What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

February 6th Signing Day Big Board & Recruiting News

Coach T needs to learn how to drive in the snow. I thought he went to Wisconsin. :D
Lots of stuff getting cancelled. All Boulder Valley Schhol District stuff after school hours stuff from kids stuff to PTA has been called off tonight.

Reactions: DBT
Juicebox got 23 months

"10 Wins And No Excuses" - Mark It Down Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:58pm
With Hawkins, it was that 2009 recruiting class that put me in “win or it’s over” more for that season. Then they didn’t win and he kept his job anyway.

With Embree, I knew it was over after Sac State. It was just that bad from the jump.

MacIntyre lost me with the @Utah performance in 2017 but had me back at 5-0. OSU was it for me, though.

Here's something gross to think about- Alabama signed 27 players and only one of them was a 3-star.
giphy.gif

I had mentally blocked DII from my memory. I forgot how horrid it was in 2009-2010 until I went looking for his 10 wins quote.
Embree was just lost from the beginning but I gave up after the famous 1st down QB dive against UW
Mac would still be here if they win the OSU game and go to a bowl.

With Hawkins, it was that 2009 recruiting class that put me in “win or it’s over” more for that season. Then they didn’t win and he kept his job anyway.

With Embree, I knew it was over after Sac State. It was just that bad from the jump.

MacIntyre lost me with the @Utah performance in 2017 but had me back at 5-0. OSU was it for me, though.

That Oregon St game was one for the record books. How on earth do you lose to a cellar dwelling Oregon St team at home when you lead 31-3 half way through the 3rd? Not only that, we held them to 2.5 yards per rush and 6 yards/pass, won the turnover battle, the field position battle, and still ****ing lost. I still can't believe that happened.

That Oregon St game was one for the record books. How on earth do you lose to a cellar dwelling Oregon St team at home when you lead 31-3 half way through the 3rd? Not only that, we held them to 2.5 yards per rush and 6 yards/pass, won the turnover battle, the field position battle, and still ****ing lost. I still can't believe that happened.
Thank God it did though. No games played and I’m still so happy with MT.

Every coach says this. Most mean this. But at the end of the day we see that as coaches are getting the guys they rate the highest for their program that the star ranks on the recruiting sites go up accordingly. That said, when you're not getting the blue chips good talent evaluation makes a world of difference. That's one thing that I felt that MacIntyre was personally great at (he just didn't emphasize recruiting enough with his assistant hires).

Lots of stuff getting cancelled. All Boulder Valley Schhol District stuff after school hours stuff from kids stuff to PTA has been called off tonight.
A couple inches of snow and Colorado shuts down, says more about us and how wussy we are. Very sad, but safe travels to all.

I was right with Nik, I specifically remember how I felt after that Utah performance And I was ready to move on. Thought he had gotten it back for 5-0 only to become the 2nd team in the modern era of football to go 5-0 and not make it to a bowl

around the Pac12:
Utah signed Jordan Wilmore, a long time USC RB commit today.
Puka Nakua, from Utah still hasn't signed as of this writing.

Utah also signed an OL from Australia, via Mater Dei and an OL from England, from a KS Juco... link

Article includes link for the signing day notes which includes the current spring roster. No mention of Jaunta'vius Johnson though. He must be a summer enrollee after all.

Article includes link for the signing day notes which includes the current spring roster. No mention of Jaunta'vius Johnson though. He must be a summer enrollee after all.

Fillip is also listed as a returning letterman as well so that’s good news

Every coach says this. Most mean this. But at the end of the day we see that as coaches are getting the guys they rate the highest for their program that the star ranks on the recruiting sites go up accordingly. That said, when you're not getting the blue chips good talent evaluation makes a world of difference. That's one thing that I felt that MacIntyre was personally great at (he just didn't emphasize recruiting enough with his assistant hires).

I think he tried a bit too hard with not worrying about who is offering which players. Of course coaching staffs pay attention to stuff like that, for good reason.

Update on Jaunta'vius Johnson...he's no longer enrolled at CU. That didn't last long.

One of my favorite things is listening to Colorado natives falling over themselves talking about the "hard core" olden days.

I was right with Nik, I specifically remember how I felt after that Utah performance And I was ready to move on. Thought he had gotten it back for 5-0 only to become the 2nd team in the modern era of football to go 5-0 and not make it to a bowl
I was a staunch supporter until he cried at Nebraska. I realized then that he didn’t get it.

Back