What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

1. He didn't have an offer from Cal until he did. What is he supposed to say?

2. You are kidding yourself if you think you are any different. If you accept a job offer and then before you start someone else offers you five or ten times what you would be making with the original offer, then you and everyone else take the second offer.

3. College is for the students, not the school. Real character is working to be the best you can be.

4. In the real world, changing course and making adjustments to achieve success in dynamic situations is what you do. Questioning someone's character for making good decisions is...well....questionable.

5. I'm not sure you fully understand when a commitment is a Commitment. Marriage is a commitment. Parenting is a commitment. Tacos for lunch is a choice.
I literally invested hundreds of hours in two volunteer positions last year. Afterwards, both entities tried to compensate me in the range of tens of thousands of dollars. I declined, because I wanted to make sure that I was volunteering for what I considered the right reasons.

Like others, I have tremendous self-interest. I'm not denying that. But I'm confident that in a similar situation, I would have handled this situation very, very differently. I would not have ****ed Chiv that way, even to my personal detriment.

I'm even more convinced that you and I view this world very differently. I'm aware that people behave the way you describe--I'm not that naïve, but I know a lot of people that personally sacrifice for their relationships, and are doggedly committed to their word.

I literally invested hundreds of hours in two volunteer positions last year. Afterwards, both entities tried to compensate me in the range of tens of thousands of dollars. I declined, because I wanted to make sure that I was volunteering for what I considered the right reasons.

Like others, I have tremendous self-interest. I'm not denying that. But I'm confident that in a similar situation, I would have handled this situation very, very differently. I would not have ****ed Chiv that way, even to my personal detriment.

I'm even more convinced that you and I view this world very differently. I'm aware that people behave the way you describe--I'm not that naïve, but I know a lot of people that personally sacrifice for their relationships, and are doggedly committed to their word.

That is a totally different situation. Totally different. I volunteer as well. The whole point of volunteering is giving service without compensation. That's the whole point. I too would turn down the cash and I would hope that most decent people would do the same.

With that said, go back to my scenario and answer the implied question. We're talking about your livelihood, career and chosen profession. You absolutely woudl take the job offering 10x the money. You are lying to yourself or you are a communist if you think otherwise. And it's not wrong. It's called making a good decision and should be applauded.

I spent a day on a Habitat for Humanity house. Afterward, they didn't offer me any money. ****ers.

That is a totally different situation. Totally different. I volunteer as well. The whole point of volunteering is giving service without compensation. That's the whole point. I too would turn down the cash and I would hope that most decent people would do the same.

With that said, go back to my scenario and answer the implied question. We're talking about your livelihood, career and chosen profession. You absolutely woudl take the job offering 10x the money. You are lying to yourself or you are a communist if you think otherwise. And it's not wrong. It's called making a good decision and should be applauded.
I don't know how else to express this. I prioritize character and loyalty more than my career. Seriously. I'm done.

I don't know how else to express this. I prioritize character and loyalty more than my career. Seriously. I'm done.

So do I, and Webb's good decision making is not an example of poor character in my opinion.

Using your definition it seems that you might enter into an ethical and moral crisis when you switch from Coke to Pepsi? My standards are a little higher.

Anyway, I think we've beat this to death.

I get it. He treated this whole process as a mercenary would. However, it does make him sound like a little bitch.

As speculation, it makes sense. Sefo recovered quickly in the spring and was running and jumping around, playing pickup basketball, etc. as the spring semester progressed. That made the CU situation very different by April than it had been in February.

If he was scared of Sefo then he might as well just try out for the Koy Detmer position in the Pros.

GDwHNV9.jpg

Yeah no way, and he didn't, that was a random cu fan probably referring to a post on the scout board.

Yeah seems like the post came from a fan. Although I think I know which scout post you are referring to. If it is then you know that that source is as close within the AD maybe? If I remember correctly he has proven to be very accurate (meaning the scout post, not the tweet).

Back