What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future of football series vs CSU

I agree the Lightning game was great. However, I really don't see the Rams being good again, what with the 'Have's and Have Not's' going in different directions in the college football landscape. I see CU getting better and it becoming an annual beatdown with little interest for CU fans even if it is a beatdown. I see no reason to keep it going when I want LSU, Georgia, FSU, Michigan, Auburn, teams like that coming here on 1 and 1's.

Lightning game was awesome. That TD pass when the huge lightning strike went off was spectacular. Knew we were going to win at that point. Would have probably blown it open if they hadn't had a stoppage for weather. Gave CSU time to regroup.

What would be really interesting and possibly very cool would be to see how many folks would come to Sports Authority to see a Colo School of Mines vs CSU-Pueblo game. An RMAC extravaganza. While a bit of sheen has left Mines since Stitt left for Missoula, and the CSU-P fans are probably a little economically challenged, I think the matchup would be a true LOCAL COLORADO experience, with all the petroleum engineers and legacy steel workers filling the stands for an emotional square-off. The Denver Post, Sandy Clough, and all the local inbreds could obsess to the max. Hell, I'd probably go if the price was right. Lets screw this local emphasis into a shimmering black hole and see where it goes. Throw in free parking. You just never know.

What would be really interesting and possibly very cool would be to see how many folks would come to Sports Authority to see a Colo School of Mines vs CSU-Pueblo game. An RMAC extravaganza. While a bit of sheen has left Mines since Stitt left for Missoula, and the CSU-P fans are probably a little economically challenged, I think the matchup would be a true LOCAL COLORADO experience, with all the petroleum engineers and legacy steel workers filling the stands for an emotional square-off. The Denver Post, Sandy Clough, and all the local inbreds could obsess to the max. Hell, I'd probably go if the price was right. Lets screw this local emphasis into a shimmering black hole and see where it goes. Throw in free parking. You just never know.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I don't think anyone would obsess about it. I think high school football in Pueblo likely is a bigger deal down there still.

I don't think anyone would obsess about it. I think high school football in Pueblo likely is a bigger deal down there still.

Bell game sells out months in advance. They do turn out for CSU Pueblo football though. Thunderbowl officially seats 7,000 but they have regularly pack a couple thousand more into it.

They have huge community support down there and have had since the program came back, even before they were winning big time. Outside of the AFA their is no real competition for the football fans in the entire southern half of the state. It wouldn't surprise me to see them do another fund drive in the future to fund the program up to an FCS level including expanding seating capacity of the stadium upwards of 15,000.

For me it was part ticket (in Folsom I am at the 48yard line in row 25ish, some of I would argue the best seats int he house) in Denver I:
- Was in the upper deck
- was charged more for the ticket
- did not get to park in Franklin next to the stadium
- got harassed by cops
- dealt with stupid ram fans
- had half the concessions closed
- stared at 20K empty seats
- was surround by donkies "atmosphere"
So my objections were many fold, certainly the nosebleed seats were a large part of it, but the driver was the game not being in Folsom and not having my usual tailgate routine etc. I'd rather play charelston southern in boulder than the real CSU in Denver.

All of the above. I did my part today. Renewed my tickets with the option of applying the funds for the CSU game to another game. 4 Tickets (also on the 48 yard line 25 rows up). Also donated to the Sustainable Excellence Fund as a thank you for the option. Double win for the Buffs!

So given the rumor from Rivals, how would you feel about series against TCU and Texas A&M?

So given the rumor from Rivals, how would you feel about series against TCU and Texas A&M?
When they give us the same 2:1 that CSU will ultimately succumb to, I am all in!

I would be okay with alternating years, but I wouldn't be a fan of playing both in the same year.

When they give us the same 2:1 that CSU will ultimately succumb to, I am all in!

I would be okay with alternating years, but I wouldn't be a fan of playing both in the same year.

TCU would be a great game. Easy to travel to. Cool stadium, and campus atmosphere. Would like that a lot.

Aggie.... well aggie is better than UT.

A&M is an experience, been there a couple of times. TCU doesn't excite me, but it is a shorter drive so would probably go.

I'd like to play either one especially TCU. Have we ever played them before? I know we haven't since I've been watching, at least not that I recall.

Would be good for the team to go up against some elite level competition from other conferences prior to Pac 12 play, IMO. Would also help get CU back in the Texas recruiting market, which is clearly one of the main goals of this. Are there any rumors as to when the series would take place or if they'd just be Home and Home series?

TCU is perfect. I've wanted us to schedule them for a while. As for a&m... I would prefer a different SEC team but am still happy with that

TCU - yes. Inside the DFW area.

A&M - nah. Bryan/College Station is too far from Houston to be useful.

Should schedule Rice (and U houston) instead.

The chatter is we are in serious discussions with both schools and that agreements are likely. Obviously big for recruiting in the two big metro areas. But also think it is a good opportunity to re-engage Texas alums. Also gives fans some name brand teams for home games. Good to see. Hopefully just the beginning, would like to see more P5 schools going forward.

TCU - yes. Inside the DFW area.

A&M - nah. Bryan/College Station is too far from Houston to be useful.

Should schedule Rice (and U houston) instead.
This is the correct answer. Oh, and JR offered up his house as a place to stay for those traveling for the UH or Rice game. Generous, JR!

If you look at the schedule it looks like they want to play one P5 school a year. So I am assuming it will be in the years we don't play Nebraska or Minnesota.

If you look at the schedule it looks like they want to play one P5 school a year. So I am assuming it will be in the years we don't play Nebraska or Minnesota.
I bet we see years with two P5 schools going forward.

I know you will never agree, but I think it is coming and I personally am happy to see the change.

I know you will never agree, but I think it is coming and I personally am happy to see the change.
I see it as putting us at a major competitive disadvantage. I don't see us scheduling 11 P5 teams in a year outside of a conference title year where we play the North winner. Unless a bunch of other schools are doing it there's no need to put ourselves at that disadvantage.

I see it as putting us at a major competitive disadvantage. I don't see us scheduling 11 P5 teams in a year outside of a conference title year where we play the North winner. Unless a bunch of other schools are doing it there's no need to put ourselves at that disadvantage.
It is not like we are scheduling powerhouses. TCU is on an upswing now, but that probably will not last. In any given year, we are going to be (hopefully) safely in the 7-8 win range. An extra P5 game is going to ruin the season? Seems far-fetched.

I'm OK with either, but prefer TCU. Aggie is... aggie. Those people are just weird. Depending on how good CU is at the time, I could definitely see myself going to Ft. Worth to take in a game. Collie station? nah. If I want to see a bunch of goose stepping neanderthals, I'll watch the History Channel.

It is not like we are scheduling powerhouses. TCU is on an upswing now, but that probably will not last. In any given year, we are going to be (hopefully) safely in the 7-8 win range. An extra P5 game is going to ruin the season? Seems far-fetched.

If we start to schedule 2 PF teams do you think that would be the end of the CSU game or no?

I'm OK with either, but prefer TCU. Aggie is... aggie. Those people are just weird. Depending on how good CU is at the time, I could definitely see myself going to Ft. Worth to take in a game. Collie station? nah. If I want to see a bunch of goose stepping neanderthals, I'll watch the History Channel.

Could get flights on southwest to Ft Worth/Dallas for under $200 round trip. Would be a popular trip for lots of CU fans I think.

If we start to schedule 2 PF teams do you think that would be the end of the CSU game or no?

The end of the CSU series is happening in 2020. If it goes beyond that, then CSU is going to give us the 2-1 setup that we should have had from the beginning.

Back