What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotta be Chris Ball. They have worked together before.

Or maybe it's Seto or maybe it's someone that was cloned like mini Mike Mac.

Looks like a solid hire for DB coach. Any other responsibilities since Clark already coaches Safeties? Can he recruit?

If the new DC is hired and is driving out is there a limitation on the amount of driving they can do in a day? He is a University employee after all.

Hiring away a DC as position coach, are we beginning to take our football seriously? Dare I hope?

So if he has DB's then the DC will have LB'S ?? Have we explored what coaches fall in that category? I Kid

It's gotta be Chris Ball. They have worked together before.

Or maybe it's Seto or maybe it's someone that was cloned like mini Mike Mac.

I'm confused. Ball has always coached DB's. So why wouldn't they bring him in as the DC and DB's coach and let Tumpkin coach linebackers like he always has?

Could easily be wrong, doesn't make sense to me.

It's not all that surprising that Tumpkin would go from DC at CMU to a position coach at CU. Specifically, CMU still doesn't have a head coach and there is no certainty that the new Head Coach hired there would retain him...

Lumpkin has worked with LBs as well (and mainly of the last few years). My guess is he helps Clark and helps LBs. They needed a multi-faceted guy since we need help at LBs, DL and secondary like LaRussa helping DL but also keeping an eye on secondary.

The new DC is driving here? Well, that eliminates anyone from Hawaii. Seriously, we couldn't get the guy a plane ticket?

also, is anyone else concerned that Tumpkin has zero years spent specifically coaching DBs? help me out here.

The Tumpkin File
1994Lakeland CollegeGraduate Assistant
1995Northern Michigan UniversityDefensive Line/Graduate Assistant
1996Defiance CollegeLinebackers
1997Western Michigan UniversityGraduate Assistant
1998-1999Southern Illinois UniversityLinebackers/Recruiting Coordinator
2000-2001Lakeland CollegeDefensive Coordinator
2002-2004Sam Houston State UniversityLinebackers/Secondary
2006Tampa Bay BuccaneersTraining Camp (Minority Internship)
2005-2007SMULinebackers
2008-2009University of PittsburghLinebackers
2010-PresentCentral Michigan UniversityDefensive Coordinator

I think it'd be a cool touch if they hid the new DC behind a food cart at the luncheon and then announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, we present our new Defensive Coordinator" and move the food cart.

The 2nd time I LOL'd at a DBT post this year. Funny guy.

The new DC is driving here? Well, that eliminates anyone from Hawaii. Seriously, we couldn't get the guy a plane ticket?

He is driving with stuff. per adam. My guess is more than would fit in his carry on. Especially with practice starting in a week.

We've come a long way since foodcart... my goodness people are staying tightlipped

also, is anyone else concerned that Tumpkin has zero years spent specifically coaching DBs? help me out here.

The Tumpkin File
2005-2007SMULinebackers

I see 2 years as a secondary coach.

The Tumpkin File
2005-2007SMULinebackers

I wouldn't get hung up on the DB coach certainty - nothing has been announced and that is just FB scoop speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back