What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread - (RV) Men's bball heads to Brooklyn to face #15 Miami (of FL) (Sunday,12/10/23, Noon PM MT; ESPN2)

TDS finally woke up. He needs to be distributing and playing for those midrange hook shots that he's so good with, forget the 3s
Nope.

Cashing 3's was a huge part of pulling away. Notably it was TDS and LOB who were making them, probably the two players that draw the most ire whenever they miss a shot.

Decent shooters should take open 3's way more often than not.

Allbuffs is entertaining, even if occasionally psychotic in our posts. A bit hard on certain players who undoubtably want to play their best and not screw but are human.
Yes, and us 35 year olds should take credit for the win today .. lambkin was huge and we can claim responsibility with our psychotic posting for chasing LL off which allowed Tad to get Eddie.

Interestingly, Lovering putting up similar numbers at Utah, as he did here: 7pt, 4 Rbds in 21 minutes a game-though he has had a couple 4 assist games recently. Maybe learning interior passing w/ 2 Carlson Bigs?

Some teams with serious low-post bigs this year, including Washington (beat Gonzaga yesterday!), WSU, Utah & hated USC. Arizona & UCLA I would say are big down low, but don’t always play down low. Lampkin may need some help w/ those first 4 teams- Dak impressive rebounder in limited minutes.

Luv Dak’s story: was going to take grad year in Nebraska Prep school, Tad convinced him a red shirt at CU is better development. Team members came to tad, and asked him not to red shirt Dak, Tad always tells it to player straight, and leaves it to player to decide on Redshirt or not. Dak said that if there are injuries maybe he will get to play some, but amazing to burn a year of eligibility, as a team first guy! Luv it!

Interestingly, Lovering putting up similar numbers at Utah, as he did here: 7pt, 4 Rbds in 21 minutes a game-though he has had a couple 4 assist games recently. Maybe learning interior passing w/ 2 Carlson Bigs?

Some teams with serious low-post bigs this year, including Washington (beat Gonzaga yesterday!), WSU, Utah & hated USC. Arizona & UCLA I would say are big down low, but don’t always play down low. Lampkin may need some help w/ those first 4 teams- Dak impressive rebounder in limited minutes.

Luv Dak’s story: was going to take grad year in Nebraska Prep school, Tad convinced him a red shirt at CU is better development. Team members came to tad, and asked him not to red shirt Dak, Tad always tells it to player straight, and leaves it to player to decide on Redshirt or not. Dak said that if there are injuries maybe he will get to play some, but amazing to burn a year of eligibility, as a team first guy! Luv it!
We will need Dak to log some minutes in conference play. Imagine if we were stuck with Hurlburt as the lone backup for Lampkin.

I didn't say it was broken and he was out six weeks. 6 weeks is just the common recovery time for a broken wrist.
Liar! 😆

I wasn’t singling anyone out. Just saw several that presumed it is broken. From personal experience, when you have inflammation in the wrist you need to totally immobilize it. Not saying it isn’t broken. But you can’t tell based on how it’s wrapped.

Last edited:
Nope.

Cashing 3's was a huge part of pulling away. Notably it was TDS and LOB who were making them, probably the two players that draw the most ire whenever they miss a shot.

Decent shooters should take open 3's way more often than not.
TDS was 1-6 from 3pt today. But he is shooting 45% from behind the arc this year! Streaky shooter.

That Florida State loss could become an albatross.

giphy.gif

Huge quad1 win that we needed for the resume!! Let’s go! When TDS does his thing we’re a second weekend team in March even apparently without Cody. If all our guys are clicking, we’re the best offense in the PAC!

Can’t wait for conference play. Got what is currently a Quad 1 and a quad 2 at home and then Quad 1 and Quad 2 opportunity on the road, the first two weeks! 3 wins and we’re in great shape!

Many are talking about how our D won the game.
The Miami coach:

“I think the way they play offense really tore us apart — moving without the ball, setting really good screens, constant movement and cutting,” Larrañaga said.

Many are talking about how our D won the game.
The Miami coach:

“I think the way they play offense really tore us apart — moving without the ball, setting really good screens, constant movement and cutting,” Larrañaga said.
100%, we shredded them offensively. Our defensive performance was fine, nothing special. We just *worked* them with the ball. They simply gave up with ~8 min left.

Yeah. Seems like Da Lama is almost always wrong. But that's what I like about him. If he were ever right, I'd hate that dude.
Just here to keep things interesting. That's why the Junta pays me the big bucks. ;)

(Seriously though, that's what they pay me for.)

Missed the game, should've recorded it. When I first saw the score, I thought it was a damn typo considering what we have been seeing. Really big win. For God Sake, please find some consistency. Do that, you're dancing.

100%, we shredded them offensively. Our defensive performance was fine, nothing special. We just *worked* them with the ball. They simply gave up with ~8 min left.
Post-game, one of the TV people said he thought they kind of gave up, halfway into the 2nd half

Post-game, one of the TV people said he thought they kind of gave up, halfway into the 2nd half
There was a sequence late (inside 5 minutes, iirc) when we got a steal, lost the handle on what should have been 3 layup opportunities, then sunk a 3 pointer off the loose ball recovery. That was a "Miami's not even trying now" moment that I'm sure is going to be painful for the players in their film session.

Back