What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Elon @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

Wow... Our fans are awful... Not sure there's a Friday night excuse. I know some students have Saturday exams, but I also know of plenty of students going out tonight that aren't here. This is pathetic.

Trademarks of Tad Boyle teams:

- Start slow
- Non-existent outside shooting
- Play down to competition
- Poor FT shooting

Fortunately, his other trademarks are we play D and get to the line a lot.

Trademarks of Tad Boyle teams:

- Start slow
- Non-existent outside shooting
- Play down to competition
- Poor FT shooting

Fortunately, his other trademarks are we play D and get to the line a lot.

Sounds like we've been OK from deep (mainly XJ)

And how is it that all these Nobody State teams have at least one solid 3 pt shooter and we can't find one to save our life?

We are going to ride to a 1st half lead on XJ's back. Wishing someone would step up, but glad that XJ is on again - hopefully he stays that way for the year.
7pts, 6 boards, 1 dish. 8 min left in the first half.

Last edited:
Wow... Our fans are awful... Not sure there's a Friday night excuse. I know some students have Saturday exams, but I also know of plenty of students going out tonight that aren't here. This is pathetic.

Yeah. I'm not sure what has happened with the student support, but it certainly seems to have dropped off this year. Hopefully it picks up for the conference games.

It will pick up during conf games, but I think that word has gotten out among the students that there will be no p12 conf tourney trips this year, so they have elected not to go to the games.
Sidenote, DT & XJ need to get better from the stripe. shooting in the 60% range? C'mon.

It will pick up during conf games, but I think that word has gotten out among the students that there will be no p12 conf tourney trips this year, so they have elected not to go to the games.
Sidenote, DT & XJ need to get better from the stripe. shooting in the 60% range? C'mon.

But students were going to games before it was announced that there would be tourney trips in years past with teams that weren't as good.

UP 33-11 on the boards, I think XJ has 11 of ours.

Students need to go to these games. I was in school from 03-07 and I went to as many as possible and remember when the c-unit was 4 guys in light yellow shirts with cursive writing. The team is winning, and is far better (talent wise) than anything I got to watch. Go to the games, enjoy them. If you're at norlin/law library/earth sciences library in benson (PRO TIP) streaming the game just leave, you're not focused anyway.

Hopefully I can stream the game from the library

I feel ya. I'll be in Norlin as well. Hopefully I can stream it and at least listen to it.

What the **** are you clowns talking about "hope I can stream it"? I am able watch get every game in this banana republic with 1999 download speeds, and you "hope" you can get it in what is probably the most technologically advanced places in Colorado?

SMH

What the **** are you clowns talking about "hope I can stream it"? I am able watch get every game in this banana republic with 1999 download speeds, and you "hope" you can get it in what is probably the most technologically advanced places in Colorado?

SMH

Agree, I dont have a ****ing tv, and I've had no problem getting mark johnsons stream (Iheart radio OR cubuffs.com) every game.

I think Quatro was probably talking about video streams, more so then Mark Johnson's audio feed

Agree w that. and WTF is up with this "line change" that tad just pulled?

IMO he sat his starters' asses on the bench and brought in XT, Mills, and the frosh in order to send a message, i.e., "Get your ****ing heads out of your asses. We have a deep bench that is getting better and better as they get more minutes ... and they'll get even more if you guys don't get your ****ing heads out of your ****ing asses. Capische?"

It seems to have worked. :nod:

Hear you there. Wish I was in state, so I could go to more.

Im lucky enough to live 2 hours away (closer than a fair amount of fans on the slope and in the mtns). Still a trek, and aside from zona, Im out for basically all the weeknight games.

IMO he sat his starters' asses on the bench and brought in XT, Mills, and the frosh in order to send a message, i.e., "Get your ****ing heads out of your asses. We have a deep bench that is getting better and better as they get more minutes ... and they'll get even more if you guys don't get your ****ing heads out of your ****ing asses. Capische?"

It seems to have worked. :nod:

that is pretty much exactly what he did, its called coaching.

It seems to have worked pretty well. This is why tad is a rainmaker, and Im sitting here with a bunch of empty bombers trying to drown my sorrows.

Are those both actually in sync with each other?

No. The radio feed is ahead of the video, so I have to pause the radio feed to sync them.

Edit - which is why I don't typically comment on real-time events. I'm usally about 30 seconds to a minuet behind.

Back