What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno State

No doubt! You expect a close game with CU.... Or the other lurker does.... And you had a very close game with Rutgers, but they would spank us? Makes sense. We have no shot....
Tell yer coach so they prepare for exactly that result..... Good for you! :congrats:
I expect a reasonably close game FWIW.

I just objected to CUAviator's dumb statement. Rutgers was gonna win if they didn't go for 2? really? It took us one play to score in OT. one. Think Flood was going for 2 because he was super confident in his defense?

I just objected to CUAviator's dumb statement. Rutgers was gonna win if they didn't go for 2? really? It took us one play to score in OT. one. Think Flood was going for 2 because he was super confident in his defense?

Rutgers made the right choice going for two there. They couldn't stop Fresno with a full field, it wasn't going to happen on a 25 yard field especially with the chances of Carr ****ing up and turning it over quite slim. Going for the win was the right call by Rutgers.

Rutgers made the right choice going for two there. They couldn't stop Fresno with a full field, it wasn't going to happen on a 25 yard field especially with the chances of Carr ****ing up and turning it over quite slim. Going for the win was the right call by Rutgers.
Sentence comprehension. Apparently not ROFLCOPTER's (whatever that is) strong suit. I said "could have", which implies if they would have kept playing, there was a possibility.

And CVille - the score being tied at the end of regulation implies that FSU couldn't stop Rutgers jut as well as Rutgers couldn't stop FSU. We can agree to disagree on this, but if you straight give up, of course there's no way you're going to win. If you tie it, go to the second OT, they score and you don't...gues what, at least you f-ing tried. I will NEVER buy the "going for two is our option" bull****. As a matter of fact, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.

Sentence comprehension. Apparently not ROFLCOPTER's (whatever that is) strong suit. I said "could have", which implies if they would have kept playing, there was a possibility.

And CVille - the score being tied at the end of regulation implies that FSU couldn't stop Rutgers jut as well as Rutgers couldn't stop FSU. We can agree to disagree on this, but if you straight give up, of course there's no way you're going to win. If you tie it, go to the second OT, they score and you don't...gues what, at least you f-ing tried. I will NEVER buy the "going for two is our option" bull****. As a matter of fact, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.

Rutgers' offense is not built for a shootout like that. They were fortunate to be in that situation. The typically solid Rutgers D was getting abused, and as bad as Fresno's D is, Rutgers with Gary Nova is simply not built for those shootouts. Going for the win was justifiable. They were going to have to start going for two soon enough anyway. Right call there in theory.

Rutgers was playing football at 3:30am... With a talented but inexperienced defense that was about to completely collapse...

They already had at least 4 defensive players on the turf cramping up throughout the game from the heat. Their defense was completely spent. So much so that towards the end of the game, they were committing pass interference penalties just to hold onto Fresno's wideouts.

Kyle Flood knew he had a chance to end the game at the bottom of the extra period and he took it. When asked if he would have reconsidered, he answered he'd do it all over again. Rutgers went for a 2-point conversion earlier in the game and made it. And he knew his team couldn't keep playing much longer. Because if it came down to who can have anything left to stop who, Fresno State would be the one to make the first stop on defense, not Rutgers. FS' defense held Rutgers to 3 of 14 on third down conversions and Flood knew that.

Rutgers was playing football at 3:30am... With a talented but inexperienced defense that was about to completely collapse...

They already had at least 4 defensive players on the turf cramping up throughout the game from the heat. Their defense was completely spent. So much so that towards the end of the game, they were committing pass interference penalties just to hold onto Fresno's wideouts.

Kyle Flood knew he had a chance to end the game at the bottom of the extra period and he took it. When asked if he would have reconsidered, he answered he'd do it all over again. Rutgers went for a 2-point conversion earlier in the game and made it. And he knew his team couldn't keep playing much longer. Because if it came down to who can have anything left to stop who, Fresno State would be the one to make the first stop on defense, not Rutgers. FS' defense held Rutgers to 3 of 14 on third down conversions and Flood knew that.

This is pretty good context, and reasonably presented--who is this guy?

Oh, wait. It's a couple of incomprehensible letters and a bunch of numbers, with a recent account. That's the certain sign of a Bulldog guest.

Ah what the hell, I'm giving him rep.

No chance for a game delay.

Unless their is damage to the stadium.

I rewatched the CAC game twice. Our D backs were exposed. They have alot to work on before this game to prevent a repeat of last year. The unfortunate reality was that CAC stopped themselves as much as our D.

Go Buffs.

I rewatched the CAC game twice. Our D backs were exposed. They have alot to work on before this game to prevent a repeat of last year. The unfortunate reality was that CAC stopped themselves as much as our D.

Go Buffs.

Ya know, that statement can made about pretty much any game in this modern era that does not involve Oregon or Alabama or maybe even throw in 'Furd!

Go Buffs.

Sure. If a quarterback plays a near perfect game, no defense is going to stop that offense.

This is pretty good context, and reasonably presented--who is this guy?

Oh, wait. It's a couple of incomprehensible letters and a bunch of numbers, with a recent account. That's the certain sign of a Bulldog guest.

