What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fearless predictions for CU's 2018 season

(link zoosk website here, with personal matches and messages)
Preseason Massey ratings for your analysis.
This may be the most hilarious unintentional cut and paste of all time. Quoted for posterity.

I see you have 21 messages and some diversity to your tastes - get busy! Reallysporty may be a good match for you, but she wouldn’t be my type.

I didn’t see anything from Massey, though. Maybe you were hoping he would help you rate your matches?

Edit - I came back here to edit this post, because even though it might be the funniest mistake ever, it was a little too personal. Props to Buffsurveyor for laughing at the situation and politely asking me to delete the link in a PM as well.

Last edited:
At risk of repeating myself, 6 wins and a bowl loss to some mid level crap school. Just enough do the believers stay on board and the haters can’t stand it.

At risk of repeating myself, 6 wins and a bowl loss to some mid level crap school. Just enough do the believers stay on board and the haters can’t stand it.
I'm no 'tini or anything, but I never understood a fan who would look for the most negative prediction before the season. If you're so certain you'll be letdown, will you even watch?

I'm no 'tini or anything, but I never understood a fan who would look for the most negative prediction before the season. If you're so certain you'll be letdown, will you even watch?
For the same reason I repeatedly ask out women way out of my league.

Because sometimes, no matter how sure of defeat you were, fate just looks down on you and smiles.

I used to be over the top in my fandom. I just see a line ripe for exploiting, with the loss of a stud back. We have very good recievers, but without Taz, it will be tough.
If I’m wrong,I’ll be happier than a dog on a meat truck.

Last edited:
6 wins and a bowl loss is not enough for me. If after 6 years that’s all we expect, we should just shut down the football program.

6 wins and a bowl loss is not enough for me. If after 6 years that’s all we expect, we should just shut down the football program.
I feel that way to, but don’t think the academics at CU have the spine to let a six win coach go. It would be an admission that winning matters.

Montez blooms, tossing 3500 w 30 ads and 7 ints, rushes for 400 and a few Tds as well. O-line is solid, with Moretti and Sherman developing well. D. Taylor is 1st team Pac-12. Buffs go 8-4, win bowl game. MM stays, @Duff Man gets a Montez face tattoo on his calf.
...Montez gets a tattoo of himself as Batman on his own face.

Last edited:
We need 8 this year and scratch our way to 6 next year. That would put in bowls 3 out of 4 years and two in a row. It would help recruiting immeasurably.

Especially since it would mean we aren't breaking in a new coaching staff.

It is getting to the point with this head coach (who I like and hope is here for a long time) needs to win or be gone.

He got a lot of extra time because the program he took over wasn't just a dumpster fire, it was a dumpster fire at a tire shop. He is now far enough in though that the entire roster is his and has been close to that for the past couple years. He has also had plenty of time to evaluate staff and make changes.

He also now has the facilities to compete, he has an administration that has been willing to work with him on admissions and Jucos, he has been given support to work with student athletes who have stepped off the path.

It is now time to win.

Especially since it would mean we aren't breaking in a new coaching staff.

It is getting to the point with this head coach (who I like and hope is here for a long time) needs to win or be gone.

He got a lot of extra time because the program he took over wasn't just a dumpster fire, it was a dumpster fire at a tire shop. He is now far enough in though that the entire roster is his and has been close to that for the past couple years. He has also had plenty of time to evaluate staff and make changes.

He also now has the facilities to compete, he has an administration that has been willing to work with him on admissions and Jucos, he has been given support to work with student athletes who have stepped off the path.

It is now time to win.
Agreed. While the 2019 recruiting class appears to be shaping up nicely, closing those arrangements won’t happen until December at the earliest, when the season is said and done. Which means winning this year, when the schedule is favorable, is absolutely vital to closing those deals and hopefully snaring a couple of the blue-chippers sniffing around the program right now. Just win.

RealTime RPI not having it.

GAMER Predictions
08-31 at Colorado St. 0-0 (0-0)87 Scouting 26-36 L
09-08 at Nebraska 0-0 (0-0)88 Scouting 21-31 L
09-15 New Hampshire 0-0 (0-0)145 Scouting 38-20 W
09-28 UCLA 0-0 (0-0)64 Scouting 33-34 L
10-06 Arizona St. 0-0 (0-0)50 Scouting 32-38 L
10-13 at USC 0-0 (0-0)10 Scouting 18-42 L
10-20 at Washington 0-0 (0-0)13 Scouting 12-41 L
10-27 Oregon St. 0-0 (0-0)126 Scouting 36-22 W
11-02 at Arizona 0-0 (0-0)67 Scouting 26-45 L
11-10 Washington St. 0-0 (0-0)25 Scouting 23-30 L
11-17 Utah 0-0 (0-0)60 Scouting 25-29 L
11-24 at California 0-0 (0-0)80 Scouting 28-34 L
GAMER Projected Record: 2-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not that I put a ton of stock in it, but...oof.

Back