What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Or hit the JC ranks hard, 1 or 2 legit guys could make big difference next year.
tenor.gif

Dell McGee would be a great get for this staff because he is the architect of the stud Running Back room and running game plans. Sounds like from many sources that Georgia is going to pay whatever it takes to keep him because of the running prowess!

Hear me out... Would Shenault not be the best RB on this team? That shows how we need to get the RB room and coaching seriously improved!

I would say the same for fans who think a winning record or bowl game shouldn't be expected next year. If tucker and his staff can't squeeze one more win out of this group, that would be a bummer no?
I think this team is probably good enough to make a bowl next year, sure, but that immediate goal is not the most important thing to me. If Tucker wants to institute an entirely new offense and defense based on the type of player he wants to recruit to CU and that transition includes some growing pains, I’m ok with that. If he wants to throw out the 2-deep and get younger guys more PT because they’ll be here longer and fit what he wants to do, I’m ok with that.

In short, I have every faith Tucker and his staff could get this team into a bowl game next year if that was their sole goal - I’m not sure it is or even should be.

For the way-too-early thread that’s yet to come, here’s my take on the 2019 schedule, not knowing what Mel Tucker does, how he does it, with whom he does it.

Wins:
CSU
Air Force (home)
Arizona (home)
UCLA (away)

Toss ups:
Nebraska (home)
Airizona State (away)

Likely losses:
Stanford (home)
USC (home)
Washington (home)
Oregon (away)
Utah (away)
Washington State (away)

To me, they’re a 6-6 team next season with existing talent and new coaching.

I think they can win the Wins, win the Toss Ups, and beat Stanford and USC at home for 8 wins! Stanford will have no offense and our defense will be able to stop the run.
USC still has Helton and KK’s offense will not likely be running on all cylinders.
So happy to be a Buff fan!
Tuck em up Buffs!

Some of you seem to be hinting that ahole’s kin is racist. If you think he is, what do you base it on?

Dell McGee would be a great get for this staff because he is the architect of the stud Running Back room and running game plans. Sounds like from many sources that Georgia is going to pay whatever it takes to keep him because of the running prowess!

Hear me out... Would Shenault not be the best RB on this team? That shows how we need to get the RB room and coaching seriously improved!
Shenault is a great WR....would be a great RB, LB, S CB, QB

Some of you seem to be hinting that ahole’s kin is racist. If you think he is, what do you base it on?
I'm wondering why he doesn't like this hire. He is making up reasons. I'll let you draw the conclusion

For the way-too-early thread that’s yet to come, here’s my take on the 2019 schedule, not knowing what Mel Tucker does, how he does it, with whom he does it.

Wins:
CSU - easy
Air Force (home) - beat them into submission
Arizona (home) Tate is gone- win
UCLA (away) **** UCLA - win

Toss ups:
Nebraska (home) - **** them too - win. Frost loses his **** and tries to beat a player with his shoe.
Airizona State (away) Herm Edwards

Likely losses:
Stanford (home) don’t mind them but win
USC (home) - **** you USC. First win ever.
Washington (home) - win. Tucker scares the team so bad beforehand they manhandle the Huskies in the lines. Win
Oregon (away) - payback for JL leaving.
Utah (away) - win because the narrative continues
Washington State (away) - Leach says lots of weird **** and we win anyways.

We win the PAC 12 CG over Washington and then beat OSU in the playoffs and then lose to Alabama 35-28 and every on allbuffs loses their **** and wants tucker fired for choking.

I don't want to hear "Oh, well...its the first year with a new coach" if we see 5-7 next year.

Hey, I respect your contrarian takes here but Tucker appears to come to CU with a much more stout background than the last three guys. I'm in favor of giving him a shot. And again, I'm more concerned with the CU culture screwing MT over than I am with MT coming up
short as a HC. Hoping it all works!! I think we might be timed for a good run....Go Buffs!!!

Hey, I respect your contrarian takes here but Tucker appears to come to CU with a much more stout background than the last three guys. I'm in favor of giving him a shot. And again, I'm more concerned with the CU culture screwing MT over than I am with MT coming up
short as a HC. Hoping it all works!! I think we might be timed for a good run....Go Buffs!!!

I'll be pulling for him hard too PAHI-Thanks!

Wins:
CSU
Air Force (home)
Arizona (home)
UCLA (away)

Toss ups:
Nebraska (home)
Airizona State (away)

Likely losses:
Stanford (home)
USC (home)
Washington (home)
Oregon (away)
Utah (away)
Washington State (away)

That Air Force game scares me for obvious reasons. I hope our offense is ready to score at that point.

Wins:
CSU
Air Force (home)
Arizona (home)
UCLA (away)

Toss ups:
Nebraska (home)
Airizona State (away)

Likely losses:
Stanford (home)
USC (home)
Washington (home)
Oregon (away)
Utah (away)
Washington State (away)

NU is a win-I don't see a loss there because that crowd is going to be jacked. I'd call Oregon and WSU toss ups because they've both got QB questions-WSU loses Minshew, and Herbert still could declare for the draft.

Bowl game should be a clear expectation next season.
Yep.

Good chance we'll have the best player on the field on both sides of the ball in most of our games (Shenault & Landman). Tons of experienced starters with talent, too.

CU should have been in a bowl game each of the past 4 seasons. Why would my expectations for next year be lower than they were for the coach we just fired?

Yep.

Good chance we'll have the best player on the field on both sides of the ball in most of our games (Shenault & Landman). Tons of experienced starters with talent, too.

CU should have been in a bowl game each of the past 4 seasons. Why would my expectations for next year be lower than they were for the coach we just fired?

Bowl game practices are going to be extremely important for next year's underclassmen as well.

5-7 would be a bad season.

Wins:
CSU
Air Force (home)
Arizona (home)
UCLA (away)

Toss ups:
Nebraska (home)
Airizona State (away)

Likely losses:
Stanford (home)
USC (home)
Washington (home)
Oregon (away)
Utah (away)
Washington State (away)

Based on nothing, I expect UCLA on the road to be harder than USC at home.

Saying the long term success of the program is more important than the 2019 season is not the same as saying it’ll be OK if the Buffs miss a bowl game next year. Nobody is saying 5-7 next year would be acceptable.
I think it's more performance (and relative performance) than just win-loss record, year one with a new coach. I wouldn't be happy about 5-7, but if we were playing strong & competitively, Buffs players were putting up good numbers, but the Pac-12 competition & breaks were enough that it didn't get us to at least 6-6, I wouldn't grab a pitchfork, I'd look with hope to the next year. .....again.

...yeah, that is a depressing thought. But let's see how it shakes out.

Back