What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Ticket Renewals - CU May Have Lost A Season Ticket Holder

We are renewing 2 of our 3. My dad (who is 83) still wants to go to the games as long as he can and so my brother will take advantage of spending time with him in Folsom for as long as my dad can make it. I can't make most of the games anyway except for night games so then I will take my dad's ticket & enjoy drinking and hanging out with my brother.

I imagine this might be our last season though. I have a whole lot of emotion tied up into having season tickets because it's always been a way of spending time with my family so I think all of us are having a hard time actually letting go.

Same situation as many here. My wife and I, as well as my parents, are not renewing this year. We've all had season tickets since my freshman year. At the end of last season we had said we weren't going to renew, my dad was leaning towards renewing until he saw the ticket increase. We decided we'd rotate tailgating at our houses instead so we don't miss out on that aspect, and can always go and buy single game tickets if we decide we want to go a game for some reason.
I'm curious what affect the state of the program and the price increase is having on the more casual fans.

I've got a good shrink recommendation for you if you'd like. :ROFLMAO:
Will Smith Love GIF by The Academy Awards

I haven't renewed.
I'm either going to buy if I want to go on a per game basis or will get tickets in the cheaper seats. If I get cheaper seats I'll wait a bit.
I don't think I have to worry about them selling out.

There's so much great about the gameday experience. I absolutely get why people are renewing despite the on-field product and administrative mismanagement.

There's so much great about the gameday experience. I absolutely get why people are renewing despite the on-field product and administrative mismanagement.
Very true.

But if the administration has any brains at all they are very worried about the fact that people like many of the posters on this site are considering not renewing. These are representative of the core fans, the ones most dedicated to the program.

As stated previously, I did not. I’m done. I’ll lurk on here and occasionally comment. Other than that. I’m done with the program. Full stop.
The Buffs will ALWAYS be my number one team. But the other team I’m rooting for, now that I’ve got ties, is really a lot more enjoyable to root for right now.

I'll watch all the games but maybe more on TV than in person.

I can easily go up to the ticket office come June or July and get season tickets if I wish.
I'm just not giving them any money right now.

Ha.....about a half hour after my last post the CU Athletic Office called me to tell me that I've been given a grace period to renew.
I told them thanks but I might do something in June or July if at all. He did mention their three game packages.

Season ticket holder for 20+ years, premium seats. I am getting emails that today is my last day to renew, but that's it. For all this incompetent sales organization knows, these emails are going into my spam folder and I've not seen them.

I will not be renewing and, for the record, I would take the under on 2 victories. I will be happy if I'm wrong, but that's my gut.

I'll watch all the games but maybe more on TV than in person.

I can easily go up to the ticket office come June or July and get season tickets if I wish.
I'm just not giving them any money right now.
I was one of those people who put a priority on watching the game as it happened, mostly on TV but sometimes live.

The last three years as my daughter was very involved with bike races on fall weekends I figured out that making a priority of the games wasn't worth what I would have had to give up.

I will still see every game, just might happen that more are on my DVR when I do.

And until we play somebody like the fuskers again I don't see any games coming up that won't have plenty of good seats available right up until kick off.

For this season not only do I expect a notable drop in the number of season tickets sold but as the season goes on the team keeps losing a lot of those tickets sold in season ticket packages are going to find their way to the secondary market. You will probably be able to get better seats for less than you would have paid for your own.

I have previously said that I will not renew. But I have not said that it will be difficult for me to do so. I love my Buffs. We have ~20 premium seats. It is usually a great time, no matter the outcome. I just don't know how else to get the attention of my alma mater to let them know that what has been happening for the last 20 years is unacceptable. I'm out until I have a tangible reason to return.

It’ll be interesting to see what the final numbers were compared to last year.

Back