What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU v Washington State - Game Thread

Saw some ball movement and finally made some shots at the end. Ski played a smart game, didn't force it.

Our bench gave us 20/58 points tonight thanks to XJ's 14. Very encouraged by his game tonight. We're about to see the takeoff of XJ. It's close.

Buffs won the battle on the boards, 33-30. Motum was held to 13 points in 38 minutes. 5/16.

79.2% from the charity stripe tonight (19/24). I'll take it. Wazzu only shot 9 FTs (4/9). Quite a discrepancy on the road, but that's because Wazzu sucks.

Likely going to be seeing some coaching vacancies in the NW with Wazzu (1-4) and Oregon State (0-5). Sucks for Wazzu because Tony Bennett was absolutely beloved and worshipped in Pullman. He had them playing excellent basketball, making the Sweet 16 and the Second Round (the REAL Second Round, the one now called the "Third Round") in 2/3 seasons before he departed for Virginia. Bone technically hasn't had a losing season his first three seasons, but that includes a 16-15 his first year and a 19-18 last year. Pretty obvious they're going to fall deep under by the time they exit the Pac-12 Tournament this year.

Last edited:
Our bench gave us 20/58 points tonight thanks to XJ's 14. Very encouraged by his game tonight. We're about to see the takeoff of XJ. It's close.

Buffs won the battle on the boards, 33-30. Motum was held to 13 points in 38 minutes. 5/16.

79.2% from the charity stripe tonight (19/24). I'll take it. Wazzu only shot 9 FTs (4/9). Quite a discrepancy on the road, but that's because Wazzu sucks.

Likely going to be seeing some coaching vacancies in the NW with Wazzu (1-4) and Oregon State (0-5). Sucks for Wazzu because Tony Bennett was absolutely beloved and worshipped in Pullman. He had them playing excellent basketball, making the Sweet 16 and the Second Round his final two seasons before he departed for Virginia. Quite the collapse under Bone.

I will take greater than 75% ft everynight of the week. Would prefer north of 85% but I feel as a CU fan we need to take what we can get right now. Absolutely right about XJ, you can see the light starting to come on. We may be about to see our second consecutive pair of impact freshman with him and scott. Would be huge for us to get that going as we roll into the easier portion of our conference slate.

I will take greater than 75% ft everynight of the week. Would prefer north of 85% but I feel as a CU fan we need to take what we can get right now. Absolutely right about XJ, you can see the light starting to come on. We may be about to see our second consecutive pair of impact freshman with him and scott. Would be huge for us to get that going as we roll into the easier portion of our conference slate.

Nearly half our points from true freshmen tonight. (27/58). 14 from XJ, 11 from Scott, 2 from Stalzer.

Nearly half our points from true freshmen tonight. (27/58). 14 from XJ, 11 from Scott, 2 from Stalzer.

If we can count on those 3 for 30pts a game then we may be on to something. I think Stalzer needs to see more action, and needs to be on the floor with Dinwiddie. Stalzer seems to be decent from the arc

If we can count on those 3 for 30pts a game then we may be on to something. I think Stalzer needs to see more action, and needs to be on the floor with Dinwiddie. Stalzer seems to be decent from the arc

I'm optimistic about Stalzer too. Really think he's going to be very crucial to us when he's a JR and SR. He's averaging between 10-11 minutes per game this season, but only 3 in Pac-12 play. I'd like to see that rise.

Last edited:

Any coach would agree with you. Unfortunately, that is 3% points higher that the best season ever recorded (83-84 Harvard)

good win for us. we needed it, badly. 2-4 coming back home for 2 is a world apart (if i may paraphrase the rock band Saga)....from 1-5.

Any coach would agree with you. Unfortunately, that is 3% points higher that the best season ever recorded (83-84 Harvard)

Even 2 years ago when Alec, Cory and Levi seemingly didn't miss a FT all year CU only shot 77.9% as a team. Average in the NCAA is 70.5% this year.

Even 2 years ago when Alec, Cory and Levi seemingly didn't miss a FT all year CU only shot 77.9% as a team. Average in the NCAA is 70.5% this year.

On average, NBA teams shoot 75% and NCAA teams shoot 69%.

Basically, any college team that shoots 70% or better is a pretty good free throw team. CU is at 67% after last night's game. We're not good, but we're not that bad either. We're basically giving away 2 points to the average out of every 100 FTs we take. It's been an issue in specific games. But last night our FT shooting kept us in the game all night until we could find the range on a few jumpers (finally) and pull away.

I agree with the comments above on XJ. He was absolutely the bright spot for me last night. He's the one guy we can count on to continue to attack the hoop and he knows how to finish. He was really active on the boards last night too. If he does nothing other than work on his right hand and FT shooting this summer, he's still going to make a major impact next year (and down the stretch this year, for that matter).

anyway, this is not a great shooting team in general. no surprise we struggle from the line and it costs us sometimes. no surprise the best CU teams in the last decade had Blair Wilson or Levi....even Andy Osborne. a guy who is tough from the 3 line opens up the O in a lot of ways. we just don't have that. every possession is a struggle for us in the halfcourt.

FT shooting last night was good and kept us in shape to win the game. Unfortunately we have had some other games where we missed FTs at critical times that cost us games.

Back