What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Final Weekend - recruiting hotlist

Such a disappointing end to the season and year for this team. Striking out on big recruits right and left...COY sure helped...what a joke.

Such a disappointing end to the season and year for this team. Striking out on big recruits right and left...COY sure helped...what a joke.

You again.Did you really think cu had any chance with chaisson? Yeah, losing newman and osling hurt and by all accounts, we're not getting falo or daniels.

But if roddick and the te come, those are good gets.

The coaches leaving for whoregon, Tumpkin situation and MM taking his sweet time replacing them hurt their recruiting, especially db's and DL.

But this is the best class in years, no, it's not the strong finish we hoped for but it beats being in the upper 60s and next to last in recruiting in pac12.

Last edited:

It's funny how you refer to MM as "COY" when you can use it in a negative way. The buffs make you miserable and you make all
of us miserable so why not pick a new team? You can buy Alabama stuff anywhere these days.

I think most would agree with the first sentence of your post. The rest of your post definitely fits your agenda, though.

If Falo does not commit I don't see us getting anyone else other than a few non rated players. And what happened with cottman? I thought they were supposed to be a package deal?

Guys, arguing with 06 is like trying to talk with a Raiders fan who still thinks they are defending SB championships. His agenda doesn't have to bear any resemblance to reality for him to make the argument.

If Falo does not commit I don't see us getting anyone else other than a few non rated players. And what happened with cottman? I thought they were supposed to be a package deal?

We may end up with a good TE, even if Falo goes elsewhere.

Falo and Cotton were never a real package deal. It got repeated over and over for no reason.

I would be okay with poplawski as a 2nd place prize. I think either way we should all stop and realize that this is a REALLY good class. We were in on some very high recruits, some we got and some we lost. It's disappointing to not get cotton, falo and Newman but that's recruiting. The fact we're in on these kids till the end shows how far we've turned this thing around. Take what we have and field a competitive team and look good and keep the momentum rolling.

I would be okay with poplawski as a 2nd place prize. I think either way we should all stop and realize that this is a REALLY good class. We were in on some very high recruits, some we got and some we lost. It's disappointing to not get cotton, falo and Newman but that's recruiting. The fact we're in on these kids till the end shows how far we've turned this thing around. Take what we have and field a competitive team and look good and keep the momentum rolling.

This is what I'm talking about. The whole argument about how we got kids talking but then they decided to go somewhere else. This is a weak point of view in my opinion. After a 10 win season with a coach who got national accolades, plus the new facilities we should be roping in more of these top recruits who showed interest.

Fact is, to me, CU lacks leadership to finish. Momentum, what momentum? We had everything set up and shat the bed. CU always finds ways to be CU. I'm not a glass is half full guy, don't give a **** about optimism, especially when we should be doing better considering what we had a did with it.

This is what I'm talking about. The whole argument about how we got kids talking but then they decided to go somewhere else. This is a weak point of view in my opinion. After a 10 win season with a coach who got national accolades, plus the new facilities we should be roping in more of these top recruits who showed interest.

Fact is, to me, CU lacks leadership to finish. Momentum, what momentum? We had everything set up and shat the bed. CU always finds ways to be CU. I'm not a glass is half full guy, don't give a **** about optimism, especially when we should be doing better considering what we had a did with it.
Ok. So the fact we have the 3rd best class in the conference isn't good enough? This just in, we had one good season. ONE! One season doesnt start netting anyone top ten classes outside the southeast.

Bed shatter - That's no fact, that's an opinion.

So, it appears that the last remaining targets are:

Nick Ford – DL, visited 1/28. Will pick between CU, UW, Utah, Cal on 2/1.
Terrance Lang – DE (USC commit) visited 1/28. Decision date TBD
Casey Roddick - decommitted from Cal. Visited 1/28. Announces 2/1.
Jared Poplawski - ASU commit visiting this weekend. ASU without a TE or OC coach.
Jalen Harris – DE, Decommit from AZ, visited ND 1/27
Damion Daniels – DT, visited NU then CU, UTSA also in play. Believed to be NU lean.
Josh Falo – TE USC & Colorado - decision on 2/1.
Chris Miller - visited Ole Miss Jan 21 and apparently Baylor (on the down low) the weekend before.

Random questions:

* Would Buffs still take/have room for Daniels "if" he wanted to go Buff?
* Haven't heard a word about Harris. Is he still in play?
* Is it a huge deal if CU doesn't end up with a TE? I really want Falo, but nobody really knows how much he would be used.

Hoping the Buffs can end with:
Roddick
Ford/Lang
Falo/Poplawski

Would love to be surprised with a Harris or Daniels.

What is up with Chris miller?? Unless this is premium info I can wait till tomorrow. Just curious why it's been so quiet, thought he was going to announce.

So, it appears that the last remaining targets are:

Nick Ford – DL, visited 1/28. Will pick between CU, UW, Utah, Cal on 2/1.
Terrance Lang – DE (USC commit) visited 1/28. Decision date TBD
Casey Roddick - decommitted from Cal. Visited 1/28. Announces 2/1.
Jared Poplawski - ASU commit visiting this weekend. ASU without a TE or OC coach.
Jalen Harris – DE, Decommit from AZ, visited ND 1/27
Damion Daniels – DT, visited NU then CU, UTSA also in play. Believed to be NU lean.
Josh Falo – TE USC & Colorado - decision on 2/1.
Chris Miller - visited Ole Miss Jan 21 and apparently Baylor (on the down low) the weekend before.

Random questions:

* Is it a huge deal if CU doesn't end up with a TE? I really want Falo, but nobody really knows how much he would be used.

Hoping the Buffs can end with:
Roddick
Ford/Lang
Falo/Poplawski

Would love to be surprised with a Harris or Daniels.

I'd guess Daniels would be a take given we don't have a frosh NT in this class.
Harris seems to have moved on, so we appear out.
Yes. We need a TE, although Falo and Poplawski are different types as discussed elsewhere.

I agree with Slider above but hold out hope that we pick up either Ford or Lang.
A kicker makes an immediate impact if we can get a good one.

I'd guess Daniels would be a take given we don't have a frosh NT in this class.
Harris seems to have moved on, so we appear out.
Yes. We need a TE, although Falo and Poplawski are different types as discussed elsewhere.
Doesn't Sami count as a frosh NT?

I don't think he will play NT at nearly 6'6", I am thinking he's a 3 technique.
There isn't a height restriction to play NT, you just don't see it very often because guys that big and tall either don't move well enough, aren't able to stay low enough, or simply translate far better to the Offensive Line. From all accounts, this kid moves extremely well for his size, so athleticism shouldn't be a question. If he's able to develop consistent pad-level and technique, I don't see why he can't play the 0 tech. Either way, having a kid with his combination of size and athleticism playing any spot between a 0, 3, or 5 tech should be a plus for what we currently have on the roster.

If we had Sami at 6'6" and well over 300lbs on one side of the nose and Lang at 6'7" and probably filling out well over 280 lbs at the other we would have a massive DL. When the arms went up it would be hard to throw over them.

I do think though that as some others have mentioned Lang may very well end up at OT.

Back