What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno State

It was all in good fun/ribbing until the epitaphs started. You're starting to sound like you have a case of little brother syndrome. What's you're deal? We can dish it and take it from years(last decade) of practice so I don't think you want to head down this road. We are quite good with the sarcasm, kinda what we are known for.

Ronald Reagan? Is that you?

After reading this thread I only have one question.

Why isn't Fresno in the SEC? Based on their fans here they shouldn't be playing CU, they should be playing Bama', LSU, Georgia, and the other teams that might be able to stand up to their level of talent and coaching.

Fresno is one of the better teams in the MWC but they are still a MWC team. We are way down and very well may lose the game but I hope that the Fresnecks aren't counting on seeing the same group as didn't show up last year.

Rutgers is not a world beater. If we can make some breaks Fresno could easily be going home a loser.

After reading this thread I only have one question.

Why isn't Fresno in the SEC? Based on their fans here they shouldn't be playing CU, they should be playing Bama', LSU, Georgia, and the other teams that might be able to stand up to their level of talent and coaching.

Fresno is one of the better teams in the MWC but they are still a MWC team. We are way down and very well may lose the game but I hope that the Fresnecks aren't counting on seeing the same group as didn't show up last year.

Rutgers is not a world beater. If we can make some breaks Fresno could easily be going home a loser.
Rutgers might not be a world beater but they have considerably more talent than you do.

don't eat the cheese.
images

Well this thread went to ****. We haven't had cause to be so snippy since our Big 12 days. Oh, except for Arizona and Illinois in Basketball, and Baylor all the ****ing time. And Cal, but they can't help it because they're stupid.

Except for that one ****face, I think the Fresno State fans have been pretty reasonable.

[video=youtube_share;y54EIciZvTE]http://youtu.be/y54EIciZvTE[/video]

this scouting report of Derek Carr shows a QB with a big arm that is capable of throwing 30+ yards down field. It's not a highlight real. It shows passes that are dropped, picked, or caught.

Carr and his wife celebrated the birth of a baby boy in August, so his productivity isn't limited to the football field. His infant was kept in the hospital for 23 days following the birth, requiring surgery. The baby is at home and okay. It's got to be hard for him to get sleep, and be away from his wife and son.

His career stats are legit.
uguvyryj.jpg

CU's Connor Wood: 56-for-82 (68.3%), 741 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT
FSU's Derek Carr: 74-for-104 (71.2%), 661 yards, 8 TD, 1 INT

Last edited by a moderator:
in fairness if you read this board you would this we won six games last year, not 5 games in the past 3 years.

another acceptable answer would have been. We made every team look like they had no weaknesses last year.

Ronald Reagan? Is that you?

I thought we were talking about our respective football programs here. Colorado is a BCS school and Fresno State is not. Fresno State has not proclaimed itself as some football powerhouse. Colorado holds a 4-2 advantage in the series between the 2 schools. Colorado moved from the Big 12 to the PAC 12 which has not resulted in any improvement to the football program or product on the field. Colorado has not had a winning record in football since 2005! Given all the advantages this program has that is downright embarrassing. The fact that Fresno State beat Colorado the way they did last year says more about the Colorado football team than how good Fresno State was. The Colorado football team just simply gave up during the game. Hopefully, Colorado wont take the easy way out this year and lay down like they did last year, and actually make a game out of it. If Fresno State does happen to win the game this Saturday, it wont be because Fresno State is a great football team, it will be because Colorado is still a below average football team and not yet ready to join the ranks of other good BCS football programs.

I thought we were talking about our respective football programs here. Colorado is a BCS school and Fresno State is not. Fresno State has not proclaimed itself as some football powerhouse. Colorado holds a 4-2 advantage in the series between the 2 schools. Colorado moved from the Big 12 to the PAC 12 which has not resulted in any improvement to the football program or product on the field. Colorado has not had a winning record in football since 2005! Given all the advantages this program has that is downright embarrassing. The fact that Fresno State beat Colorado the way they did last year says more about the Colorado football team than how good Fresno State was. The Colorado football team just simply gave up during the game. Hopefully, Colorado wont take the easy way out this year and lay down like they did last year, and actually make a game out of it. If Fresno State does happen to win the game this Saturday, it wont be because Fresno State is a great football team, it will be because Colorado is still a below average football team and not yet ready to join the ranks of other good BCS football programs.
Dude. the only proclamation about being a football powerhouse is in your head. Must have come from something echoing around in that empty space between your ears.

CU USED to be a football powerhouse. 12 years ago. Hope they are again.

Also, Fresno state will never be a BCS program. Sorry.

Fresno is legit. We probably lose the game. Carr is very legit. A bit scared of what he might to to our defenses phyche.

On the other hand, the game is at home, the kids realize they had crappy coaching last year, and they have MORE (not complete) confidence that they can make this a dog fight. There is no way that any coach or player for Colorado thinks we will easily win this. I think if we win, it is a very close game. I anticipate being stressed out the whole damn game. MM is preaching how fast FSU is and I hope is keeping the kids focused on basics and a bend not break defense. As the line gets more and more good coaching I hope the run game takes off.

That is something I have been thinking about. Teams get better as the year goes on as the players get coached. But seniors and juniors have had years of good coaching, so the improvement is in the redshirt freshemen and sophmores. That is where real gains are made. At CU....unfortunatly, the kids have not had good coaching for years. So the whole team, 5th year seniors and down, and making those bigger gains as the season rolls on. Even with aloss I think CU will continue to get much better as the year rolls on. But I really think win or lose CU makes this decently close. I hope FSU (if they win) can't win by more than 10. I can't see CU winning by more than that too.

As fas as the FSU fans here...understand, we get loaded every week with fans of other teams that talk about how perfect their teams are and brag about how they will tear us up, so we are a bit tired of it. Real talk with strengths and weaknesses is a good thing and we enjoy that. Not like anything on a message board will affect one single thing about the coaches gameplan. If they had to scour a message board to find out strengths and weaknesses we would be totally furked with yet another coaching staff. I think even the most ardent CU fans with full Big Gulp cups full of Kool Aid and wearing Buffs rose colored glasses know this will be a huge test for our team. And it is hard to figure out how we really compare with ony two games played, especially with the teams we played (on both sides).

Good luck to an injury free game (outside of the prayers for a FSU team wide mildly sprained ankle epdemic), Good luck to FSU after this weekend, and GO BUFFS!!!

I can't disagree with this. But you are minimizing Fresno's BCS-buster status as a team led by a gifted QB that is on the cusp of being ranked in the top 25.

I anticipate being stressed out the whole damn game.
You are more optimistic than I am. I anticipate being more depressed than stressed. I am exaggerating but if we even keep it close enough throughout the game to be uncertain about a W/L outcome, I will be ecstatic.

Dude. No one knows better than us how ****ty we've been. Tell us something we don't know.

I feel like Mississippi State could reasonably use safety school smack on Fresno.

Back