What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Spring Practices start February 22nd

Still think the ideal scenario has Irwin at LT for 2017. Let the real battle happen at RG.

Love this

DE Chris Mulumba
served one year in the Finnish military and is fluent in three
languages: Finnish, English and Fren
ch. He is also a four-time
Finnish
national judo champion.

He was also a hell of a wrestler. Everything is there with that guy to be special. All comes down to how much football technique he has and how high it can build from there between now and September.

Great Read - sure most of you guys have read, but just in case.

Montez_weightroom.jpg

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/2/...-qb-montez-ready-to-take-game-up-a-notch.aspx

Depends on context. Not if we're talking race, but certainly if we're talking personal heritage and citizenship.
Thanks for the UBL.

I'm pretty certain the question was in regards to race. I happen to dislike that term "African American". I took the opportunity to show what a ridiculous label it truly is.

^^ that pic of Montez^^ Man, he has some big feet and looks fit. Hard to believe only been a couple of months.

It looks like Mr. Montez has taken the opportunity to get in the best shape of his life to take on his new challenge. I'm impressed.

Thanks for the UBL.

I'm pretty certain the question was in regards to race. I happen to dislike that term "African American". I took the opportunity to show what a ridiculous label it truly is.

You should lead a movement to start saying "*****id" again. ;)

Edit: why is that censored? It's antiquated, but it's not a slur. Weird.

You should lead a movement to start saying "*****id" again. ;)

Edit: why is that censored? It's antiquated, but it's not a slur. Weird.
You managed to answer your own question there.
I have no solution, just the grumblings of an increasingly cranky middle aged man.

I do think Miller has that type of ability. However, I doubt the line is better this year on D. I think we have guys with potentially more overall ability stepping in, but they aren't seasoned like Carrell, Tupou, and Kafovalu.

I really like the guys coming in, but saying the guys coming in are more talented is difficult for me as well. Mostly because we just don't know. Carrell was a guy that worked his way up and was never the most physically talented guy. So yes, his replacement probably will come with more natural ability. Both Tupou and Kafovalu had some serious athletic gifts. Both of them had flashed their talent in previous seasons, just not together, so it is much more difficult to say that the replacements will be more talented.

On the other side of the ball, I was VERY impressed with Miller during the spring game last year. Except for the first three snaps he was absolutely dominate and was killing guys run blocking and more than holding his own in pass blocking. The first three plays he looked lost. If he starts I would guess that the first game he would have a lapse or two, but then find his way. That being said, Irwin is a solid starter and displacing him won't be easy. So fun to talk about an offensive line with some serious talent! Just like last years offensive line was light years ahead of the previous year, I expect this years offensive line to be that much better this year.

I really like the guys coming in, but saying the guys coming in are more talented is difficult for me as well. Mostly because we just don't know. Carrell was a guy that worked his way up and was never the most physically talented guy. So yes, his replacement probably will come with more natural ability. Both Tupou and Kafovalu had some serious athletic gifts. Both of them had flashed their talent in previous seasons, just not together, so it is much more difficult to say that the replacements will be more talented.

On the other side of the ball, I was VERY impressed with Miller during the spring game last year. Except for the first three snaps he was absolutely dominate and was killing guys run blocking and more than holding his own in pass blocking. The first three plays he looked lost. If he starts I would guess that the first game he would have a lapse or two, but then find his way. That being said, Irwin is a solid starter and displacing him won't be easy. So fun to talk about an offensive line with some serious talent! Just like last years offensive line was light years ahead of the previous year, I expect this years offensive line to be that much better this year.

Yeah. If we're going to be specific in how we state it, what is meant is that our probabilities on talent are looking a lot better with our current recruiting classes.

Lmao at Miller starting at LT with basically zero experience
Doesn't seem likely. Having Irwin practice inside and Kaiser outside would appear to be about building some backup flexibility. I assume they want Huckins and Lynott both full time at center for now. Helps Irwin's stock as well. But ultimately, the LT is a key spot and I doubt it's really up for grabs.

Irwin doesn't need reps at LT. Miller does. I don't think anybody really believes Miller will displace a three year starter protecting the QB's blind side. It's entirely possible that he will take over that job once Irwin is gone. Best to get him some reps now.

Back