybe a t shirt saying I’ve been complaining since 1983 would look good on you.
Fuk off. Better yet, pay attention. I’ve been pumping all kinds of sunshine on this latest run, happy as a ****ing clam, optimistic, cheering the team. Even one of the other assholes on here noted they didn’t know what to think of “optimistic Seattlebuff”.

I’m being realistic. Simple as that.

Using my weird logic, I think the committee will still look at conferences to balance things out, just like the Bracketologists seem to look and sort of just move within conferences, except this last week. This is where if push comes to shove, and they only take 3 in the Pac12 it would be Ore (aq), Zona, and CU are in--sorry Wash St. Both teams have 24 wins. CU won 9 of 10 to end season, and beat Wazzu a few days ago in tourney. Wazzu is 7-3 in last 10, with losses to ASU, WA at home, and CU. The NET has CU at 25, 4-5 Q1, 6-5 Q2. Wash St. 44 NET, 6-4 Q1, 3-4Q2 and a Q3 loss. Kenpom CU 27, Wazzu 42. IMO, although Wazzu has been in the various rankings (AP etc..) for many weeks, it comes down to how you close out the season. CU has been better. Also, Q3 or Q4 losses are supposed to hurt, and Wazzu has one, CU none.

Personally, I think both should be in, others should be out. CSU should be sweating some since then went 5-5 to end the season but they did play well in the tourney. Another out I would find is Northwestern, 54 NET, 6-4, 1 and done in tourney, a loss to Rutgers, and a Q4 loss--their net is 7th within their conference.

For you guys blindly following ESPN and CBS, Joe Lundari ranks 98 out of 174 and Jerry Palm ranks 142nd. This is based on accuracy of a five year rolling average. Please do yourselves a favor and step away from the ledge. The Buffs are in. Possibly playing in Dayton, but they’re in.

lol I’ve seen this same message board post before and the Buffs did not in fact get in.

History has shown that the Buffs do not get the benefit of the doubt on the bubble on selection Sunday.

I hope I’m wrong, and history doesn’t repeat, but I’ll only believe the Buffs are only in once they are called.

Last edited:
Fuk off. Better yet, pay attention. I’ve been pumping all kinds of sunshine on this latest run, happy as a ****ing clam, optimistic, cheering the team. Even one of the other assholes on here noted they didn’t know what to think of “optimistic Seattlebuff”.

Realistically, the Buffs are in. Save your worries for the first round opponent.

You guys continue talking about the 2011 snub. It's a completely different situation. And that's the only time NCAA screwed us.

lol I’ve seen this same message board post before and the Buffs did not in fact get in.

History has shown that the Buffs do not get the benefit of the doubt on the bubble on selection Sunday.

I hope I’m wrong, and history doesn’t repeat, but I’ll only believe the Buffs are only in once they are called.

I think this time they are better off. We won 9 of 10 coming in and made the Conf final. 3rd in the Pac12 regular season. Plus, we have no Q3 or Q4 losses. We were not great on the road unless you count @Cal, @UCLA, @ASU and @UU as bad losses, but winning on the road has always been difficult in the PAC. We were not great away in conference, but got revenge on 3 of those teams and won @Ore in closing out the schedule. We did not play UCLA at home. The we won neutral games in the tourney.

I think I touched a nerve.

If we were in any other Big Six conference with our exact resume, it wouldn't even be a conversation about if CU was in.

And that's exactly what makes me anxious today.

Will eastern bias have an issue with 12 bids going to MWC (6), Pac (4) and WCC (2)? That'd be 9/36 (25%) of at-large to the west.

Secondly, there's no pressure to advocate for the Pac-12 since it's the last hurrah for the league.

There are some things working against us with needing to leave some more marquee programs and coaches out in order to select CU. Also, maybe a bad year to be Indiana State and FAU.

They already said they were not going to participate
I wonder if that means they NIT digs one spot lower for a host site?

All regular season champions that did not win their conference tournament used to automatically qualify for the National Invitation Tournament (NIT). However, this is no longer the case starting in 2024. Now, the two teams with the highest NET rating from six conferences (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, Pac-12 and SEC) will get auto bids and will be a host school.

So then, USC gets to host.

Back