What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Tucker and most of his staff came from UGA who play GT every year. They know how to prep.

Folks, our RB Coach is one of the top 5 ALL-TIME Option Quarterbacks!!! I think that Coach Hagan and Coach Tucker will have them very coached up. I do not worry about scheme or the fact that we have the better players, I worry about the emotional situation following what we all hope is a big win over the Skers.

If my research is right, I don’t think QC folks recruit. Their role is limited to scouting internal/opposing players/schemes and consulting with the coaching staff about various game plan options. I believe they’re also assigned various game day tasks to assist the coaching staff in their decision making process (challenges, alignment miscues, opponent tells, etc.)
By doing these things, they enable the recruiting coaches to spend more time recruiting.

They can also review HS film to see if there are players being overlooked (or overhyped).

I would also be shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out that some of these QC guys have some access to/control over the twitter and other social media accounts of the recruiting coaches.

Basically, I think they can, and do, have "recruiting" roles that they can take on.

Other thing with the QCs for recruiting is that they can recruit on campus without restriction. So if you like seeing official visits to CU for home games during the season without our HC bitching about how it’s a distraction from game prep... then you should frikin love expanded support staff & a full complement of QC coaches.

Other thing with the QCs for recruiting is that they can recruit on campus without restriction. So if you like seeing official visits to CU for home games during the season without our HC bitching about how it’s a distraction from game prep... then you should frikin love expanded support staff & a full complement of QC coaches.

Give it time, someone will complain here.

Shade. Nice.

:D

Then I had the 10 a.m. press conference, which was the introductory press conference. It was funny because before my press conference I went into the board room and all the marketing people were there, and maybe 20 times they told me, “Ralphie (the mascot) is a girl. Remember that Ralphie is a girl. She is a girl.” If I don’t remember anything else, I will remember that.

https://theathletic.com/860446/2019/03/11/q-and-a-mel-tucker-colorado-head-coach/

Great interview, still reading, but that made me laugh. We aren't a SEC fanbase, but we sure have our quirks. :ROFLMAO:

Other notes:
  • Big endorsement (and reasoning why) of S&C Drew Wilson;
  • "I don’t talk any about the past seasons or what has happened in the past with them, and I don’t talk about Georgia or Alabama. I try not to bring those schools up, so all my focus is on this team moving forward right now. I think that helps them" - I really like this. Smart self confidence.
  • Recruiting footprint will soon include Utah! and additional color of why so much Georgia and the approach to out of footprint players. (I think Duff will be happy)
  • He's a twizzler guy. WTF? Red Vines bro!

Last edited:
https://theathletic.com/860446/2019/03/11/q-and-a-mel-tucker-colorado-head-coach/

Great interview, still reading, but that made me laugh. We aren't a SEC fanbase, but we sure have our quirks. :ROFLMAO:

Other notes:
  • "I don’t talk any about the past seasons or what has happened in the past with them, and I don’t talk about Georgia or Alabama. I try not to bring those schools up, so all my focus is on this team moving forward right now. I think that helps them" - I really like this. Smart self confidence.
  • Recruiting footprint will soon include Utah! and additional color of why so much Georgia and the approach to out of footprint players. (I think Duff will be happy)

You’re a self-described “foodie,” so what’s your favorite meal?
Lamb chops with mint jelly and asparagus with some kind of a balsamic glaze on there. And maybe a baked sweet potato with some honey butter. That would be delightful. For an appetizer, foie gras.
I guess technically that's meat and potatoes and not french pastry...

Other notes:

So we are not actually going national with recruiting? Phew.

the utah comment was interesting. there do appear to be a lot more guys coming out of that state than there used to be (same as colorado, i guess). and, when you add in the poly pipeline, maybe we can get some players.

I definitely like him so far, but let’s wait until we see how he handles actual pressure and responds.

That’s fair, new coaches always seem positive. He seems different in a way and I could be wrong but it just feels that way. Either way, I’m excited for the season!

Down 24-0 against Oklahoma St in the Alamo Bowl, the CU students in front of me started up the "I said it sucks to be a CSU Ram" chant. There is no doubt about it, our fan base has CHOSEN CSU as it rival.

And yes, those students were immediately, and thoroughly cursed out by everyone over 35.

The students think CSU is a rival. If you asked the vast majority of us allbuffers who our football rival is, don't the vast majority of us still say the Nubs?

The number of posts that we get in CSU and Nebraska threads leaves no doubt in my mind that these are our rivals. I wished that CU fans cared more about Utah and others in the PAC-12, but we don’t.

For a series to be called a rivalry, you need one of two things IMO-a stretch of games that matter for something more than bowl eligibility or vitriol between the two schools in that sport-look at USC in basketball right now. That's a rivalry-Enfield and Tad despise each other, and the players (look at Kin exchanging pleasantries with Rakovic or whoever the hell that was last weekend in Boulder IIRC) have taken the hint. We don't have either with anyone in conference in football right now.

Back