What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

February 6th Signing Day Big Board & Recruiting News

So in terms of national headlines. Florida, Auburn, LSU, Clemson and Bama appear like they are going to close well. Washington looks like they should close on a couple guys to close the gap with Oregon for top class in the conference. USC will pick up a couple of guys per usual too.

Washington is going to end up with a killer defensive class, as good as any in the country.

Would have to be LaVontae since he and Elam are the only real targets left, right? Maybe a surprise?
Honestly have no idea. Assuming LaVontae, but it was posted ~35 mins after LaVontae's commitment became public, so if MP was aware LaVontae was already public, not sure why he'd be "not saying nothing" now.
giphy.gif

Gotta be Elam or someone new that’s going to make us all happy. Or the worse timing ever.
I think Perry and Mangham had reached out to Vontae, and are now waiting for him to announce rather than go by the report, I'd guess that's what Perry is referencing considering Mangham tweeted this to Vontae as well even after the report and there's been some interaction between all three of them:

Honestly have no idea. Assuming LaVontae, but it was posted ~35 mins after LaVontae's commitment became public, so if MP was aware LaVontae was already public, not sure why he'd be "not saying nothing" now.
giphy.gif

Maybe, because he’s not allowed to discuss specific recruits until they’re signed. But, hoping it’s another late addition like Elam or a shocking flip at the QB position.

Maybe, because he’s not allowed to discuss specific recruits until they’re signed. But, hoping it’s another late addition like Elam or a shocking flip at the QB position.
Who's not allowed? MP can discuss all day long.

Buffs picked up an in-state walk-on QB today with Cherokee Trail's Grant Ciccarone. Good size (6'3" 212) and was pretty efficient as a passer within his school's run-focused offense, making all-conference. Pocket passer who completed about 63% with 14.5 yards per completion and 12 TDs to 4 INTs as a senior. Hardly played as a junior, which certainly limited his recruiting.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/gra...Eea-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm

No Elam but feel good about this class.

Where are we with scholarships and are we anticipating any late JUCO or Grad Transfer efforts to be made? Safety? OL?

What about that Punter (not Kinney) that was slated to come in?

No Elam but feel good about this class.

Where are we with scholarships and are we anticipating any late JUCO or Grad Transfer efforts to be made? Safety? OL?

What about that Punter (not Kinney) that was slated to come in?
Another punter? Or are you thinking about the transfer from Vandy who joined as a walk-on this fall as a walk-on while redshirting?

'19 Class superlatives

Speed Demon: DJ Oats ATH
Hands of Glue: Shenault WR
Most likely to stomp a dude: Lloyd Murray Jr DT
Start day 1: Vaatofu Sauvau OG
Biggest surprise: KJ Trujillo CB
Play both ways: Jaren Mangham RB/LB
Future Star: Valentin Senn OT

'19 Class superlatives

Should add superlative: Most likely to amputate Martinez's leg (perhaps it's a corollary to 'stomp a dude'...)

'19 Class superlatives

Ham was the biggest surprise to me. Out of nowhere with a quick commitment.

Ham was the biggest surprise to me. Out of nowhere with a quick commitment.
Haha, good call. . . I think what I meant was Trujillo will surprise on the field. Looking back he might be one of those guys that we are truly grateful that we were able to land.

Another punter? Or are you thinking about the transfer from Vandy who joined as a walk-on this fall as a walk-on while redshirting?
Yes. Was thinking about Vandy punter. Wondering his status with Kinney presumably back in the Fall.

Yes. Was thinking about Vandy punter. Wondering his status with Kinney presumably back in the Fall.
I don't see how we possibly have room under the 85. Especially if Price remains on scholarship. 3 punters/ kickers is a lot already.

Back