What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

bored waiting GIF

KD has no choice but to let Chev go. You can't keep your job after this year. Yes we had a bad OL. But the OC could have made adjustments to help out the QB with quick reads and etc.
Or...He could have spoken up before the season started and said this o-line thing ain't working. Instead kept his flatbrimmed ear covering hat in the sand and collected a paycheck. If he was in fact the WR coach, he didn't spend much time in their workspace. A coach who had the pulse of a position group could have prevented some of the attrition of the group.

Dorrell's inability to identify this is a bigger problem. No action from him at this time will be a tell.

I’m counting on the idea that KD is neither stupid nor apathetic. It’s time for some big leadership even if it means throwing down against RG.

Or...He could have spoken up before the season started and said this o-line thing ain't working. Instead kept his flatbrimmed ear covering hat in the sand and collected a paycheck. If he was in fact the WR coach, he didn't spend much time in their workspace. A coach who had the pulse of a position group could have prevented some of the attrition of the group.

Dorrell's inability to identify this is a bigger problem. No action from him at this time will be a tell.

Levontae Sheanutlt was suspendend or kicked off the team then decided to enter the transfer portal.
Ketith Miller was burried on the depth chart.

Attrition has not been a problem.

I don’t think KD is apathetic, and I don’t want to believe that KD is stupid, but his comments after finally firing Rodrigue makes me wonder how much he understands, as a HC.
The jury is out. KD’s media comments are often bland, brief, and vanilla. Hopefully that’s by design and just reflective of a no-drama style. If not we’re totally screwed.

Last year, Tyson Summers wasn't gone until January 12th.

I think KD is going on the recruiting trail to do his in-homes.

Signing Day is December 15th.

My suspicion is that he'll focus there and then get away for Xmas break, think through things, and announce some time the first half of January.

If he pulls the trigger immediately, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I can't imagine why it would take long to make a move. "They" always say they're taking it under advisement and thinking about it before making a decision. ****. There's been way too much time and evidence already. Look at the time it took to fire Rodique when the evidence is evident so early.

Fire Chev now and show the decisiveness to the team, players thinking about transferring, and recruits, especially before signing day. Show that one of the worst offenses in football will not be tolerated. Even if Chev hides behind HCKD saying he's following the HC's 'plan', KD needs to show up and make changes.

Last edited:

My suspicion is that he'll focus there and then get away for Xmas break, think through things, and announce some time the first half of January.

I hope he recognizes the risk of exodus if he waits too long.

Agree. Not sure there is any upside to do it before the 15th, besides satisfying fan bloodlust. Unlikely to get in a replacement in time to make any positive difference, and only downside, if marginal, of a commit knowing Chev and becoming less committed.

Last year, Tyson Summers did not stink to high heaven like Chev. The trigger needs to be pulled quickly. As I write this, it should’ve already happened.

Last edited:
I don't post here much, and without knowing the language of Chev's contract I don't even know if it would be possible without his being onboard but, since we'll be paying him either way, I'd like to see his position with the program shifted to Recruiting Coordinator, heading up a renewed (and properly funded) recruiting infrastructure. Sorry for the extended run-on sentence (of questionable grammatical validity), but I did go to CU after all. Chev was here for all of the Tucker build-out in the area of recruiting, so has an excellent grasp of what was being installed. I'm not sure what became of that department...did I read somewhere that it was dismantled by RG? That would seem pretty odd, as I'm of the belief that to bring SEC-style recruiting to CU is one of the main reasons Tucker was hired by RG in the first place. We know that when it is a primary focus of Chev's, he is a pretty solid recruiter. Does he have the organizational skills to head up a department like that? I don't know. He sure didn't have the organizational skills to head up an Offense, but there is less of an importance on making split second decisions in recruiting. Count me as one of those who died inside a bit when I saw that he was being given sole control of the offense, but I still have loyalty to him because he has still loyalty to CU. Maybe the fact that he bleeds Black & Gold, and has a now urgent need to prove that he can successfully contribute to a program at a high level, will overcome any animosity from losing his Offensive Coordinator role. If he proves inept, or poisonous, he can always be removed later. But boy do we ever need to build some recruiting infrastructure at CU, and I'm pretty sure Karl Dorrell isn't going to head that up.

I don't post here much, and without knowing the language of Chev's contract I don't even know if it would be possible without his being onboard but, since we'll be paying him either way, I'd like to see his position with the program shifted to Recruiting Coordinator, heading up a renewed (and properly funded) recruiting infrastructure. Sorry for the extended run-on sentence (of questionable grammatical validity), but I did go to CU after all. Chev was here for all of the Tucker build-out in the area of recruiting, so has an excellent grasp of what was being installed. I'm not sure what became of that department...did I read somewhere that it was dismantled by RG? That would seem pretty odd, as I'm of the belief that to bring SEC-style recruiting to CU is one of the main reasons Tucker was hired by RG in the first place. We know that when it is a primary focus of Chev's, he is a pretty solid recruiter. Does he have the organizational skills to head up a department like that? I don't know. He sure didn't have the organizational skills to head up an Offense, but there is less of an importance on making split second decisions in recruiting. Count me as one of those who died inside a bit when I saw that he was being given sole control of the offense, but I still have loyalty to him because he has still loyalty to CU. Maybe the fact that he bleeds Black & Gold, and has a now urgent need to prove that he can successfully contribute to a program at a high level, will overcome any animosity from losing his Offensive Coordinator role. If he proves inept, or poisonous, he can always be removed later. But boy do we ever need to build some recruiting infrastructure at CU, and I'm pretty sure Karl Dorrell isn't going to head that up.
Nobody needs to be on board with a termination. CU must honor the contract, but it can terminate him any time.

You cannot demote a former OC to recruiting coordinator without creating a toxic work environment. It doesn’t work. Chev made a good bit of money from CU, he made some meaningful contributions during his tenure, but he is not a capable offensive coordinator. Best to just say, thanks for the work, but we need to go in a different direction for the benefit of all.

Back