What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

I would be STUNNED if that happens-Let's assume Tucker and RG are both really smart individuals guys. Tucker knows how important his OC hire is, and RG knows better than to force a coordinator on a new hire. Chev will be here as the WR coach.
Sorry. That was a typo. I can’t see Chev as our OC. Last year was miserable.

Tucker quotes:

"Colorado has always been a place that I thought should be relevant in the national championship conversation year-in and year-out, because of its tradition and a seemingly endless list of what the school has to offer," Tucker said. "What we have to offer are some of the best facilities in the country, strong academics, and an amazing environment as a whole. Colorado should be a 'no excuse' program. There's absolutely no reason we can't achieve success at an extremely high level.

"I can remember when Colorado was dominant with players like Kordell Stewart, Rashaan Salaam, Chris Hudson, Darian Hagan, Alfred Williams and others," Tucker continued. "Colorado always had difference makers and was very dynamic on both sides of the ball. That's the imprint instilled in my mind when it came to CU. My plan is to continue to restore that tradition and make sure that Colorado once again becomes an elite national program. There's not a better place in America to live, to coach and go to school."
That's so ****ing awesome. Dude gets it.

I've been containing my excitement for a while now. That phase is over.

all-aboard-the-hype-train.jpg

I think this is total bull****. KD is a good kid who wants to win and is team first. If anything, his attitude while lesser players were giving sub-par efforts during his first year in Boulder is evidence of his team-first dedication. Don't run down kids based on sour grapes from others. This guy is a competitor and leader in my opinion.
To each their own. Let's not argue about this since it ultimately does not matter. I just think he's one of those guys that thinks he is better than he is. Instead of just letting his play talk for himself, he likes tweets from Oregon fans telling him to transfer there because he isn't utilized. The head coach who gave you a scholarship is fired and you are retweeting and liking every tweet. Doesn't seem like a team first guy to me deep down. Maybe he's great in pressers and says the right things.

I think this is total bull****. KD is a good kid who wants to win and is team first. If anything, his attitude while lesser players were giving sub-par efforts during his first year in Boulder is evidence of his team-first dedication. Don't run down kids based on sour grapes from others. This guy is a competitor and leader in my opinion.
Yes the guy is a competitor....so was Terrell Owens
Yes the guy puts in effort....so did Terrell Owens
Yes having to break the news is exactly what Terrell Owens would have done.
Yes the guy is a me-diva....so was Terrell Owens
Yes the guy consistently posted and then removed party party photos after CU losses.
No the guy isn't team first....whining in the locker room, to daddy and finally to twitter about a lack of touches while CU was winning isn't team first.
Yes! I am ever so happy that we have a coach that won't let that kind of BS happen, not for a second. Everyone is going to be team first real fast or they'll find that laser death glare looking their way.

This is the first cu coach I’ve approved of, since Barnett. So far, I’ve been right on all counts (I said Barnett was a good coach and I am on record as saying the last 3 coaches were bad coaches, early in their tenure)

For the first time in over a decade, I am optimistic that we finally have a good coach again

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/12/5/tucker-named-head-football-coach-at-colorado.aspx

George has proposed that CU's Board of Regents approve a five-year deal for Tucker worth $14.75 million of which the first-year salary would be $2.4 million and then increase by $275,000 annually, not including additional pay if any of several incentives in the contract are met. The Regents must approve Tucker's contract, which campus leaders hope to present for their consideration at their Dec. 12 special meeting in Denver.
Wow, he is coming CHEAP.

Back