What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Agree, have to beat CSU, and AFA. Should beat Nebraska. Then have to win 3 conference games.

We have a bunch of returning OL including guys who played as freshmen who should be bigger and stronger and others coming back from injury.

We will have a senior QB and quality WRs. Also have a decent number of returning defensive players.

No excuse to not at least get a bowl game.

Have to beat all three. No reason why we should not beat the Nubs in our house for CMT's home opener. Big boy football means big boy expectations.

I’m getting a little apprehensive about this hire. Just seems like there is zero momentum at this point. Tell me I’m just being a Negative Ned and that everything is great. I mean, do we even have a coaching staff in place? Is their a DC yet? Are we getting any feedback from committed recruits and how they weee blown away by Coach Tucker? How the hell did we lose a high 3 star Elite Eleven QB who’s life long dream was to be a Buff? I see a lot of “bargaining” on the site like, “Well, we really didn’t want him because he doesn’t fit our new OC’s style, yada yada yada.”

I’m gettin’ nervous.

I’m getting a little apprehensive about this hire. Just seems like there is zero momentum at this point. Tell me I’m just being a Negative Ned and that everything is great. I mean, do we even have a coaching staff in place? Is their a DC yet? Are we getting any feedback from committed recruits and how they weee blown away by Coach Tucker? How the hell did we lose a high 3 star Elite Eleven QB who’s life long dream was to be a Buff? I see a lot of “bargaining” on the site like, “Well, we really didn’t want him because he doesn’t fit our new OC’s style, yada yada yada.”

I’m gettin’ nervous.
Relax.

HCMT hasn't even been "officially" approved yet.

Reactions: DBT

I’m gettin’ nervous.
Relax, DBT.

I’m gettin’ nervous.
He is now officially the Head Football Coach at the University of Colorado. Now things should start moving. Also, McChesney briefly mentioned, on his podcast, that the kids he trained who were up here last weekend absolutely raved about Mel Tucker and everything he is about. So there you go, recruit feedback.

I’m gettin’ nervous.

FWIW Todd McShay recently said he thought we had one of the best new hires on a recent coaching carousel segment.

I think this weekend will be a good indicator. As many guys as we have visiting, we’ll get to see if he can close. I think he’s really going to surprise us. I definitely am annoyed at the lack of assistant hiring Bc I think that would help big time this weekend but I guess we’ll have to hope they can go without it.

21467737.jpg

I’m gettin’ nervous.
You should freak out.

If you are going to vote against it at least just be up front, don’t make **** up.
I don’t think she’s making anything up. She honestly thinks that somehow voting against the contract will cause CU to rethink the existence of football.

The pearl clutching over the vote not being unanimous is by far the most entertaining thing I've read on here all year.

Sincere thank yous to all.

I disagree with her on this!!! Does anyone notice that if and when there is ever a potential Targeting foul called either on us or against us, that CU player that is involved has to go over to the medical staff and go through an initial concussion assessment and even if there is not a penalty determined, if they do not pass that test, they are taken out.

Also, the new Champions Center has one of the most high tech medical facility in it, and therefore while these players practice, they are yards away from critical care, should something bad happen.

Pay attention lady!!!

Back