Ah what the hell, I'm giving him rep.
That's his account on our boards too :lol:

I thought this was a pretty good piece about the Buffs football team. You can judge for yourself, The Fresno State Bulldogs travel to Colorado to take on the Buffaloes this weekend. We talked to BuffStampede.com publisher Adam Munsterteiger to find out more about this Pac-12 program on the rise.1. It is hard to avoid the "Revenge" factor in this game. What have the players/coaches said about that?Adam: Mike MacIntyre said he knows his team will have last season's 69-14 loss to Fresno State in the back of their collective mind, but he does not want to it to be a "revenge game." He feels anger is never a good emotion going into a game. But MacIntyre did say last year's result gives his team a lot of respect for Fresno State so that is the type of motivation he wants them to have on Saturday. Mike MacIntyre has the Buffs off to a good start. Quarterback Connor Wood said Fresno State had a great game plan against them last year but CU has a new coaching staff and new personnel in a lot of spots, so he feels they are a much different team than they were a year ago.2. Last season Buffalo players appeared to give up, contributing to the lopsided score. Has that been addressed and used as motivation for this game?Adam: Colorado appeared to give up in quite a few games last year. They finished No. 124 out of 124 FBS programs in scoring margin. Rock bottom. That is why they decided to fire Jon Embree after just two seasons. Obviously the new staff can't really address that, as MacIntyre and seven of his assistants were at San Jose State last year. And the last time they faced the Bulldogs, in 2011, they won. Obviously CU's players don't want to get embarrassed like they did a year ago, especially on their home turf.3. How has Paul Richardson adjusted to the new staff/system and how is he doing?Adam: Richardson has caught 21 passes for 417 yards and four touchdowns, 122 more receiving yards than any other player at the FBS level, so it is safe to say he has adjusted well to the new staff/scheme and is doing well. His stats through two games would equal a good season for a lot of receivers. The new staff has done of good job of moving Richardson around, finding ways to get him open, because obviously opposing teams are keying on him. Richardson was actually back to full health midway through last season but decided to redshirt for precautionary reasons, and let's be honest, there was no helping last year's team. Aside from one Saturday in Pullman, it was a disaster from start to finish.4. In general what have been the positives/negatives of the offense so far?Adam: The positives would be Richardson and the passing game. Colorado ranks No. 8 nationally in passing offense. Connor Wood's play at quarterback has not been perfect but overall pretty darn good. He is known for making mistakes under pressure but the new staff has instilled a lot of confidence in him. The running attack has left a lot to be desired and that has more to do with the play of the offensive line than the talent at running back. The Buffs' offensive linemen have struggled to get a good push up front. 5. Colorado really struggled on defense last season, how has the new system been on that side of the ball?Adam: Colorado's defense really won their last game against Central Arkansas. Not only did the Buffs' defenders force four turnovers, they also scored two touchdowns. Greg Henderson scored defensive touchdowns in back-to-back games to open the season. Fellow cornerback Kenneth Crawley has also improved drastically after being much maligned as a true freshman last season. Now I will say, Central Arkansas quarterback Wynrick Smothers missed a lot of throws last Saturday, throws that Derek Carr will certainly make so I do expect the Bulldogs to have a big day through the air on Saturday. CU has a decent front seven, led by senior defensive end Chidera Uzo-Diribe and linebacker Derrick Webb. True freshman Addison Gillam has also been surprisingly good at middle linebacker. However, this is a group that has not been truly tested yet.6. How is the Colorado kicking game?Adam: CU place kicker Will Oliver only attempted eight field-goals all of last season, and he made six of those. This year he is five-for-six, including three from beyond 40-yards. Now in terms of kickoff coverage, CU needs to improve immensely. The Buffs have given up 320 yards on nine kickoff returns by opponents early on this season.7. How big of an advantage will it be for Colorado to play this one in Boulder?Adam: It is a an advantage simply because it is a home game but ticket sales have not been overwhelming for this Saturday's contest. In fact, ticket sales have been rather poor so it won't be a ruckus atmosphere like a lot of the Colorado teams have enjoyed in the past.8. It looks like both teams run up-tempo offenses and like to get in as many plays as possible. Do you think the altitude could give Colorado an advantage because of the sheer number of plays that will be run?Adam: The altitude factor is usually overanalyzed in my opinion. Playing at more than a mile high does affect everybody differently but is not usually the reason Colorado wins or loses a football game. The Buffs do run a no-huddle offense, allowing them to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage, but it is not a hurry up offense so unless they turn up the pace this week, it shouldn't be much of a factor.9. Any score predictions? Adam: I expect Fresno State to win by double digits, but I have not made a final prediction yet. I expect both teams to score a healthy amount of points, though. Adam Munsterteiger is the publisher of BuffStampede.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @adamcm777. - See more at: http://fresnostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1548542#sthash.jeRFJy9W.dpuf

Last edited:
So it was you?

Also I'm told it's a bigger major in Reno than here.

Things I learned today... there are apparently places on the interwebz where Nevada Reno smack talk is an actual thing.

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me before....

Any score predictions?

Adam: I expect Fresno State to win by double digits, but I have not made a final prediction yet. I expect both teams to score a healthy amount of points, though. Adam Munsterteiger is the publisher of BuffStampede.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @adamcm777.
:lalala:

Things I learned today... there are apparently places on the interwebz where Nevada Reno smack talk is an actual thing.

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me before....
Oh yes, we have long, enlightened discussions with UNR fans about whose meth is better.

Oh yes, we have long, enlightened discussions with UNR fans about whose meth is better.

Damn. That must suck for you guys. We tend to see more fans from CSU, Cal, UW and (for some reason - they seem to have separation anxiety) Nebraska.

Now that I think about it... I think I'm actually a bit jealous of you guys.... :huh:

8y3e5epa.jpg

6aruqe3e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back