What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Time to stop upgrading dorms and academic facilities too, I guess.

20121003_030455_pool.jpg

regular students like cool **** too.

I finally saw some actual plans and details...that were not there when Bohn was the AD. I guess that explains why Bohn is no longer the AD at CU.

I know we are all concerned about football and rightfully so since it does drive the rest of the AD, but this is very concerning coming from one of our national champion runners.

[tweet]408328422557876225[/tweet]

Time to stop upgrading dorms and academic facilities too, I guess.

Good point. Apparently the Center for Community was for a bunch of 35+ year olds. :woot:

Come to think of it, isn't EVERY building on that campus for the benefit of a bunch of 17-22 year olds?

Sorry if this is in the report but any specifics on the retail space at the south end?

What types of places would they lease out to?

Sorry if this is in the report but any specifics on the retail space at the south end?

What types of places would they lease out to?

12,000 sq ft of retail. Other than that it is unknown. I would imagine restaurants and probably sports apparel kind of stuff would love to move in there ASAP.

I wish there was a way/plan to make push all seats closer into the field (ie. increase the angle of the seats to increase number of decibels during games.

first of all this proves how bad Bohn was. Its great to see George bring kind of a professional look at CU athletics with the retail space. Seems like more of a professional stadium with that.

Good point. Apparently the Center for Community was for a bunch of 35+ year olds. :woot:

Come to think of it, isn't EVERY building on that campus for the benefit of a bunch of 17-22 year olds?

This is what happens when you have people that believe that the research is more important than anything else. They just can't grasp the synergy that comes with having all customers satisfied; students, student athletes, alumni, fans and yes, research.

Everything looks good but I'd like to see some artist's conceptions of all this when it's all said and done...the schematics and blueprints are helpful but don't fully paint the picture for me...

Everything looks good but I'd like to see some artist's conceptions of all this when it's all said and done...the schematics and blueprints are helpful but don't fully paint the picture for me...

unfortunately that will not be out probably until the summer. It will go out to bid for design as soon as the regents approve

Not to be a complete Debbie Downer, but it's not like the Regents have approved anything difficult, like funding for this stuff. They're basically saying "yeah, you want to do that. Sure. If you can pay for it yourself". We have heard nothing about how the fundraising is coming along to pay for this.

And I'll say this again - there are construction projects taking place on the campus all the time. The CFC, the giant new utilities building behind the Keg, additions to the Engineering Center, etc. Why would it be so out-of-line for athletic facilities to be included in those facility improvements? Why can't some of this be financed by the University itself?

Not to be a complete Debbie Downer, but it's not like the Regents have approved anything difficult, like funding for this stuff. They're basically saying "yeah, you want to do that. Sure. If you can pay for it yourself". We have heard nothing about how the fundraising is coming along to pay for this.

And I'll say this again - there are construction projects taking place on the campus all the time. The CFC, the giant new utilities building behind the Keg, additions to the Engineering Center, etc. Why would it be so out-of-line for athletic facilities to be included in those facility improvements? Why can't some of this be financed by the University itself?

The reno of Dal Ward should be financed by the University, at least partially. There is a significant upgrade to classroom and academic spaces going in there. Also that research area they are talking about building would be a good thing for the university to help with too.

Back