What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

I have been doing some catching up on spring football now that basketball season is officially over.

Javier Edwards arrived at 385, now down to 363 and hopes to be about 345 by the time fall camp comes around. Sounds like he is making life difficult for Jermoy Irwin.

Ento has been shining this spring. WR rotation is going to be nuts. Fields, Ross, Bobo, Winfree, MacIntyre, Huntley, Ento, Walker, Rakestraw and you add Shenault, Nixon, Bell, and Jackson... wow.

Noyer is improving but Lytle is surprising people. QB battle next season is going to be a lot of fun to watch. CU has a stable of talented arms. Finally.

Sounds like Hamilton is not taking to his change from DE to OLB as naturally as most had hoped. He has never played without his hand in the dirt and has always been asked to just get to the QB. Now being asked to drop into pass coverage as well. Good news is that he appears to have the work ethic and the personal drive to make the transition, but there are likely going to be some growing pains this year.

I have been doing some catching up on spring football now that basketball season is officially over.

Javier Edwards arrived at 385, now down to 363 and hopes to be about 345 by the time fall camp comes around. Sounds like he is making life difficult for Jermoy Irwin.

Ento has been shining this spring. WR rotation is going to be nuts. Fields, Ross, Bobo, Winfree, MacIntyre, Huntley, Ento, Walker, Rakestraw and you add Shenault, Nixon, Bell, and Jackson... wow.

Noyer is improving but Lytle is surprising people. QB battle next season is going to be a lot of fun to watch. CU has a stable of talented arms. Finally.

Sounds like Hamilton is not taking to his change from DE to OLB as naturally as most had hoped. He has never played without his hand in the dirt and has always been asked to just get to the QB. Now being asked to drop into pass coverage as well. Good news is that he appears to have the work ethic and the personal drive to make the transition, but there are likely going to be some growing pains this year.
Noice! Bummer basketball is over, but good to see you on point again.

Thanks for catching me up!

Ento has been shining this spring. WR rotation is going to be nuts. Fields, Ross, Bobo, Winfree, MacIntyre, Huntley, Ento, Walker, Rakestraw and you add Shenault, Nixon, Bell, and Jackson... wow..

It's so exciting because we are losing Fields, Ross, Bobo, and Ento - who might be our 4 leading recievers this year - and we don't really have to be worried about reloading.

Would expect Carson Wells, Landman and Van Diest to be in the position of earning a lot of PT, assuming Gillam doesn't come back. Wells would seem to be the least experienced and Landman (by far) the most experienced. Both Wells and Van Diest played a lot all over the place. JVD being able to watch practices and attend some meetings might help, but he also had two surgeries recently....

With Falo back to the outside that leaves Gamboa, Lewis and Akil Jones at the inside. Not sure any of those guys are of average size for those roles.

Funny how perhaps 14 months ago that JLtheMF was the best recruiter we had, yet he left his position in bad shape.

So, the spring game is not going to be televised on the P12 network this year per the TV schedule. WTF do we have that thing if not for events like this?

So, the spring game is not going to be televised on the P12 network this year per the TV schedule. WTF do we have that thing if not for events like this?

Is it because we are not playing a game? they are not going to waste the time on a practice?

I saw drills at 1pm, scrimmage at 2pm.

Sat., Mar 18
1:00 PM MDT
Pac-12 Mountain

Colorado Spring Football Football

Colorado is participating in the Colorado Spring Football in Boulder, CO. Tune in on Pac-12 Mountain at 12:00pm on March 18, 2017. Live Stream at pac-12.com or on the Pac-12 Now app.

http://pac-12.com/football/event/2017/03/18/colorado-spring-football

Is this just PAC12 Mountain? My Dish guide shows Womens Water Polo followed by Gymnastics on Saturday at that time. That's the main Pac12 channel here in Boulder. No "mountain".

Is this just PAC12 Mountain? My Dish guide shows Womens Water Polo followed by Gymnastics on Saturday at that time. That's the main Pac12 channel here in Boulder. No "mountain".
Yes, just mountain. 430 comcast.

Or the Pac12 now app.

Last edited:
Sounds like Blackmon is currently running first in the Nickel position. We haven't missed on too many DB prospects for sure.

Hopefully, Isaac Miller has gotten a 2nd opinion by now on his knee....

No way we do not see Irwin at LT come September... right? This whole argument about moving him inside to improve draft stock seems a little strange. It is not like teams are going to excessively downgrade him for playing the hardest position on the line.

No way we do not see Irwin at LT come September... right? This whole argument about moving him inside to improve draft stock seems a little strange. It is not like teams are going to excessively downgrade him for playing the hardest position on the line.

The argument was always about finding the best 5 guys to put on the field. With Miller missing the whole spring, that experiment would seem over. Even if Kaiser played well at LT, I don't think he has the size to be in the mix as the LT starter.

Did Huckins really impress at C, or did everyone else struggle?

Tonz really is impressing at OL by the way, not just window dressing. He will be in the mix in 2018 and beyond, likely will move to center sooner than later.

The argument was always about finding the best 5 guys to put on the field. With Miller missing the whole spring, that experiment would seem over. Even if Kaiser played well at LT, I don't think he has the size to be in the mix as the LT starter.

Did Huckins really impress at C, or did everyone else struggle?

Tonz really is impressing at OL by the way, not just window dressing. He will be in the mix in 2018 and beyond, likely will move to center sooner than later.

Maybe we are not as deep at tackle as the coaches have been portraying? I know everything is sunshine this time of year, but it sure seems like the development of the younger tackles is not going very well.

HCMM has always told us who is standing out and (by ommission) who isn't (or who he's sending a message to).

Maybe we are not as deep at tackle as the coaches have been portraying? I know everything is sunshine this time of year, but it sure seems like the development of the younger tackles is not going very well.
I don't think so.
Losing Lisella and Kronshage shook up the depth, so they needed to fastrack the development of Kaiser and Miller. They clearly thought Miller might be one of their top 5, but missing all spring kills that. Giving those two as many snaps as possible was the plan. Haigler has the RT spot locked down.
I don't think they thought Vaughn or Lytle were ever a thought this early, and I doubt anything has changed there.

I think the development is right on track, minus the Miller setback.

And I didn't include Middlemiss because I never saw him as a LT. But I'm not sure where he is playing this spring. I see him more of a Guard actually.

Back