What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Elon @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

1st postgame round at the Darkhorse is on me if the Buffs win by less than 20 tonight.

The intangible that I would be more concerned with is that Samson is playing in front of some hometown folks and would be motivated to go off against a team that might have not recruited him.

I know I might be sounding like Lou Holtz before the Irish played Army but it's the intangibles that concerns me.
The Colorado players will be more motivated, this is arguably their biggest game of the year. Sort of like when we played KU, not their biggest game but one of our biggest ones. Bigger game for them, than us.

I still do. I expect to beat each of those teams at home, but that doesn't mean I don't worry. Those are all good teams and they'll be good games.
Ok I got the idea, that you'd be surprised if they lost to any team at home.

This is a great test tonight.

Elon is a good basketball team and I expect them to be in the Dance field come March.

But they're not that deep and they can't match CU's athleticism or size. What they can do is shoot while forcing other teams to play half court offense.

We've also got CU coming off an emotional win in a marquee game.

The past few years, Elan has been the exact type of matchup & game in which the Buffs would lay an egg. They have an opportunity to show us a big step in the right direction tonight by taking care of business. That's what the best teams do.

Like a handful of others, I'm a bit concerned. I think the emotions of the 1st week in december have worn off, but the kid from littleton shooting >50% from 3 + our often poor perimeter defense has me a bit concerned. The home crowd will help, but I wouldnt be too stunned if we went in down at half then jelly (AKA Mr 2nd Half) took over the low post and we end up winning comfortably (7+).

This game does scream TRAP though.

Ok I got the idea, that you'd be surprised if they lost to any team at home.

Pretty much

I expect a good game against all of those teams, especially against UO, UA, and UCLA. I think at home the thing that's going to win us our games is how much we get to the line and how well we shoot there, both of which are pretty good (FT shooting went down a lot after the KU game but it's been at ~77% this year prior). Our PP/100P is top 25 as well so that gives me a lot of confidence at home.

tarp.jpg

Since you're the student spokesman, what kind of attendance are you expecting tonight? Will the Broncos loss have any effect on it?

I am bringing my son in high school and 2 of his friends and sending them to the student section to help the student numbers.

I think CU will come out focused and make a point of playing well and not let up even if the opponent isn't as talented as KU and OSU. That is the next step they need to make.

Why not bring your books to the game instead?

I need to somewhat study :lol: I'll feel much better about myself if I go to the library. I'd love to go but two finals tomorrow is throwing a wrench in that plan.

If it were me and I were going to the library, I'd try to avoid it altogether. Otherwise, I'd just go to the game. But hey that's just me, not casting judgment. Everyone does things their way.

Tad's been mentioning Elon since the preseason when he was lamenting the schedule he put together. He's worked with their HC. Anyone can call this a trap game but they've had a week to prepare. There's finals. OK st is 8 days away. I can't imagine the squad has had much opportunity to even think past what they have going on right now.

Really interested to see how Buffs defend the 3 tonight. If Elon is dropping buckets deep will they get it going w/ their one big who can score? Could be interesting. Could be a blowout, but definitely not a trap game.

If it were me and I were going to the library, I'd try to avoid it altogether. Otherwise, I'd just go to the game. But hey that's just me, not casting judgment. Everyone does things their way.
You're going to make a wonderful grandma some day, '85.

That would be the smart thing buuuuut

That would be the smart thing buuuuut

If you're going to post and stream, your mind's obviously not on studying. You might as well take a break and head over to the keg and enjoy a half and then hit the books.

If you're going to post and stream, your mind's obviously not on studying. You might as well take a break and head over to the keg and enjoy a half and then hit the books.

Agree w that. and WTF is up with this "line change" that tad just pulled?

Back