What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Animated GIF

Are you posting from my front porch? Straighten out that tie and het your bike off my driveway. Don’t leave that flyer in my mailbox either.
Hahaha! Love it.... I'm happily satisfied with Jameson right now. Total Misplaced Religious Bigoty must be the answer.

Clearly, Coach Sled was a disaster. Conceptually, I may be able to understand how it happened and--maybe even---the thought process; I might even respect the desire to look outside-the-box. Surely as HCKD was a late hire, none of the top-tier OL coaches were available. So, maybe you look for someone with different ideas, who might be a hidden gem, just on the verge of finding a better way to teach OL techniques. Clearly that turned out not to be the case here, and no doubt, Coach Sled was a major stretch, even assuming an out-of-the-box approach, and that stretch snapped back hard.

I just wish we could get better information about such things, and I put that at the feet of reporting, to an extent. I never hear any specifics about what differences Coach Sled was actually teaching. What were the different concepts or approaches? What's the point of his "sled"? After he was fired, the changes couldn't have simply been "more energy." Maybe I have missed the detailed discussions of such things, and I do realize that teams and coaches avoid providing much detail so as to not give-away info to other teams. But I really don't care about the answers to most of the questions I hear asked. I rarely hear questions seeking detail or actual football concepts and techniques that I would find worthy of reading about. (I do occasionally hear a question seeking that information, and it does go nowhere.) I like our reporters, and they seem like very nice guys and solid Buff fans, but they are not "analysts." And since CU is never in the national picture, we rarely hear anyone even purporting to be an "analyst" discuss the team, the scheme, the concepts, the techniques, etc. I listen to the main weekly podcasts which get posted on BuffZone, but even those seems pretty vague in their "analysis."

(If I'm missing something, I'd love to know where to find it.)
Great post. A reporter asking scheme questions, in the sense you put it, won't do **** to hurt the team. Opposing coaches have the tape. A question asking if we're going to run primarily zone or angle, isn't going to be news to the opposing coaches. They already know

Please by all means... fire another coach. It's working so well for you guys.
The truth hurts. If you buy the theory that every 4th guy is the right guy....

Barnett
1. hawkins
2. Embree
3. MacIntyre
4. TUCKER

...repeat cycle...

1. Dorrell
2. x
3. y
4. Z ☹️

I can’t keep this straight. Are you a Utah fan? Or a BYU fan pretending to be a Utah fan to give them a bad name? Or a Utah fan pretending to be a BYU fan pretending to be a Utah fan to give THEM a bad name?
Goose, back away from over a decade ago... slowly so you don't get hurt.... this the best you can come up with?

Hahaha! Love it.... I'm happily satisfied with Jameson right now. Total Misplaced Religious Bigoty must be the answer.

My mistake, you pretend to be from Utah. I don’t care about the name of your significant other, but cleary two men partnering up won’t fly there.

Uh... do you have any idea what you are actually talking about at all?

You said your partner’s name is Jameson, and I made my second assumption (the first that you are from Utah) that you are a dude. I know that being gay is a capital offence there so I’m starting to think you are in Fort Collins pretending to be from Utah.

You said your partner’s name is Jameson, and I made my second assumption (the first that you are from Utah) that you are a dude. I know that being gay is a capital offence there so I’m starting to think you are in Fort Collins pretending to be from Utah.
We gonna split hairs?

I just feel sorry for you right now. "big jim"

Back