What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Can someone bitch slap that guy and remind him how much money is raised and spent on cancer research at Anshutz every year, not to mention the advances in medical science because of sports medicine.

And Jack, if you read this, you're an ignorant ****ing twat.

Anyway, a big THANK YOU to the rest of the regents who voted yes.
Agreed. **** that guy

Cancer research charities raise over $1 billion annually. Mel Tucker making $15 million dollars from a self-sufficient Athletic Department makes no dent in that number.

I also find it highly insulting to Coach Tucker and the Colorado AD that they don’t take player safety seriously.

"Doesn't take safety seriously" is code for I don't like football, think its inherently dangerous, and it should just go away. I wonder if she understands that means women's soccer and lacrosse go away then too. Unless the University wants to ACTUALLY take money away from cancer research to pay for them instead of via a self-funding AD.

"Doesn't take safety seriously" is code for I don't like football, think its inherently dangerous, and it should just go away. I wonder if she understands that means women's soccer and lacrosse go away then too. Unless the University wants to ACTUALLY take money away from cancer research to pay for them instead of via a self-funding AD.

In 5 years, we should encourage someone from our friend group to run for this seat.

More like Sue Snarky...amiright???
tenor.gif

In 5 years, we should encourage someone from our friend group to run for this seat.

We do know a couple of folks who are qualified, but don't you have to be a resident of the district to run there unless its for an at large bid?

Edit - nvm was thinking of Kroll's seat. Yeah...I've actually been working on pushing that idea.

I don’t know whether to be pissed that these two morons voted against it or to be happy we only appear to have two certifiable idiots on the board of regents.

I don’t know whether to be pissed that these two morons voted against it or to be happy we only appear to have two certifiable idiots on the board of regents.
We have two certifiable idiots and one one regular one. The one abstained because she has at least a little sense.

Cancer research charities raise over $1 billion annually. Mel Tucker making $15 million dollars from a self-sufficient Athletic Department makes no dent in that number.
That guy is either an idiot and doesn't realize the AD is self-sufficient or he's a self-righteous ass trying to score points with a small clique in the Denver/Boulder area. Either way, he's a twat nugget.

Coach Tucker gets a bonus in year 1 for winning more than 6 games-- good to know. The minimum bar in year 1 is 6. I like that.

That guy is either an idiot and doesn't realize the AD is self-sufficient or he's a self-righteous ass trying to score points with a small clique in the Denver/Boulder area. Either way, he's a twat nugget.
I’d say both, but if you are on the board of regents, you know how the AD is funded. He’s just a self righteous prick trying to score points with the anti-football crowd. Same with the other chick who voted against this. It’s pretty obvious.

I’d say both, but if you are on the board of regents, you know how the AD is funded. He’s just a self righteous prick trying to score points with the anti-football crowd. Same with the other chick who voted against this. It’s pretty obvious.
I assume you agree with me that he is a twat nugget...unless you have a better pejorative for him...I'm open to suggestions :-D

I know HCMT has more important things on his mind than this, but can someone in the AD please help the man change his Twitter theme color to Buffs gold? It takes three clicks. That red is hurting my eyes! :puke:

sWLwyV2.png

I don’t think this is correct. My understanding is if fired he’s not entitled to the future annual pay raises. So out of $14.75 million...initially $12 million (first year salary times contract years) is guaranteed. The longer he stays employed the higher the amount guaranteed becomes. If he was fired after the fourth year for example he would end up with $14.475 million.

Maybe someone cool enough to have Twitter can ask Howell for clarification.

Edit: Denver Post also says it’s not fully guaranteed.

Last edited:
Back