What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

I would say YES, but what I mean is HELL YES!! Best defensive minded coach CU could have landed. Excellent recruiter, a guy kids will want to run through walls for and a guy that won't put up with me me me players, even for an instant. Love this hire

Not a bad PR move to leak this tonight, now the story becomes a narrative thread in the nationally broadcast SEC championship game tomorrow. Should be good pub for us as long as they aren’t destroyed by like 70 points.

Good point. It was brought up this morning on College Game Day. The publicity can only help at this time of year.

I think you can make a compelling argument he probably shouldn't be a NFL DC, but we're in the P12 ... not the NFL. We need him to resonate with guys fresh out of High School, not millionaires in their early 20s.
Yeah. He was the Jags DC for a decent amount of time, though, so he had to have been competent. Admittedly I don’t know where his JVille defenses ranked and I don’t really care to look it up, but regardless, college is a different sport entirely from the NFL.

Alright - apologies, but a little superficial perspective: I kinda like that he's a big, imposing black dude. I think that will help him set a serious tone about playing tough football.

I can think of one. When Georgia played in Boulder, that Sunday I went up to Rocky Mountain National Park to watch the elk bugle. Some Georgia fan attempted to set his child on an elk for a pic.

Hey ... I didn't say they were all geniuses. :rolleyes:

What’s the odds of a possible Home/home with Georgia now?? That would be awesome. You bring the dog and we’ll bring the Buff.

Back