What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

Udoffia has been mentioned by multiple players as a guy that is flashing in practice. That bodes well for the secondary. Oliver, Wigley, Julmisse, and Udoffia could be a nice rotation.
Definitely talented at CB, but inexperienced.
Nick Fisher seems ready at Safety, and White also flashing, plus Fo. Also hearing Sanchez is having a good spring.
We seem to be able to reload at DB and don't have to worry about Espy Island going forward.

No frosh comes in this fall with it being his job to lose. 2nd time since 2003 with 2016 being first.

Definitely talented at CB, but inexperienced.
Nick Fisher seems ready at Safety, and White also flashing, plus Fo. Also hearing Sanchez is having a good spring.
We seem to be able to reload at DB and don't have to worry about Espy Island going forward.

No frosh comes in this fall with it being his job to lose. 2nd time since 2003 with 2016 being first.

Yep. If a guy like Miller or Sparaco or whoever ends up starting or in the 2-deep from these freshmen, it means he's a stud.

Yep. If a guy like Miller or Sparaco or whoever ends up starting or in the 2-deep from these freshmen, it means he's a stud.
Still believe that was the major point missed by most in the first few years of the rebuild. Teams are always as weak as the weakest link.

Our weakest link now? QB depth? LB? Lack of pass rush? Even top 10 programs have some spots of concern each March. We are getting there though.

Last edited:
Still believe that was the major point missed by most in the first few years of the rebuild. Terms are always as weak as the weakest link.

Our weakest link now? QB depth? LB? Lack of pass rush? Even top 10 programs have some spots of concern each March. We are getting there though.

For sure. In years past, guys like Julmisse and Huntley would have started as true freshmen. Heck, even guys like Akil Jones might have. And we haven't been able to wait to start a QB with Montez type talent until his 3rd year since... hell, maybe Detmer?

For sure. In years past, guys like Julmisse and Huntley would have started as true freshmen. Heck, even guys like Akil Jones might have. And we haven't been able to wait to start a QB with Montez type talent until his 3rd year since... hell, maybe Detmer?

And how long has it been since we have had to move guys around outside of their natural positions just to fill holes. I don't see anyone on this team who is going to be starting simply because we don't have anybody else who can.

We are still not as deep as we want to be but we are also no longer looking at a depth chart and seeing multiple spots where a single injury kills us, steps down, yes but kills us, no.

Still believe that was the major point missed by most in the first few years of the rebuild. Terms are always as weak as the weakest link.

Right now, I would say pass rusher is definitely our biggest concern, especially with Falo seemingly moving to the inside. Obviously there's a lot of unknown with Shamar and the other JUCO guys on the DL, so maybe they'll be a pleasant surprise.

Right now, I would say pass rusher is definitely our biggest concern, especially with Falo seemingly moving to the inside. Obviously there's a lot of unknown with Shamar and the other JUCO guys on the DL, so maybe they'll be a pleasant surprise.

The guy who could surprise is Pookie Maka, I think. Leavitt absolutely loved him as a recruit and prioritized him over some 4* guys as our #1 target. From recent photos, Maka has put on a lot of good weight. With a productive summer in Wilson's training program, this is a guy who could make a big jump in fall camp.

The guy who could surprise is Pookie Maka, I think. Leavitt absolutely loved him as a recruit and prioritized him over some 4* guys as our #1 target. From recent photos, Maka has put on a lot of good weight. With a productive summer in Wilson's training program, this is a guy who could make a big jump in fall camp.
Yep, kind of forgot about him, tbh. Same with Akil Jones. Goes to show we are headed down a good path with our depth. There are a lot of unknowns in our front 7, but that could just as easily end up being a good thing as it is a bad thing.

You like Falo's move to the inside?

I do. You can't just hand Lewis that job. And Falo can always move back outside to be our starting Will without this experience at Jack having done anything but help him progress in his knowledge of the defense/ ability as a player.

I do. You can't just hand Lewis that job. And Falo can always move back outside to be our starting Will without this experience at Jack having done anything but help him progress in his knowledge of the defense/ ability as a player.
Is Akil Jones playing more at ILB?

Is Akil Jones playing more at ILB?

Jones is backing up Gamboa at Mike.

For reference:

Mike1 = Gamboa / Mike2 = Jones
Jack1 = Lewis / Jack2 = Falo
Sam1 = McCartney / Sam2 = Hasselbach?
Will1 = ??? / Will2 = ???

I'm thinking that we're going to be playing more Buff than Will, which is:

Buff1 = Moeller / Buff2 = White (with this being a very tight position battle)

I think it is just a convenient narrative that all of the LBs look good. The talent and depth are both suspect.

Jones is backing up Gamboa at Mike.

For reference:

Mike1 = Gamboa / Mike2 = Jones
Jack1 = Lewis / Jack2 = Falo
Sam1 = McCartney / Sam2 = Hasselbach?
Will1 = ??? / Will2 = ???

I'm thinking that we're going to be playing more Buff than Will, which is:

Buff1 = Moeller / Buff2 = White (with this being a very tight position battle)
I was really surprised how well Moeller played in the new "Buff" role. I thought he would get eaten alive against the run game, but he did really well. I think we play in that Buff position more often than not. Especially with how weak we are at Mike 1 and Jack 1.

So at least one true frosh ILB will play in 2017, maybe two.

Glad they moved Falo back outside, hopefully that experiment is over after trying it twice now in his career.

So at least one true frosh ILB will play in 2017, maybe two.

Glad they moved Falo back outside, hopefully that experiment is over after trying it twice now in his career.

I'm sure that MacIntyre has an intern checking hourly to see if Addison is getting cell service on the Appalachian Trail and wants to come home. :ROFLMAO:

Back