What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree noticed the lack of effort by some on the team today

That would mean you're penciling in road wins already, which is ****ing hilarious.
No it wouldn't. FCS is a home game, CSU is essentially a home game. We play UCLA, Utah, Stanford, UW, and ASU at home. We can win one or two of those and this road streak has to end sometime. I'm penciling in CSU and the FCS game as wins, that's it but 5 wins is realistic.

That was also a Dan Hawkins coached team, Jon Embree is a 180 degree turn from him and while we haven't won games, we've done a lot better in them than we would have if Hawkins was the coach.

Stop dude, just stop. We're losing on a weekly basis 50-10, and that's because teams are taking their foot off the gas early in the 2nd quarter. Just stop.

uh, we lost 2 winnable games at home and have been blown out in the last 5 games. Embree's philosophy is a 180 turn from Hawk but he hasn't shown anything that's good with his "coaching" yet.
WSU and Cal>Montana State. The games we've been blown it in are also top 20 teams and two are top 10 teams, not really sure what you were expecting with the amount of injuries and lack of talent we have.

I think he's just talking about the number of chickens we might have when it's all over, compared to the number of eggs we started with.
Embree has to get rid of the players that are lacking in effort. Those guys don't belong on the football field, much less in a uniform, unless it's a skirt. They are a cancer to any team.

WSU and Cal>Montana State. The games we've been blown it in are also top 20 teams and two are top 10 teams, not really sure what you were expecting with the amount of injuries and lack of talent we have.

And a highly inexperienced staff learning on the job.

Embree has to get rid of the players that are lacking in effort. Those guys don't belong on the football field, much less in a uniform, unless it's a skirt. They are a cancer to any team.
This. I really don't know how you wouldn't show emotion and pride if you're getting stomped.

That was also a Dan Hawkins coached team, Jon Embree is a 180 degree turn from him and while we haven't won games, we've done a lot better in them than we would have if Hawkins was the coach.

180 degree turn? We are much worse this year than last, man.

Here we go again. Bashing players. Bashing coaches. Bashing each other. :lol:

180 degree turn? We are much worse this year than last, man.
Yeah but we also lost four draft picks, had six home games, and a leader on D and yet we still beat CSU this year. CSU will have a new coach next year and CSU is far, far worse than we are.

Yeah but we also lost four draft picks, had six home games, and a leader on D and yet we still beat CSU this year. CSU will have a new coach next year and CSU is far, far worse than we are.

Oh, well that makes me feel much better.... and I am not sure what this post is supposed to mean.

How is CSU far, far worse than we are? I would not pick us to win ANY game right now.

Outside of Miller I haven't heard you guys mention anybody that is just mailing it in. Those who go to games see more than a guy who is 700 miles away watching on a computer screen - so who besides the big man is mailing in their efforts from week to week?

I know Coach Embree said in some cases they have no one else but it sure is a poison to have someone on the field who isn't giving their all. Why are these kids not putting in the effort? I know Hawkspeak gets the blame but they aren't stupid and they are hearing a different sermon now. What gives are they just not buying in?? Are they Hawk loyalists that were against his firing and determined to be the stick in the mud for the new staff?

The day CU measures it's football by beating csu is the day the buffalo died.

Outside of Miller I haven't heard you guys mention anybody that is just mailing it in. Those who go to games see more than a guy who is 700 miles away watching on a computer screen - so who besides the big man is mailing in their efforts from week to week?

I know Coach Embree said in some cases they have no one else but it sure is a poison to have someone on the field who isn't giving their all. Why are these kids not putting in the effort? I know Hawkspeak gets the blame but they aren't stupid and they are hearing a different sermon now. What gives are they just not buying in?? Are they Hawk loyalists that were against his firing and determined to be the stick in the mud for the new staff?
That would be a good idea. Have a bunch of message board wannabe coaches start calling out players on the Internet.

This shows how down we are. You are comparing our ****iness to CSU's. Ugh.

I'm gonna go ahead and just call out the offensive line... If you can't move the ball 1 foot forward when you have 1st and goal then you have no heart....2-3 yards okay but one foot give me a break. That was pathetic!

Back