What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Ticket Renewals - CU May Have Lost A Season Ticket Holder

I made the decision last season to not renew and will not until we actually see improvement.
Season tickets for years and at least one road each season. No more.
Lots of you forget the misery and start drinking the Kool Aid when the season ends. I am tired of losing and being associated with a losing program. It hurts, it doesn't feel right not being in the stadium, but the line has to be drawn.

We all have our breaking point. For me it was Hawkins getting an extra year he did not deserve.

I posted about this in another thread the other day.

I have reached out to the AD several times this year and been met with crickets. They called last week, the first time I’ve heard from them at all since last renewal, to inform me my tickets were going up in price and it’s time to renew. I said no. The salesperson clearly sounded like I wasn’t the first by the tone in their voice, but still didn’t engage any further than “thanks have a good day”

Complete amateur hour. Still couldn’t get any communication in a conversation about renewals. Complete amateur hour

Last edited:
I haven't seen my renewal, although I've already decided to not renew based on my kids have lost interest and RG sucks.

But my buddies who share 4 seats didn't renew because of a "giant price increase". These are smart guys, so I wonder if the AD is stepping on their dick in communication?

LOL, I did not even bother to see what price my tickets went to. Cancel culture hit my desire to contribute any more.
I'm trying to noodle thru what you mean here. Has the game day experience got you down because it's no longer ok to scream loudly "you're all ****ing ******s" at the other team? Or was it the extra containers in place to hit the University's Zero Waste goals?

What the hell does "cancel culture" got to do with season tickets?

I haven't seen my renewal, although I've already decided to not renew based on my kids have lost interest and RG sucks.

But my buddies who share 4 seats didn't renew because of a "giant price increase". These are smart guys, so I wonder if the AD is stepping on their dick in communication?
Would that surprise you?

I'm trying to noodle thru what you mean here. Has the game day experience got you down because it's no longer ok to scream loudly "you're all ****ing ******s" at the other team? Or was it the extra containers in place to hit the University's Zero Waste goals?

What the hell does "cancel culture" got to do with season tickets?
Went over your head obviously. Canceling my season tickets. Whatever, the atmosphere has nothing to do with it. The fact that they have quit trying to improve or win evidenced by the garbage staff they have put in place was the last straw. It is not worth the money and if I am honest with myself, have not been for more than a decade. I am a slow learner when it comes to my fandom and loyalty. Now, they have to find a way to make it valuable enough to get me back. Will continue to support Tad and the bball program but I have finally had enough of the garbage they call the football program

Best view of the game, best booze, best food since 2015....
Remote Control GIF by Jimmy the Bull
But he won't have the true Folsom experience unless he can convince a couple of people to stand next to him as he pees in his bathtub. ;)

Went over your head obviously. Canceling my season tickets. Whatever, the atmosphere has nothing to do with it. The fact that they have quit trying to improve or win evidenced by the garbage staff they have put in place was the last straw. It is not worth the money and if I am honest with myself, have not been for more than a decade. I am a slow learner when it comes to my fandom and loyalty. Now, they have to find a way to make it valuable enough to get me back. Will continue to support Tad and the bball program but I have finally had enough of the garbage they call the football program
By miles, and I doubt I'm the only one scratching my head.....

I posted about this in another thread the other day.

I have reached out to the AD several times this year and been met with crickets. They called last week, the first time I’ve heard from them at all since last renewal, to inform me my tickets were going up in price and it’s time to renew. I said no. The salesperson clearly sounded like I wasn’t the first by the tone in their voice, but still didn’t engage any further than “thanks have a good day”

Complete amateur hour. Still couldn’t get any communication in a conversation about renewals. Complete amateur hour
They called me. I told him that I’m not renewing “because I no longer enjoy going to the games and my family doesn’t enjoy going either.” His response? “Well, you have until March 31st to renew.”

I have a cousin in Kansas City who is a Ku alum. He tells me there tickets increased 27%. He did not renew. With that in mind, I did renew our tickets knowing that there are far worse things to spend my money on, for instance, crack cocaine, fentanyl, opioids and Ku football.

I sit in 121 and last year my tickets were $375 each with the contribution (that doesn't include the A&M game). This year they are $500 each with the contribution. No clue on what the minimal processing fee was last year. This year it was a flat $25.

I'll looking at $125 extra per ticket on 3 tickets. I did renew, but I didn't do it right away, this will be my last season for football unless there is a miracle.

Making the 'donation' part of the seat price, means you can't deduct the donation anymore, right?

Might be interesting to start an allbuffs contest to guess the total drop in season ticket sales this year compared to last. I'll start at 4750.

Unfortunately it won't be enough to wake up the administration to start turning things around.

Tax laws changed a few years ago and they haven't been deductible.
Correct, was part of the Trump screw job to the middle class along with the SALT cap, but I guess to be fair there was some bi-partisan support to eliminate seat license "donations" as the libs don't like sportsball and the cons needed to balance out their gifts to the upper echelon.

KU hasn't won more than 3 games in 13 years. To suggest they are better than CU in 2022 and going forward is clearly ridiculous
Hopefully you are correct, but I would be careful about that prediction. The CU program has nothing to hope for at the moment. The situation is probably worse right now than it has been since Chuck Fairbanks.

I chose not to renew as, like most of you, I was shocked at the cost increase without a hint on why. Dorrell has to be the absolute WORST at marketing the team...I guess he views that as below him. He lost me with his striking of the cameraman...and waiting 24 hours to apologize. He should be out marketing EVERY week...holding events to advertise the "new Buffs"...

I bet over 25% wont renew. RG signed a horrible contract with Dorrell..a coach NO ONE wanted...we are screwed for the next three years.

Well done Rick....

i will not be renewing my 6 seats in sec 105..i have had enough..will still go to a game here or there but i cant take the ineptitude any longer…had them since 2000

Back