What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else basically forget we have a 2nd opening? DL coach or DB coach?

Dude, HCMM has this. He'll get it done within a month after the DC gets hired. It's under control, nothing to worry about, he's been through this before when he hired Lindgren. I mean, it's only fundamentals they go over in spring practice. What's the big deal?

fify (at least I think that's how it went).

Here's a quote from Dan Hawkins, in an article by Ivan Maisel, in 2006:

"I have heard a lot of different offenses, defenses, combinations," he continued. "Trust me. That's not it. A quote I use a lot is out of 'Zen in the Art of Archery': 'Seek not the target but rather to be the bow.' What? Be the bow. They get it. Become the vehicle of excellence. It has nothing to do with football. I get that door fixed. It's a detail. That's a big thing. If they come here to be the vehicle of excellence -- sportswriter, coach, athlete, computer engineer -- it's all the same. Then you see the light come on. That's the real awesome thing. They get it."

“@CoachWalters1: I'm really not going to be able to sleep tonight after the phone conversation I just had. Buffs fans tomorrow is going to be exciting!!!!!!!”

Seems like something is in motion....

Scratch that, forgot tomorrow is NSD....carry on!

Last edited:

"I have heard a lot of different offenses, defenses, combinations," he continued. "Trust me. That's not it. A quote I use a lot is out of 'Zen in the Art of Archery': 'Seek not the target but rather to be the bow.' What? Be the bow. They get it. Become the vehicle of excellence. It has nothing to do with football. I get that door fixed. It's a detail. That's a big thing. If they come here to be the vehicle of excellence -- sportswriter, coach, athlete, computer engineer -- it's all the same. Then you see the light come on. That's the real awesome thing. They get it."

My God that guy was (is) full of sh*t.

“@CoachWalters1: I'm really not going to be able to sleep tonight after the phone conversation I just had. Buffs fans tomorrow is going to be exciting!!!!!!!”

Sweet! Something new on AllBuffs for a change (off season sucks)...and it's good news! Can't wait.

I wonder if the NCAA granted him another year of eligibility.

Did he get a job offer somewhere? Kidding.

So DBT is still (mis) quoting Hawkins.

Am I the only one that would be excited if HCMM said " we are now moving on to plan double d"

Am I the only one that would be excited if HCMM said " we are now moving on to plan double d"

Plan double d might actually work...oh wait this is the d coordinator thread and not one of the threads complaining about recruiting

01ed7a00fec84c4748961f9f6155075d0ddea30947a17d635b46860c7a866697.jpg

Ktrpcx2.jpg

'Seek not the target but rather to be the bow.

Are you sure that isn't something Walton said?

If there is anything newsworthy about HCMM's comments, it's how different they are from RG's a week ago. ('I think you'll be pleasantly surprised' - as though they were closing in on their target)

Soon enough? SOON ENOUGH?! ​DID YOU JUST SAY SOON ENOUGH?!!! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure if I missed it posted yesterday here, but now we are 48 hours since Adam from Rivals told subscribers that HCMM and RG were finalizing a deal with a DC and replacement for Larussa and that we should find out this week. We are now 24 hours out from his post yesterday which stated that the expectation is the announcement will be made tomorrow at the recruiting luncheon!

He doesn't appear to know who the DC actually is or if he does know he is hiding it pretty well.

Not sure if I missed it posted yesterday here, but now we are 48 hours since Adam from Rivals told subscribers that HCMM and RG were finalizing a deal with a DC and replacement for Larussa and that we should find out this week. We are now 24 hours out from his post yesterday which stated that the expectation is the announcement will be made tomorrow at the recruiting luncheon!

He doesn't appear to know who the DC actually is or if he does know he is hiding it pretty well.

DC Chad Brown?

Forgot the sarcasm font. Sorry!! Per Rivals - the staff in Dal Ward is happy with the new staff members!

Was that on the board or a tweet or...?

Also, a true tip of the cap if they have the hire in place and no leaks. Really, really impressive to keep it quiet that long and through the entire process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back