What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email Todd Saliman About Transfer Rules

I suggest a letter writing campaign targeting RG, copying TS, Skipping PD.

Dear Rick

I’ll be brief. You are busy.

I am concerned about transfer impediments and your ability hire a quality HC with current PTD requirements and no collective.

Many of us have communicated with President Saliman directly on the transfer issue. And we now know his thoughts.

I’d greatly appreciated a response on the topics of onerous transfer requirements and no collective.

Thank you. Go Buffs.
Dear Rick,

I’ll be brief. You pretend to be busy.

Go **** yourself.

Hugs & kisses,

Goose

Got my response yesterday as well. I actually really like his comments outside of the defending of the little bald man. Although, it is only a slight defense of him. very positive response.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your email and for your work with the Denver Forever Buffs. I appreciate your perspective. The issues you raise are the issues we are working hard to solve. I agree that we should be in the same position as some of the universities you cited. I expect us to generate ideas and actions on how we can improve, and we will. You and many others have shared your thoughts on the program, which I appreciate. I hear you. I would also note that Chancellor DiStefano has been in his position for a little over a decade, not the past two. I also believe that no one person is responsible for where we are and no one person will fix things. Just like with a successful football program, it will take a team. Thanks for being part of that team.

Sincerely, Todd
I read that as a very good response. I’m cautiously optimistic. Probably another kick to the plums, but I’m still going to be cautiously optimistic.

We know they quit when a bigger school started going after a recruit, why wouldn’t they quit when thing got tougher at CU as well. They can stick with freshmen and grad transfers or they can spend a few hours putting together a PTD package for the enrollment people. I could see them punting on having to do more work.
Hrmmm. Nepotism hire not willing to put in the work?

I've never seen that happen in any organization ever.

Apparently Vol FB didn't get the message:

Also RG sucks.

Actual clever fundraising tactic. Link takes you straight to the general giving page, and has a button for $52.49 for the final score of the game and one for $1019.15 for the capacity of the stadium.

Their campaign is 57% funded at $86,124. It doesn't cost $151,000 for goal posts. More like $30,000 for a pair of the highest quality ones.

Got my response yesterday as well. I actually really like his comments outside of the defending of the little bald man. Although, it is only a slight defense of him. very positive response.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your email and for your work with the Denver Forever Buffs. I appreciate your perspective. The issues you raise are the issues we are working hard to solve. I agree that we should be in the same position as some of the universities you cited. I expect us to generate ideas and actions on how we can improve, and we will. You and many others have shared your thoughts on the program, which I appreciate. I hear you. I would also note that Chancellor DiStefano has been in his position for a little over a decade, not the past two. I also believe that no one person is responsible for where we are and no one person will fix things. Just like with a successful football program, it will take a team. Thanks for being part of that team.

Sincerely, Todd
FWIW, "Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano was appointed chancellor on May 5, 2009.

But:

FWIW, "Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano was appointed chancellor on May 5, 2009.

But:

I swear, I have all the luck in the world. May 5th is my ****ing birthday. :mad:

Do you miss out on good birthday presents because everybody is celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Cause that would suck.
No, I still get nice gifts, appreciate those. My b-day means nothing to me, just another day I get older. Only time I really enjoy it is when it falls on a Friday or Saturday, it never seems to. :(

Actual clever fundraising tactic. Link takes you straight to the general giving page, and has a button for $52.49 for the final score of the game and one for $1019.15 for the capacity of the stadium.

Their campaign is 57% funded at $86,124. It doesn't cost $151,000 for goal posts. More like $30,000 for a pair of the highest quality ones.
That fund raising total includes a $100k installation fee and $21k calibration fee.

That fund raising total includes a $100k installation fee and $21k calibration fee.
Calibration? Anyway, that made me think of an improvement to football. When the play clock hits 10 seconds, the goal posts start rotating slowly, so the target effectively gets smaller as the play develops.

Can’t afford him.
Are you sure he’s paid? I think he’s a volunteer.
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

I'm biased. But college football's reminding me of the republican party. Nothing matters except winning. Even if it means saying, "I'm proud I'm represented by Herschel"

keep politics out of football

@manhattanbuff over under $10M to transfer for cam newton if he played in todays game.
Obviously Manhattan's opinion (if different than mine) is going to be more accurate, but Quinn Ewers total NIL money is around $4 million and he's the highest ratest prospect EVER. So for Newton, I would guess max he would get double that so $8 mill. I'd probably say closer to $6 but again, what do I know. I just don't foresee $10m going to a guy for 2 years of play.

Obviously Manhattan's opinion (if different than mine) is going to be more accurate, but Quinn Ewers total NIL money is around $4 million and he's the highest ratest prospect EVER. So for Newton, I would guess max he would get double that so $8 mill. I'd probably say closer to $6 but again, what do I know. I just don't foresee $10m going to a guy for 2 years of play.
sir, how can you forget about Nico and Tennessee

$8,000,000

"No one will acknowledge whether Iamaleava is the player who is the subject of the marketing deal that The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel detailed last month. That deal will pay its subject as much as $8 million in exchange for the collective marketing revenue made off the player’s NIL rights for the next four years. Iamaleava’s father Nick offered a quick “no comment” when asked about the deal Saturday. But within 10 days of the deal being signed, Iamaleava committed to Tennessee. Knoxville-based marketing agency Spyre Sports is the group dealing with the most current Tennessee players, and appears to be on the cutting edge of NIL deals compared to most of its competitors."

You never know. I could totally see someone like Red McCombs forking that over to see a winner before death.

sir, how can you forget about Nico and Tennessee

$8,000,000

"No one will acknowledge whether Iamaleava is the player who is the subject of the marketing deal that The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel detailed last month. That deal will pay its subject as much as $8 million in exchange for the collective marketing revenue made off the player’s NIL rights for the next four years. Iamaleava’s father Nick offered a quick “no comment” when asked about the deal Saturday. But within 10 days of the deal being signed, Iamaleava committed to Tennessee. Knoxville-based marketing agency Spyre Sports is the group dealing with the most current Tennessee players, and appears to be on the cutting edge of NIL deals compared to most of its competitors."
Fair point. Although, sounds like that $8 million would be over 4 years of college play when realistically, if he ends up being worth that kind of money, it comes to $2 million per year of play. When Cam transfered from Florida he had two (maybe 3 I can't recall) years to play which would put him at $4 or $6 million respectively with a similar deal.

Calibration? Anyway, that made me think of an improvement to football. When the play clock hits 10 seconds, the goal posts start rotating slowly, so the target effectively gets smaller as the play develops.
I've always thought you should get a point for each post you hit. Could in theory get a 6 pt field goal - 3 for it going in, 1 for each upright and one for the crossbar.

Back