What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fearless predictions for CU's 2018 season

Hot take...QB's dont' need to be "leaders", especially if you mean vocal leaders. "Vocal leaders" are overrated IMO. I'd prefer him to go out there and play, and keep his mouth shut, and take care of business. I hate the frat signs, but dunking the ball over the goal post is fine, and if you don't think so, you're old and out of touch. I suppose you think Tony Gonzalez was a bad teammate and leader because he dunked it after every TD. Oh wait, is it OK for him to do it because he's not a QB? You must hate when Tom Brady emphatically spikes it and screams at everyone when he takes a QB sneak 1 yard for a TD.
What did MM and Roper think of the dunk?

Since this is a prediction thread...

I really looked forward to the hard hits the last few years from Laguda, Moeller, and Tedric; with those guys gone, who will be the guy on D that will lay the most wood this season? Falo? Lewis or Worthington?

Last edited:
More Blah blah blah

Let's hear more fearless predictions!

The offense will finish somewhere between 4th and 122nd in scoring offense.

The defense will finish somewhere between 14th and 107th in scoring defense.

Am I missing anything?

That is true. They jumped on it quickly, appropriately so in my opinion. Not leader behavior.
You have to understand where I'm coming from though. I want our team to be good, know they're good, and let everyone else know how good they are. Showmanship is a beautiful thing that sports are missing too much these days. I want us to win and look like 1980's-early 2000's Miami doing it.

The OL and DL are a huge concern to me and I hope montez matured and leads this program.

I think 8 wins isnt too high or low.

Let's hear more fearless predictions!

The offense will finish somewhere between 4th and 122nd in scoring offense.

The defense will finish somewhere between 14th and 107th in scoring defense.

Am I missing anything?

Can I call you douche man.

Last edited:
I paid absolutely no attention to CU football from the early 90's until 2016, when I started following them again. Because of that I don't have the memory of all those horrible years biasing my expectations. What I saw in 2016 was a competitive team that won the close games and was pretty much in every game until the post season. As bad as they were last year, there were a lot of games they should have won, but for a lot of reasons didn't. Maybe after all those years of following some really bad teams a lot of people subconsciously feel we really are not on par with most of the teams in the PAC12. What I see is that other than Washington, USC, and maybe Stanford and Oregon, we have the talent, facilities, and coaching to be competitive and win against anyone else in the PAC12, at home or away, and to take one away from the top tier teams every few years. I see 7 or 8 wins this year. If not the coaches are not doing their job.

Since this is a prediction thread...

I really looked forward to the hard hits the last few years from Laguda, Moeller, and Tedric; with those guys gone, who will be the guy on D that will lay the most wood this season? Falo? Lewis or Worthington?
Totally agree. Wanna see Landman and Callier and Taylor lay QBs and RBs and TEs the **** out. No targeting or anything stupid, just gold helmet to red/white jersey driving their sorry asses to the ground in Lincoln, play after ****ing play. Might not be a fearless prediction, but a prediction of a fearless D is all I need right now.

Back